Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

MegaBonus Summer 2017 (5/27/17-9/4/17)

Old May 15, 2017, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
When it should post:
  • The stay bonus should post with each stay on which you earn it.
  • The brand bonus does not post with each stay, and according to what we've heard will likely not post until some time after the promo ends.

What kind of stays count:
  • Only stays on which you normally earn Marriott points count.
  • Award stays (including cash + points stays) do not count.
  • Third-party stays on which you don't earn Marriott points do not count.
================================================

MegaBonus®
Go ahead, earn endlessly: Get 2,000 bonus points per stay beginning with your second stay and an additional 2,000 points for each new brand you stay with.

See Details:
  • Register by August 30, 2017
  • Stay at any of our participating hotels and resorts worldwide between May 27 and September 4, 2017
  • Earn 2,000 bonus points per stay beginning with your second stay.
  • Earn an additional 2,000 bonus points for each new brand you stay with, beginning with your second brand.
    • The first stay establishes the first brand. Member will earn bonus points for every additional brand they stay with.
    • The brand challenge is limited to the number of available participating brands.
Book direct to get our lowest rates worldwide. When you’re ready, redeem points for free nights, flights, exclusive experiences and so much more.

Participating Brands (17) (from Terms & Conditions (which differs from promo logo graphic of 18)):
  1. EDITION®
  2. JW Marriott®
  3. Autograph Collection® Hotels
  4. Renaissance® Hotels
  5. Marriott® Hotels & Resorts
  6. Delta Hotels
  7. Marriott Vacation Club®
  8. Gaylord Hotels®
  9. AC Hotels by MarriottSM
  10. Courtyard by Marriott®
  11. Residence Inn by Marriott®
  12. SpringHill Suites by Marriott®
  13. Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®
  14. TownePlace Suites by Marriott®
  15. Protea Hotels
  16. Moxy
  17. The Ritz-Carlton®
or in alphabetical order:
  • AC Hotels by MarriottSM
  • Autograph Collection® Hotels
  • Courtyard by Marriott®
  • Delta Hotels
  • EDITION®
  • Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®
  • Gaylord Hotels®
  • JW Marriott®
  • Marriott Vacation Club®
  • Marriott® Hotels & Resorts
  • Moxy
  • Protea Hotels
  • Renaissance® Hotels
  • Residence Inn by Marriott®
  • SpringHill Suites by Marriott®
  • The Ritz-Carlton®
  • TownePlace Suites by Marriott®
Ineligible Brands/Stays: (from T's & C's)
  • Stays at ExecuStay and Marriott Executive Apartments are not eligible for credit toward this promotion.
  • Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for credit toward this promotion and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit toward this promotion.
Print Wikipost

MegaBonus Summer 2017 (5/27/17-9/4/17)

Old Oct 13, 2017, 9:26 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Michilander
Mine posted today, and like several others I seem to be 2000 points short.

Our first stay was at a Marriott, but we stayed at another Marriott later. As I understand the T&C, that second stay at a Marriott should have earned brand points. I have to wonder, however, if that got missed by the algorithm. How many who are missing points had a second stay at their initial brand?
That was not my case. I had 4 different brands, but was only given 4000 points.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Mine came through correctly overnight.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Michilander
Mine posted today, and like several others I seem to be 2000 points short.

Our first stay was at a Marriott, but we stayed at another Marriott later. As I understand the T&C, that second stay at a Marriott should have earned brand points. I have to wonder, however, if that got missed by the algorithm. How many who are missing points had a second stay at their initial brand?
"Earn an additional 2,000 bonus points for each new brand you stay with, beginning with your second brand.
The first stay establishes the first brand. Member will earn bonus points for every additional brand they stay with."

My interpretation of these terms( which admittedly could be off the mark), is that you should not see the 2K for the second Marriott stay, since your first once established the brand. Your second Marriott stay is not a different brand.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Agreed -- you get absolutely no promo credit for the first night at the first brand, and should not expect to get brand credit on a subsequent stay there (bonus points, yes); the intent is that every participating member shall have one brand (the first) which earns no brand credit, period (full stop).
Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: M&M,UA MP Silver, MR LT Titanium, HH Gold
2000 points short. 8 different brands (JW, RI, CY, M, R, AC, Moxy & Autograph), got 12.000 points. After all These years I'm still waiting for the one mistake in my favour.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: Marriott TE, AC75K
I was also 2,000 points short and phoned in to get it corrected.

The MR Agent said that the system is mistakenly counting Marriotts and JW's as the same brand. So if you stayed at both those brands during the promotion, be sure to double-check your bonus!
Brendan likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 5:20 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Mine correctly posted overnight.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 7:18 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List Pref, HH Gold, Marriott LT PP
Mine posted today but was shorted 2,000 points. Stayed at 6 brands and should get 10,000 points. 8,000 points posted. I did have both Marriott and JW in the mix so hopefully the issue reported above with these two brands is the case. Will be calling in.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 7:21 pm

Mine posted yeaterday, correctly.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 8:19 pm

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ALARISstl
Haven't received my bonus points yet.
Got 6K today, put me over 2mil for LP.
ryandc99 and pokee like this.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 10:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by rowdypfeifer
The MR Agent said that the system is mistakenly counting Marriotts and JW's as the same brand. So if you stayed at both those brands during the promotion, be sure to double-check your bonus!
Bingo.

Did Marriott hire Hyatt's CTO?
Old Oct 14, 2017, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by rowdypfeifer
I was also 2,000 points short and phoned in to get it corrected.

Same here, re: Marriott and JW.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 2:11 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Glad I came back to this thread. Same issue, JW and Marriott were two of my brands and I was only given credit for six brands (stayed at eight).

On the phone with MR right now and the lady I'm speaking to said she heard something about this and is getting it fixed.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 3:13 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by ALARISstl
Got 6K today, put me over 2mil for LP.
Congrats! My situation is similar... 10k brand bonus pushed me over 2MM for LTP. I'm not quite to 750 nights yet. I'm on track to have it when rollover nights post in early January, if I don't earn it outright before then.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 6:14 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
A silver lining in the delay to receive the brand-bonus points: "The date of your last qualifying activity was 10/12/17.
Your account will remain active and points won’t expire as long as you stay or use some of your points by 10/12/19."
Meaningful for the few FTers (and lurkers) who don't often stay at Marriotts.
bsdstone likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.