Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Five Star

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2017, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Titanium Lifetime/UA/JetBlue
Platinum Five Star

Just been looking at some reviews on the Marriott Website.

When go into the review part of the Hotel Websites you can sort reviews by Elite Status, I just noticed that there are two new sections, reviews by Platinum Premier (which I know about but it wasn't listed separately before) , and Platinum Five Star which I have never heard of?

Is this a new secret enhanced Elite level?

Have I missed something?
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Saw this on Marriott Insiders: "Plat 5 star status is only for a very, very few people out there. It is basically someone who either lives at a high end Marriott property, a person on the Board of Directors of Marriott or some other influential person (like Mitt Romney). It appears the designation is given by Mr. Marriott personally. "

Cheers.
boss315 likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Titanium Lifetime/UA/JetBlue
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Saw this on Marriott Insiders: "Plat 5 star status is only for a very, very few people out there. It is basically someone who either lives at a high end Marriott property, a person on the Board of Directors of Marriott or some other influential person (like Mitt Romney). It appears the designation is given by Mr. Marriott personally. "

Cheers.
Thank you Sharon,
no chance I will ever get one then..... would be interesting to hear from anyone that may have one.
boss315 likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by markzz2
..... would be interesting to hear from anyone that may have one.
I would hazard a guess that someone who gets P5S status isn't registered on FT

Cheers.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
I'm working on it. Only 5 stars short.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I would hazard a guess that someone who gets P5S status isn't registered on FT

Cheers.
I'll take that bet! You never know who is floating around here.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 9:09 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
What the heck is a Platinum 5 Star???

We talk about Platinums and Platinum Premier but there is another Platinum designation that seems to be very very rare. It's the Platinum 5 Star. I heard although I can't confirm, that it is invitation only by Mr. Marriott and you have to be an owner of a Marriott hotel. Anyone know what the criteria is for this and what benefits this status gets the person?
Old Feb 10, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by mikebor
Anyone know what the criteria is for this
It sounds like you already have the criteria:
Originally Posted by mikebor
you have to be an owner of a Marriott hotel.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 9:55 am

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...five-star.html
Old Feb 10, 2018, 10:13 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Good news. They have the same benefits as a Platinum Premier

I don't believe an owner gets this. They need to be a FOB -- Friend of Bill.

I'd suspect the reservations system flags 5 Stars and that they have more than an Ambassador to make sure they get suites, etc.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Good news. They have the same benefits as a Platinum Premier

I don't believe an owner gets this. They need to be a FOB -- Friend of Bill.

I'd suspect the reservations system flags 5 Stars and that they have more than an Ambassador to make sure they get suites, etc.
Note that not all PPs have Ambassadors even though some who aren't even Plat do have Ambassadors: the infamous Marriott consistency at work.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 10:01 am

Let Google be your friend.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Note that not all PPs have Ambassadors even though some who aren't even Plat do have Ambassadors: the infamous Marriott consistency at work.
I lost PP two years ago, but still have my Ambassador. I was one of the Marriott charter members and am Lifetime Platinum, so i hope i am getting grandfathered in. I use my Ambassador quite a bit. A few times a month. I love the program.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by Ryno1234
I lost PP two years ago, but still have my Ambassador. I was one of the Marriott charter members and am Lifetime Platinum, so i hope i am getting grandfathered in. I use my Ambassador quite a bit. A few times a month. I love the program.
I'm also a charter member and still PP. Always curious what people use their ambassador for.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I'm also a charter member and still PP. Always curious what people use their ambassador for.
My ambassador is named Sheryl. She is amazing. I use her mostly for upgrade requests: i will shoot her a quick email asking for my specifics about an upcoming reservation and she triages the request for me. Her success rate is about 75%, which is way more than mine was on my own. I have also let her know if there are any special occasions(birthdays or anniversaries) on an upcoming trip and she always works with the hotel to impress.

I have also used her for adding my marriott number to a reservation made by my corporate meetings team. This just saves me from having to try and contact the hotel myself. She also helped me get my wife's last name changed on her marriott account when we got married. She did all of the work for me.

Speaking of the wife: we got married over labor day of last year and Sheryl was AMAZING at helping us set up multiple reservations for various guests, special requests etc.

On the occasion that I email Sheryl directly and she is out, another ambassador immediately responds and handles whatever the request is with just as much ease. They are all great.

I really value the program.
C17PSGR likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.