Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott point to spouse airline account

Old Mar 20, 2017, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

hi. Has anyone been able to successfully use the flight and night package for spouse's airline account? Namely southwest?

I realize this this can also be done by transferring my spg points to spouse and then moving that over to her Marriott account then to flight and night package using her own southwest account. But trying to take advantage of the companion pass deal until march 31 and we're cutting it close.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 7:38 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Originally Posted by shingu79
hi. Has anyone been able to successfully use the flight and night package for spouse's airline account? Namely southwest?

I realize this this can also be done by transferring my spg points to spouse and then moving that over to her Marriott account then to flight and night package using her own southwest account. But trying to take advantage of the companion pass deal until march 31 and we're cutting it close.
No. I was explicitly asked if the names match between my accounts and told that the transfer would be rejected if they did not. I think you may still have enough time - get the SPG transfer going!
Old Mar 21, 2017, 8:07 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
It may be more work than you want to deal with, but you should be able to "transfer" the points to your wife's account at the time you order the TP award. Marriott will allow one to transfer more than 50K points if you are ordering an award. The caveats for this though are that they will only pull the needed points for the award (to the nearest 1K increment.) And you will need to fill out a form and email/fax it to them with both your signatures. You will also need to call in to MR to get this done. It can't be done online.

But the times I have done this, I was able to get it done at one sitting. So you could possibly have the award ordered today
Old Mar 21, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by shingu79

I recently did both of these. The SPG transfer to spouse took about two days. The transfer between my own SPG and Marriott accounts was instant.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 12:50 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
The transfer between my own SPG and Marriott accounts was instant.
That's one thing that's impressed me about the much maligned "Marriott IT Department" they really have nailed the points transfer aspect of the integration of the two programmes

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.