Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Five Star

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2018, 12:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Reno737
I asked the front desk clerk about my profile because I wanted to see if there was a correlation between "Ambassador Status through 2050" and what was in my profile.
As it turns out there was. 5 star is one level below Cobalt according to the front desk. I didn't ask because I needed anyone to kowtow to me. I had already had been given an upgrade to a suite, early check in, and late checkout, confirmed via the app 4 hours earlier. Maybe there really is a Lifetime Ambassador Status.
What is Cobalt status?
Old Sep 9, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Interesting, mine is PFS (lifetime Gold, in year Plat Ambassador).
same here!
Old Sep 9, 2018, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Interesting, mine is PFS (lifetime Gold, in year Plat Ambassador).
hhhmmm...wonder if they repurposed plat. 5 star into the new ambassador status codes for systems / migrations sake?
Old Sep 9, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by swintec
hhhmmm...wonder if they repurposed plat. 5 star into the new ambassador status codes for systems / migrations sake?
This, IMO.

My FD manager at my hotel of choice also told me after the merger that I was 5 star in their system (and I'm LTPP+A). I will say however that I've been upgraded to one of the few suites they have twice since the merger (with no SNA's pulled). The latest is on my current 10 day stay.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by txpenny
This, IMO.

My FD manager at my hotel of choice also told me after the merger that I was 5 star in their system (and I'm LTPP+A). I will say however that I've been upgraded to one of the few suites they have twice since the merger (with no SNA's pulled). The latest is on my current 10 day stay.
Looks more likely, especially considering some saw the 5 Star Status during the migration weekend. Probably showed up before they had a chance to swap image files around and what not.

So...wonder if there is some new super secret status out there at this point.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What is Cobalt status?
Invitation only level for Ritz Carlton, includes Club lounge access at Ritz Carlton's along with other exclusive benefits.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...embership.html
Old Sep 9, 2018, 7:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I suspect the three letter codes you are seeing are just related to the website graphics

Marsha shows two letter codes .. P6 for Plat, X4 for PPE, and X5 for 5 star. These are the first two letters in the string of info regarding the guest (including things like king bed preference) etc. Ambassador is M0 but has been at the end of the line and I've only had one hotel catch it in the past two years.

I haven't had anyone show me the screen since August 18 but doubt they switched to three digits. Curious whether they have moved the M0 code to the beginning of the line.
KRSW likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I suspect the three letter codes you are seeing are just related to the website graphics

Marsha shows two letter codes .. P6 for Plat, X4 for PPE, and X5 for 5 star. These are the first two letters in the string of info regarding the guest (including things like king bed preference) etc. Ambassador is M0 but has been at the end of the line and I've only had one hotel catch it in the past two years.

I haven't had anyone show me the screen since August 18 but doubt they switched to three digits. Curious whether they have moved the M0 code to the beginning of the line.
While I didn't get a chance to see the screen tonight, the FDC checking me in did say that his system showed my status as "PFS".

-mvitale
Old Sep 10, 2018, 2:41 am

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
A friend of mine used to be Plat Premier in the old legacy Marriott system. His status in the new system is Plat Prem as well and his code is "PPC".

Another friend made it to Plat the long way by staying 75+ nights under the old legacy system and he is also "PPC" in the new system.

Last edited by flo_147; Sep 10, 2018 at 2:58 am
Old Sep 10, 2018, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by flo_147
A friend of mine used to be Plat Premier in the old legacy Marriott system. His status in the new system is Plat Prem as well and his code is "PPC".

Another friend made it to Plat the long way by staying 75+ nights under the old legacy system and he is also "PPC" in the new system.
PPC to the front desk system or PPC on the website as outlined above?
Old Sep 10, 2018, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by swintec
PPC to the front desk system or PPC on the website as outlined above?
from the website
Old Sep 10, 2018, 2:33 pm

Isn't 5-star a Hertz thing? Marriott Platinum with Hertz 5 star?
Old Aug 19, 2019, 12:41 am

Platinum segmentation

Just wondering if someone knows what M1, X1, X3 and P6 means. I saw in a hotel restaurant where I am staying that they classify Platinum guests with these codes...
Old Aug 19, 2019, 2:25 am

Discussed here:

What is a P6?
Old Aug 19, 2019, 3:38 pm

Here's a few more for you guys from a somewhat outdated, pre-Bonbon list, but I'm sure they're still in use:
Y1 - Marriott Rewards Member
M1 - Silver (10-49 nights/year or 1 Meeting/year)
X1 - Gold (50/74 nights/year or 5 Meetings/year)
P6 - Platinum (75+ nights/year or 8 Meetings/year)
X4 - Platinum Premier
X5 - Platinum 5 Star

I like this part on the sheet:
Q: If a company is paying for all expenses and the guest is upset,
how else can you delight him?
A: Give him points.
bhrubin and zzap like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.