FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   Can't log into app "unprocessable condition" (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1841149-cant-log-into-app-unprocessable-condition.html)

DpchMd May 7, 2017 8:30 am

Can't log into app "unprocessable condition"

I can log into the Marriott web site and mobile web site no problem.

When I log into the app I get an "unprocessable condition" error.

Using iOS 7 and tried deleting and reinstalling the app.

Marriott support been no help at all.

Any ideas guys?

CPRich May 7, 2017 10:58 am

"Compatability: Requires iOS 9.0 or later"

It works fine for me on 10.3.1. Maybe try upgrading your OS, which was obsoleted nearly 3 years ago.

DpchMd May 7, 2017 12:32 pm

Sorry. meant iPhone 7 with latest OS

DpchMd May 9, 2017 7:03 am

This is now resolved.

The problem was I somehow managed to set a 24-character password, despite the rules set to 8-20 characters.

The Marriott web site accepted my password, whereas the app restricts the password field to 20 characters.

It's concerning from a security standpoint that when I was pasting my 24-character password into the app which was only accepting 20 characters, that it did not simply respond with 'invalid password'. This tells me that Marriott were able to validate (to some extent) a 20-character string against my 24-character password hash, which raises doubts about the security of their password management.

Orange County Commuter May 9, 2017 7:41 am

Perhaps the real problem is that this is a horrid app?

MileageGoblin Aug 21, 2018 9:19 am

Anybody else getting this message now during the IT merge fiasco? I haven't been able to login to the website for 4 days now.

socalsun Aug 21, 2018 10:37 am

Originally Posted by MileageGoblin (Post 30110373)
Anybody else getting this message now during the IT merge fiasco? I haven't been able to login to the website for 4 days now.

Yes, had this issue yesterday. I believe it's because my SPG password was longer than 20 characters, which is the limit Marriott allowed. After resetting the SPG password to a shorter one, this error stopped for me.

MileageGoblin Aug 21, 2018 4:02 pm

Not a character issue. Both are only 8 characters. Just changed the email addresses so they weren't the same and still no go on Marriott.com (can log into spg).

Wickersley Aug 22, 2018 12:56 am

I have the same issue,

Marriott password is only 8 characters.

SPG account is linked, but not accessed since prior to the 18th

interestingly, when I search, I see SPG Hotels, but not Marriott

No issues if I search without logging in....

chicago747 Aug 22, 2018 5:48 am

I was able to log into both my Marriott and SPG accounts this morning. A few of the bloggers shared the link to combine your accounts so I did. After combining I now can't log into either and am getting the same unprocessable condition error message. On the positive side when I did combine accounts it looked like everything merged correctly.

pitflyer Aug 22, 2018 6:34 am

I can not login to the website either with same error. Was working fine yesterday after combining my accounts,

torontotravel Aug 22, 2018 6:53 am

I cannot log in to either account. Get the "unprocessable" message.

dukesy Aug 22, 2018 6:54 am

Same for me on website (either SPG or Marriott side)

APP on android LOOKS like it works, but cant find any hotels !

getagb Aug 22, 2018 6:56 am

I was able to resolve the unprocessable condition by resetting my password. The password reset only worked when I provided my email address. I initially tried resetting via my member number and that did not work.

redpalmetto Aug 22, 2018 6:58 am

After combining accounts yesterday, I get the error on both app and website.
Please correct the following and try again. We are unable to process your request at this time due to an unprocessable condition. Please try again later.