Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Cologne, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2017, 7:20 am
Original Poster
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver

Courtyard by Marriott Cologne

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Dagobertstrasse 19-29 Cologne, DE 50668

Courtyard Cologne (3 Photos)

Quick review of the Courtyard Cologne where I had a 3 nights stay. 

Check In

I used the Marriott Mobile app check-in feature but as I said in another post, it's a bit useless as I still had to give them my ID and credit card, fill in the arrival paper and sign it. So yeah, doesn't save much time.

The lobby area can get quite busy because that's the only place where people can get free WiFi. Otherwise, friendly staff and never had an issue there (stayed here a few times already).

I remember someone asking about the difference of location between the CY and the Marriott. The Marriott is closer to the main station/Dome area but it's really nothing. Walking from the main station to the CY takes less than 10min depending on your pace. There is a S-Bahn station not far from the hotel as well, which is closer than the main station. You'll find quite a few restaurants, markets by just crossing the main road. The area around the hotel is quite residential so it's not as lively as living in the center though if that's a decisive point for you.

The hotel has its own parking lot and there is an electric car spot right outside the door for people to charge their e-cars.

Room

Got upgraded to one category above my initial reservation, so that was nice. As usual, no free breakfast at CY for Elite members. 
The room is of good size, clean and simple, similar to most of the Courtyards I've visited and that were fairly new.

The ventilation/AC is a bit noisy if you're a light sleeper. Other than that, nothing special to report.

Free WiFi for Elite members works well, good speed and stable.

One note about the bathroom though, the sink is quite tiny and it's placed at an odd height.... minor detail but it's just at a weird height when you're washing your hands :-) Splashing issue with the shower, as usual in modern hotels now where the glass panel doesn't really help preventing water to be all over the floor. If you don't pay attention at the beginning, the floor mat will be soaking wet once you're done showering.

IMG_4077.JPG

IMG_4079.JPG

IMG_4078.JPG

Dining

Did some room service twice for dinner. It's not real room service as they don't have someone bring the food to you. You have a menu in your room, you make your selection, call them and they will prepare it for you and ask you to pick it up downstairs at the restaurant on the ground floor. They put everything nicely on a tray and you just walk back like that back to your room. If you ordered a lot, it might be a bit inpractical as you need to swipe your card in the elevator in order to select the floor, not to mention when you need to open your room door.

Courtyard Cologne

Would you like to write a review on the Courtyard by Marriott Cologne?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old May 11, 2017, 7:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the review with pictures. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Here currently on a week long award stay (7 night cert used).
Have been VERY impressed with hotel. Ambassador recognition has been outstanding. Not just comping breakfast daily, which they are not required to do, but front desk and bistro staff remembering my name, greetings as I walk past, remembering preferences at breakfast, etc. Still offered 10 Euro a day credit for on-site bistro as well, which is beyond generous...and i am thus reluctant to use tbh Haha

In what I believe is an "over-sized" standard room, which is what I would expect on a week long award stay. Comfortable, and very roomy, especially for Europe. In what I consider a rare perk these days, an enclosed closet and a decent-sized, dedicated work desk with a nice chair. Awesome.

Original room I was assigned had an issue with the Air Conditioning, which necessitated switching rooms. The staff handled it with great urgency and tact. Goes to show that with the right staff, issues are not made out to tarnish the perception of the stay.

Hotel is situated in what I consider an ideal location. 10 min walk to main train station, and 5 minute walk to closest U-bahn station. Immediate vicinity has good coffee shops, restaurants, cafes, etc. Steps away from a more neighborhood feel area. 10 minute walk thru a park to reach the Rhine. Small grocery store across the street, great for grabbing water and nibbles for the room. Having stayed in the FS Marriott before, I like this location better for a lengthier, leisure stay.

High marks in every regard for the property and staff here.

Clarity_ likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 9:13 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
I had stayed at this property several years ago. I believe it is a solid Courtyard. No positive or negative surprises.

I was a bit irritated by the long check in times. I am not sure why so many properties are incapable of actually leveraging the electronic check in to issue the guest keys without stopping by the front desk.

Some current photos:

Last edited by cbellero; Jan 26, 2023 at 9:20 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.