Renaissance Schaumburg, Illinois

Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat

Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center Hotel

1551 Thoreau Dr N Schaumburg, IL US 60173

Renaissance Schaumburg, Illinois (0 Photo)

Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center Hotel

This is a recently renovated Renaissance connected to the Convention Center. All the public areas, the bar and front desk look fresh and new.  I was there for a company event we held in the convention center meeting space. 

The lounge was not crowded and had plenty of seats for breakfast and evening appetiisers.  It has two levels and lots of nooks to have a private conversation or meeting.  Plenty of plugs for the electronics. I liked it and the staff were polite and friendly. The evening appetisers and deserts were definitely above average for a Marriot brand property. My reference for lounges are Fairmont Gold Lounges which are a paid upgrade. 

There is a free shuttle which will take you within a 3 mile radius.

Check In

I used the Marriot App and had the keys waiting for me on arrival. Very smooth and very friendly staff at the desk. I had booked a standard double double and was upgraded to Executive King. Much appreciated.

Room

I stayed on the Executive Floor  (the 15th, next to the Lounge} and it was quiet despite the closeness to the lounge and elevator.

The room was completely renovated top to bottom. I liked the mint amenties.

Super comfortable bed.  Good lighting and bright in the day. Good strong shower.

Definitely the Chicago 'burbs, but easy to get to from the highways and the drive from O'Hare was only about 20 or so minutes. Plently of restaurants and shopping nearby. With traffic light, I got to down in less than a half hour. Be aware there are many toll roads.  It might be cheaper to get the toll pass on a daily rate if renting a car versus the cash lanes,

Overall

Despite it being a large convention hotel, it is neither dreary nor impersonal.  The public areas are quite large and decorated  with some imagination. Definitely not a cookie cutter design. If have occassion to stay out in the nearby area, I would not hesitate to stay again.   I wished I had more time to explore the rest of the hotel, but what I saw led me to believe the rest would be up to snuff. Sorry for no picutres, but the website is pretty accurate

Service

I found the service uniformly friendly and efficient.  Not fake friendly, but genuine.  When you see someone with Navigator, that means they have a lot of local knowledge of the area. The front desk lady gave me a recommendation for a local steak house and was not disappointed.

Dining

As I was only there one night, I only had breakfast in the Lounge and lunch at our event.  For a group lunch, it was above average and I heard similar comments.  The lounge breakfast was above average for a typical Marriot brand.

Amenities

I selected the Premium Internet Option and found it worked fine, but the speed was not as fast as I have seen in other Marriots.  During our meeting Internet speed was fine with little latency.

Would you like to write a review on the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center Hotel?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Mar 29, 2017, 8:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the review. Much appreciated.

Cheers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.