Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidate Marriott points into one account - use SPG as intermediary?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidate Marriott points into one account - use SPG as intermediary?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2017, 2:47 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Hi All, this was kind of alluded to upthread but I’d like to get some clarification.

I have some SPG points that I’d like to redeem for a hotel for a trip my buddy and I will be taking together. He’s a platinum so we’re hoping to book with his account so that we can get his perks. Here’s my question: would I be able to transfer my SPG points to my Marriott account and then transfer those Marriott points to his Marriott account and then send back to his SPG account to make the booking? We’re not related and don’t have the same address, etc. thanks!
Old Nov 30, 2017, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by FlyerGuy10
Hi All, this was kind of alluded to upthread but I’d like to get some clarification.

I have some SPG points that I’d like to redeem for a hotel for a trip my buddy and I will be taking together. He’s a platinum so we’re hoping to book with his account so that we can get his perks. Here’s my question: would I be able to transfer my SPG points to my Marriott account and then transfer those Marriott points to his Marriott account and then send back to his SPG account to make the booking? We’re not related and don’t have the same address, etc. thanks!
I think it's possible. Both Marriott accounts are Plat/Gold, no handling fee is required, no need same address. Ratio is 3 (Marriott) : 1 (SPG)

https://www.marriott.com/marriott-re...g_lighttbox.mi
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
In the new program, how do you consolidate two spouse accounts. I don't want to move points between them because you have to pay if moving points from the non-elite account to the elite member's account. Simply want to combine two Marriott spousal accounts if that is possible.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:56 am

You have to call marriott to send the points. I was able to send my wifes non elite points to my platinum account for no fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.