Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

MegaBonus Summer 2017 (5/27/17-9/4/17)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 15, 2017, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
When it should post:
  • The stay bonus should post with each stay on which you earn it.
  • The brand bonus does not post with each stay, and according to what we've heard will likely not post until some time after the promo ends.

What kind of stays count:
  • Only stays on which you normally earn Marriott points count.
  • Award stays (including cash + points stays) do not count.
  • Third-party stays on which you don't earn Marriott points do not count.
================================================

MegaBonus®
Go ahead, earn endlessly: Get 2,000 bonus points per stay beginning with your second stay and an additional 2,000 points for each new brand you stay with.

See Details:
  • Register by August 30, 2017
  • Stay at any of our participating hotels and resorts worldwide between May 27 and September 4, 2017
  • Earn 2,000 bonus points per stay beginning with your second stay.
  • Earn an additional 2,000 bonus points for each new brand you stay with, beginning with your second brand.
    • The first stay establishes the first brand. Member will earn bonus points for every additional brand they stay with.
    • The brand challenge is limited to the number of available participating brands.
Book direct to get our lowest rates worldwide. When you’re ready, redeem points for free nights, flights, exclusive experiences and so much more.

Participating Brands (17) (from Terms & Conditions (which differs from promo logo graphic of 18)):
  1. EDITION®
  2. JW Marriott®
  3. Autograph Collection® Hotels
  4. Renaissance® Hotels
  5. Marriott® Hotels & Resorts
  6. Delta Hotels
  7. Marriott Vacation Club®
  8. Gaylord Hotels®
  9. AC Hotels by MarriottSM
  10. Courtyard by Marriott®
  11. Residence Inn by Marriott®
  12. SpringHill Suites by Marriott®
  13. Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®
  14. TownePlace Suites by Marriott®
  15. Protea Hotels
  16. Moxy
  17. The Ritz-Carlton®
or in alphabetical order:
  • AC Hotels by MarriottSM
  • Autograph Collection® Hotels
  • Courtyard by Marriott®
  • Delta Hotels
  • EDITION®
  • Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®
  • Gaylord Hotels®
  • JW Marriott®
  • Marriott Vacation Club®
  • Marriott® Hotels & Resorts
  • Moxy
  • Protea Hotels
  • Renaissance® Hotels
  • Residence Inn by Marriott®
  • SpringHill Suites by Marriott®
  • The Ritz-Carlton®
  • TownePlace Suites by Marriott®
Ineligible Brands/Stays: (from T's & C's)
  • Stays at ExecuStay and Marriott Executive Apartments are not eligible for credit toward this promotion.
  • Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for credit toward this promotion and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit toward this promotion.
Print Wikipost

MegaBonus Summer 2017 (5/27/17-9/4/17)

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2017, 9:47 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by bigshooter
What is the environmental impact of hotel hopping? Housekeeping will still clean the room (unless you decline it) whether you are still staying there or have left.
Probably offset by the number of maids who will lose jobs due to the little sign saying "hang up your towels and we won't replace them"
Old May 10, 2017, 7:05 am

I can totally see how the 'real' loyalists are disappointed with this promo, but I'm looking forward to it, as well as the SPG version. If there really is a brand promo thrown into the mix, I'd be pretty pleased. I don't mind hotel hopping (or trading out with a companion, especially given 4pm checkout times) and often book single nights anyway. Even 2k a night is more than double points usually nets me, and I can't remember the last time I booked a Marriott room for $400+ a night...
Old May 10, 2017, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by synergistic
I can totally see how the 'real' loyalists are disappointed with this promo, but I'm looking forward to it, as well as the SPG version. If there really is a brand promo thrown into the mix, I'd be pretty pleased. I don't mind hotel hopping (or trading out with a companion, especially given 4pm checkout times) and often book single nights anyway. Even 2k a night is more than double points usually nets me, and I can't remember the last time I booked a Marriott room for $400+ a night...
I would definitely like to see a stacked promo where you earn points for trying hotels of the opposite brand. Not sure how they would track it though unless you have linked your accounts. You earn your normal promo with Marriott, but then earn 5000 points on SPG or something like that and vice versa. I would take advantage of a promo like that!
Old May 10, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by FlyerTom111
I would definitely like to see a stacked promo where you earn points for trying hotels of the opposite brand. Not sure how they would track it though unless you have linked your accounts. You earn your normal promo with Marriott, but then earn 5000 points on SPG or something like that and vice versa. I would take advantage of a promo like that!
That's an interesting idea. Given that the purpose of a promo is to create incentives for interaction the company desires, a crossover brands promo would serve to engage SPG/MR loyalists in exploring the other side of the portfolio. It would spur replacing customers' misgivings of, "Oh, great, industry consolidation. And with a program I don't like," with positive experiences of "Hey, this is cool, there are a lot more choices now." But I don't know that MR is that creative. IHG, for all their IT struggles, is. MR is not.
Old May 10, 2017, 5:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by bergamini
I'll hotel hop if I need "Stays" which is more of a Hilton concept than Marriott. With that said, there are a SpringHill Suites and TownePlace right next to each other at my current client. I never fully unpack so I could easily hop between the two to get an extra 6K per week. Unfortunately the lower earnings rate at TownePlace would negate a good chunk of that. If it was an RI or Courtyard next to the SpringHill, I'd consider it.
Unless something has changed, RI has the same reduced earnings of TPS, no?
Old May 10, 2017, 9:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Marko123
Don't most people decline daily service nowadays? Purely anecdotal I know, but I see more and more DND signs on doors these days.

I wish they did it by night though. Why should someone who stays 1 night get the same bonus as someone who stays for a week?
Agreed. Anything under 4-5 nights and I always leave DND on. Would rather not have people in my room.
Old May 11, 2017, 7:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Marko123
Don't most people decline daily service nowadays?
Off-topic to the thread:

I don't. I like having the room freshened/bed made.

On-topic to the thread:

We'll find out on Monday when the promos start hitting elites if it's just the one mentioned or if it will be the 3 types that have shown up previously.

Cheers.
Old May 11, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Off-topic to the thread:

I don't. I like having the room freshened/bed made.

On-topic to the thread:

We'll find out on Monday when the promos start hitting elites if it's just the one mentioned or if it will be the 3 types that have shown up previously.

Cheers.
I called in yesterday to report another missing stay. The Marriott rep, who was excellent btw, told me it was the promo was the 2K stay post as reported up thread and there are no alternate variations.
Old May 11, 2017, 8:57 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
Unless something has changed, RI has the same reduced earnings of TPS, no?
My bad. That's correct. In real life there is a SpringHill, TownePlace and Courtyard in the same business park so that's how I could hop and that's why I was thinking 50% @ TownePlace only.
Old May 11, 2017, 10:45 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
great for u in the us , but in europe there are almost only marriott and courtyards ( now some moxys as well )
Old May 11, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by cln
great for u in the us , but in europe there are almost only marriott and courtyards ( now some moxys as well )
There are also JW, RC, Renaissance, AC hotels, Autograph Collection and Edition in Europe, all of which I have stayed at with the exception of Edition and AC hotels. FWIW, I've also stayed in Marriotts and Courtyards, but no Moxy.
Old May 11, 2017, 1:11 pm

I read earlier is this thread that there was a IHG promotion after May 15th? I am currently signed up for the April 15th to the May 15th. The one thing I don't like about IHG is it is hard to navigate their website and find promotions. Either I have to get them through email or search alot on the website. I find the Marriott page user friendly and being able to click under my promotions is alot better in my opinion.

So did IHG announce something after May 15th?

Starwood rewards question: I know you can transfer your points from Starwood to Marriott. Does 1 startwood point equal one Marriott point? If i have a stay at Starwood does that stay/night transfer over to my nights with Marriott?

For my I barley get 50 nights with Marriott to be Gold. I don't want to waste stays at Starwood if that is the case
Old May 11, 2017, 5:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Welcome to Flyertalk!

Your IHG questions should probably be asked in the IHG forum.

Stays/nights (whether SPG or MAR) do not qualify for status w/ the other chain currently (and not until sometime in '18). You can transfer points btwn SPG & MAR. 1 SPG = 3 MAR & 3 MAR = 1 SPG.

Cheers.
Old May 11, 2017, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skoools15
I read earlier is this thread that there was a IHG promotion after May 15th? I am currently signed up for the April 15th to the May 15th. The one thing I don't like about IHG is it is hard to navigate their website and find promotions. Either I have to get them through email or search alot on the website. I find the Marriott page user friendly and being able to click under my promotions is alot better in my opinion.

So did IHG announce something after May 15th?
Welcome to FlyerTalk, skoools15.

This thread about the upcoming IHG promotion never seem to fall off of the first page of the IHG forum:
Of course, there's little mention of it in the Marriott forum simply because there's a separate IHG forum which is the more correct place to discuss it.

Does 1 startwood point equal one Marriott point?
No, 1 Starwood point equals 3 Marriott points, whichever direction you transfer.

If i have a stay at Starwood does that stay/night transfer over to my nights with Marriott?
From a lifetime status perspective, it probably will at some point. But not for your annual status, those are still completely separate (and work differently at) Marriott vs Starwood, at least for the rest of 2017. (It may or may not work differently in 2018.)
Old May 15, 2017, 3:14 am

Promo is now live. Here's my version:

MegaBonus®
Go ahead, earn endlessly: Get 2,000 bonus points per stay beginning with your second stay and an additional 2,000 points for each new brand you stay with.
See Details
Register by August 30, 2017
Stay at any of our participating hotels and resorts worldwide between May 27 and September 4, 2017
Earn 2,000 bonus points per stay beginning with your second stay.
Earn an additional 2,000 bonus points for each new brand you stay with, beginning with your second brand.
The first stay establishes the first brand. Member will earn bonus points for every additional brand they stay with.
The brand challenge is limited to the number of available participating brands.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.