Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

500 MR Points for Checking Out at the Front Desk

500 MR Points for Checking Out at the Front Desk

Old May 13, 2017, 3:14 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Might be more useful to the hotel if the bonus was offered to checkouts before 8:00 am.
Old May 13, 2017, 4:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by dayone
Might be more useful to the hotel if the bonus was offered to checkouts before 8:00 am.
It's useful (and common courtesy in my opinion) regardless of when it happens.
Old May 14, 2017, 1:41 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
I have to chuckle: it used to be normal to stop by the front desk to drop off the keys and let them know that you were leaving. Then hotel chains started advertising "express checkout" with "just leave your keys in the room" policies. I always wondered how that was supposed to work out for the hotel and made it a point of returning my keys to the front desk anyway -- even if I would just place them on the counter and leave if there was a queue.

Now, after 10+ years the first hotel realizes the problem and starts giving points for returning the keys at the front desk... I'd love the points I'd get if this policy spread further!

HTB.
Old May 14, 2017, 10:03 pm

Definitely property-dependent.

Just checked out of the Residence Inn Orlando Airport today. Friendly staff but no bonus points. Doesn't bother me though -- I almost always check out at the front desk so the room can be cleaned and given to the next guest.
Old May 14, 2017, 10:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by htb
it used to be normal to stop by the front desk to drop off the keys and let them know that you were leaving.
And it still is for some of us.
Old May 15, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
Originally Posted by dayone
Last week at the Sheraton Austin (I know it's not a Marriott, but since the programs are merging, maybe some Marriott properties will try as well), I was offered 500 SPG points to check out before 9 am. I did so just for the points.

If it had been particularly inconvenient/I really needed the room after, I wouldn't have. But in a marginal decision, or when you might leave the room only planning to pick up your bag later, that could definitely sway someone to an earlier checkout.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.