Wiki Posts
Search

Free night Marriott cc

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2017, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Free night Marriott cc

I have a free night from my Marriott cc
Annual dues just posted and thinking of cancelling card since I don't stay st Marriott s as much now
If I cancel card will I lose the free night?
Old Mar 4, 2017, 8:09 pm

No, Chase won't claw-back the cert.

Ask if there are any retention offers, which might make the card worth keeping for another year.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Anyone have the regular Marriott card and get offers to upgrade to the Premier that earns the free night in exchange for $50 more in annual fee? Do you get the cert now or at anniversary one year from now? Marketing unclear and I hate to leave it up to a phone rep's answer.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by joshua362
Anyone have the regular Marriott card and get offers to upgrade to the Premier that earns the free night in exchange for $50 more in annual fee? Do you get the cert now or at anniversary one year from now? Marketing unclear and I hate to leave it up to a phone rep's answer.
I had no idea there was a regular and a premier - more info please? We have the black one that give the free 1-5 annual night, 5x Marriott charges, 2x restaurants, airlines and car rental - which card do we have?
Old Mar 5, 2017, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I had no idea there was a regular and a premier - more info please? We have the black one that give the free 1-5 annual night, 5x Marriott charges, 2x restaurants, airlines and car rental - which card do we have?
That's the premier, I have that too personally. There is a business version that was only $45 AF but no cert (which I found out afterwards, shame on me). Now they are asking if I want to upgrade to all the frills for more AF.

FREE NIGHT STAYS
Bonus Free Night Stay every year after account
anniversary at any of over 3,200 category 1-5 hotels1

POINTS EARNED
5 points per $1 spent at participating Marriott Rewards® and SPG® hotels2, 2 points per $1 spent at office supply stores and for internet, cable and phone service purchases PLUS at restaurants, car rental agencies and
airlines2

3 points per $1 spent at participating Marriott Rewards® and SPG® hotels

1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases1

ELITE CREDITS
15 Credits toward Elite status annually. Guaranteed instant Silver Elite status3

10 Nights Credit toward Elite status annually. Guaranteed instant Silver Elite status

NO FOREIGN
TRANSACTION FEES

PATH TO GOLD ELITE STATUS
Enjoy Marriott Rewards Gold Elite benefits when you spend $50,000 on purchases each account year - exclusively for business owners4

VISA SAVINGSEDGE BUSINESS DISCOUNTS
Enroll once and automatically receive discounts on gas, dining, travel and other business purchases

ACCESS TO PREMIER EVENTS

ANNUAL FEE
$99
no fee for Employee cards5
$45
Old Mar 5, 2017, 3:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by joshua362
That's the premier, I have that too personally. There is a business version that was only $45 AF but no cert (which I found out afterwards, shame on me). Now they are asking if I want to upgrade to all the frills for more AF.

FREE NIGHT STAYS
Bonus Free Night Stay every year after account
anniversary at any of over 3,200 category 1-5 hotels1

POINTS EARNED
5 points per $1 spent at participating Marriott Rewards® and SPG® hotels2, 2 points per $1 spent at office supply stores and for internet, cable and phone service purchases PLUS at restaurants, car rental agencies and
airlines2

3 points per $1 spent at participating Marriott Rewards® and SPG® hotels

1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases1

ELITE CREDITS
15 Credits toward Elite status annually. Guaranteed instant Silver Elite status3

10 Nights Credit toward Elite status annually. Guaranteed instant Silver Elite status

NO FOREIGN
TRANSACTION FEES

PATH TO GOLD ELITE STATUS
Enjoy Marriott Rewards Gold Elite benefits when you spend $50,000 on purchases each account year - exclusively for business owners4

VISA SAVINGSEDGE BUSINESS DISCOUNTS
Enroll once and automatically receive discounts on gas, dining, travel and other business purchases

ACCESS TO PREMIER EVENTS

ANNUAL FEE
$99
no fee for Employee cards5
$45
You should read the threads on using the 1-5 certificates. Some of us love them, get great use out of them, some hate them, say they can't find "anything" to use them on - YMMV, and to me it's really the best part of having the card.

What x-times points do you get on the regular (now I see business) card? Do you stay at Marriotts a lot?
Old Mar 5, 2017, 3:24 pm

Thanks, I'm LTP so don't need the nights or any other perks really.

I meant to cancel and not pay the AF but forgot to so curious if the extra $55 for a cert NOW is possible.

Yes, I'm aware of the debate of the 1-5 and on the side that they are almost worthless especially here in the Northeast. I just used one in St Pete, FL in January and wager if I looked today, i bet it increased in Cat. And probably the RI in NJ in April too...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.