Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

MegaBonus Summer 2017 (5/27/17-9/4/17)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 15, 2017, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
When it should post:
  • The stay bonus should post with each stay on which you earn it.
  • The brand bonus does not post with each stay, and according to what we've heard will likely not post until some time after the promo ends.

What kind of stays count:
  • Only stays on which you normally earn Marriott points count.
  • Award stays (including cash + points stays) do not count.
  • Third-party stays on which you don't earn Marriott points do not count.
================================================

MegaBonus®
Go ahead, earn endlessly: Get 2,000 bonus points per stay beginning with your second stay and an additional 2,000 points for each new brand you stay with.

See Details:
  • Register by August 30, 2017
  • Stay at any of our participating hotels and resorts worldwide between May 27 and September 4, 2017
  • Earn 2,000 bonus points per stay beginning with your second stay.
  • Earn an additional 2,000 bonus points for each new brand you stay with, beginning with your second brand.
    • The first stay establishes the first brand. Member will earn bonus points for every additional brand they stay with.
    • The brand challenge is limited to the number of available participating brands.
Book direct to get our lowest rates worldwide. When you’re ready, redeem points for free nights, flights, exclusive experiences and so much more.

Participating Brands (17) (from Terms & Conditions (which differs from promo logo graphic of 18)):
  1. EDITION®
  2. JW Marriott®
  3. Autograph Collection® Hotels
  4. Renaissance® Hotels
  5. Marriott® Hotels & Resorts
  6. Delta Hotels
  7. Marriott Vacation Club®
  8. Gaylord Hotels®
  9. AC Hotels by MarriottSM
  10. Courtyard by Marriott®
  11. Residence Inn by Marriott®
  12. SpringHill Suites by Marriott®
  13. Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®
  14. TownePlace Suites by Marriott®
  15. Protea Hotels
  16. Moxy
  17. The Ritz-Carlton®
or in alphabetical order:
  • AC Hotels by MarriottSM
  • Autograph Collection® Hotels
  • Courtyard by Marriott®
  • Delta Hotels
  • EDITION®
  • Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®
  • Gaylord Hotels®
  • JW Marriott®
  • Marriott Vacation Club®
  • Marriott® Hotels & Resorts
  • Moxy
  • Protea Hotels
  • Renaissance® Hotels
  • Residence Inn by Marriott®
  • SpringHill Suites by Marriott®
  • The Ritz-Carlton®
  • TownePlace Suites by Marriott®
Ineligible Brands/Stays: (from T's & C's)
  • Stays at ExecuStay and Marriott Executive Apartments are not eligible for credit toward this promotion.
  • Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for credit toward this promotion and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit toward this promotion.
Print Wikipost

MegaBonus Summer 2017 (5/27/17-9/4/17)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2017, 12:03 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by Carpboy823
Brand points won't post until 6 weeks after the entire promotion has ended, meaning that you'll see those around mid-October.
ohhh thanks for clarification. I thought 6 weeks after check out
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by Carpboy823
Brand points won't post until 6 weeks after the entire promotion has ended, meaning that you'll see those around mid-October.
Ah...I was just going to post a question asking this, since I haven't received my brand bonuses either. It's quite confusing that they post one bonus immediately with regular points but wait for the additional bonus! Why would they do that???
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:39 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Great question, Pokee! Why would they do that??? Some of us need those points for soon-coming stays !
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Since we're getting to the end, I'll ask, does the night of Sept. 4th count? I assume not, but if anyone has info to the contrary I'd be happy to hear it.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:02 pm

So has anyone tried to get their brand points early on a promo like this I need them for a stay in London starting 10/11. Since that's well over a month after the promo ends that seems like plenty of time!
Old Aug 27, 2017, 7:37 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
So has anyone tried to get their brand points early on a promo like this I need them for a stay in London starting 10/11. Since that's well over a month after the promo ends that seems like plenty of time!
Then why would you need to get them early? You can book a Rewards room without points in your account; you just need them to be there shortly before arrival.

I doubt you would have much luck trying to have them process it early since it seems unlikely they'd have a method of preventing the automated system from awarding the points a second time.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 3:18 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by fordan
Then why would you need to get them early? You can book a Rewards room without points in your account; you just need them to be there shortly before arrival.

I doubt you would have much luck trying to have them process it early since it seems unlikely they'd have a method of preventing the automated system from awarding the points a second time.
Actually depending on the hotel. The points will need to be there 14 to 7 days prior to arrival.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by fordan

You need them about 7 days before arrival which is only one month after this promo ends.... Considering they are saying 6 weeks that's a little risky!
Old Aug 27, 2017, 5:33 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
I doubt you will be able to arrange for getting the points early. However, the 6 week thing seems to be standard wording for adjustments made after the promotion ends. In practice, such adjustments often appear much earlier, so keep your fingers crossed.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by Michilander
I doubt you will be able to arrange for getting the points early. However, the 6 week thing seems to be standard wording for adjustments made after the promotion ends. In practice, such adjustments often appear much earlier, so keep your fingers crossed.
If worse comes to worse I can cancel a Starwood Points reservation and move those points to Marriott That's a pretty fast move
Old Sep 2, 2017, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Anyone doing any mattress run stays this weekend to maximize their earnings through 09/04?

Just did a quick search for the LAX area for tonight - many of the Marriott properties are unavailable for booking. Among those that still have rooms, the CY Santa Monica has rates starting at $404 for just tonight - Ouch! I'd rather go over to the JW Marriott LA LIVE for $220.

David
Old Sep 2, 2017, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by DELee
Anyone doing any mattress run stays this weekend to maximize their earnings through 09/04?

Just did a quick search for the LAX area for tonight - many of the Marriott properties are unavailable for booking. Among those that still have rooms, the CY Santa Monica has rates starting at $404 for just tonight - Ouch! I'd rather go over to the JW Marriott LA LIVE for $220.

David
Sunday night at a local new AC property.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELee

David
Keep in mind that due to the intense heat wave (reaching all the way to the coast), some people without air conditioning may be booking hotel rooms (tonight more likely than Sunday night or Monday Night, when it should start cooling down a bit at the coast). That's what I used to do during such heat waves until I recently bought a portable air conditioner for my bedroom (and then a laptop tray so I can more conveniently use my laptop in bed, which I'm doing right now, because my bedroom is the only semi-cool room in the apartment right now).

Plus it's a big travel weekend, including people coming to the LA area.

If you want low rates this weekend, it probably has to be far from the coast (or if near the coast, in OC not LA County). Sunday night rates just below or just above $100 are available, but only in places like Corona, Anaheim Hills, Tustin, Santa Ana, Palmdale, etc.

Around $120ish you start getting Costa Mesa and places like that.

Do a search but then sort on Price and you'll see this pattern.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 7:18 pm

Programs: MR rewards
Checked in on the 3rd of SEP in 1st time brand do I still eligible for the 4k points ?
It shows on the website under promotion that this one has ended !
Old Sep 4, 2017, 7:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
No. Read the wiki T&Cs

Originally Posted by weld3z
Checked in on the 3rd of SEP in 1st time brand do I still eligible for the 4k points ?
It shows on the website under promotion that this one has ended !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.