Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Reimagines Its Mobile App

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Reimagines Its Mobile App

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2017, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Tried the latest version of the new app... got the same error as others about not being able to retrieve reservations so only some show up.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by rylan
Tried the latest version of the new app... got the same error as others about not being able to retrieve reservations so only some show up.
After updating the new app, I'm now showing a reservation for last night at a FFI I never made with a confirmation number. Had to call the hotel this morning to verify or not and no, they did not have a reservation on file.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by rylan
As a data point I'm on the latest version of the app for iPhone and all of my reservations are (finally) appearing correctly. Prior to this latest version drop it only showed 3 out of 7 reservations.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 8:46 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
I got all excited to try out the new Marriott app today when a new red badge appeared. Time to mobile check in.

Opened up the new app, the stylized M began pulsing, and there it was: "Hello. Let's get you checked in..." to the Residence Inn.

Except I am staying at Marquis. D'Oh!
Old Feb 16, 2017, 5:02 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Tanic
Opened up the new app, the stylized M began pulsing, and there it was: "Hello. Let's get you checked in..." to the Residence Inn.

Except I am staying at Marquis. D'Oh!
LOL By Marriott IT standards, working as designed.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 4:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Does the app show lifetime points?

Last edited by jimdarcy; Feb 17, 2017 at 7:43 am
Old Feb 17, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by jimdarcy
Does the app show lifetime points?
Not that I can see. It shows lifetime nights only.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 11:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Mine shows LT nights and my upcoming reservation. Not close enough to a check-in to see if the app actually works.

I've had good luck with the Hilton app so far this year. Enjoy the ability to use digital key and just go directly to the room. My only complaint with Hilton is that I can't ever select upgraded room types, even though I'm Diamond. So on a regular business trip where I don't care, it's fine. But on a trip with family where I might care, their OLCI doesn't help me.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Online check in

When you check in via the app the day before your reservation and choose a check in time does a hotel room get assigned at that time or does the actual room get assigned when you go to the desk and get room key, etc

thanks
Old Feb 23, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
When you check in via the app the day before your reservation and choose a check in time does a hotel room get assigned at that time or does the actual room get assigned when you go to the desk and get room key, etc

thanks
I believe the front desk works the room assignments early in the day. This is true both for OLCI and "regular" check-in. If you've done OLCI, they actually code the key ahead of time and it's in a little box waiting for you when you arrive. You get an alert when they have made your room available.

Any large hotel with a queue for regular check-in *should* have the little box and an FDC over in a separate queue. Key pick-up should then take just a few seconds...show ID and off you go.

It'll be great when they have a real digital key. I still like to have a "real" key, but the digital key lets me skip the lobby entirely if it's busy. I get the real key later when no one else is waiting at the front desk. I've been using this at Hilton and I love it. Skipped a 6-7 person queue just last week.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by pinniped
I believe the front desk works the room assignments early in the day. This is true both for OLCI and "regular" check-in. If you've done OLCI, they actually code the key ahead of time and it's in a little box waiting for you when you arrive. You get an alert when they have made your room available.

Any large hotel with a queue for regular check-in *should* have the little box and an FDC over in a separate queue. Key pick-up should then take just a few seconds...show ID and off you go.

It'll be great when they have a real digital key. I still like to have a "real" key, but the digital key lets me skip the lobby entirely if it's busy. I get the real key later when no one else is waiting at the front desk. I've been using this at Hilton and I love it. Skipped a 6-7 person queue just last week.
thanks for the reply. So your thought is a human makes the decision to upgrade a customer rather than a computer that sees status and upgrades then assigns a room?
Old Feb 24, 2017, 9:08 am

thanks for the reply. So your thought is a human makes the decision to upgrade a customer rather than a computer that sees status and upgrades then assigns a room?
I don't work in the industry, so I let those that do respond.

My experience with OLCI in general has been, unfortunately, no upgrades, either as a Marriott Platinum or Gold or a Hilton Diamond. But Marriott has always been an extremely rare upgrade and Hilton hasn't upgraded elites as a general practice in many years, so I don't think that's OLCIs fault.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 6:55 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I think they've done a good job on this. It's flashy but not in the annoying way where style takes precedence over substance, it's user friendly and it's not too barebones in a way where I long for my laptop. I do wish though that when I pulled up a reservation I could go to the hotel page through my reservation page.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CMK10
I think they've done a good job on this. It's flashy but not in the annoying way where style takes precedence over substance, it's user friendly and it's not too barebones in a way where I long for my laptop. I do wish though that when I pulled up a reservation I could go to the hotel page through my reservation page.
Keep in mind that app redesigns usually do focus on design initially with the intention of adding all the remaining features later. It does the basic stuff for now, but give it a few iterations.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 11:00 pm

Marriott App And the Hertz app

The worst ever. I have been calling the reservations center to make reservations for Marriott. I have 600,000 points so I really need to stay with Marriott. But I'm dumping Hertz.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.