Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marquis Marriott Chicago [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marquis Marriott Chicago [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:25 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Curbed Chicago has a new article with a bunch of images:
A walk through McCormick Place’s brand new Marriott Marquis hotel
The brand new hotel has delivered 1,205 new rooms to North America’s largest convention center
BY JAY KOZIARZ SEP 28, 2017, 2:07PM CDT
Old Nov 21, 2017, 9:01 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Photo # 8 is the exec lounge. If you look at these 2 photos (which are just computer-generated), it isn't a given that there's a regular desk. The second picture makes it look like there's a desk, but we won't really know until someone actually stays at the property.

Are these computer generated? If so, they sure look realistic.

I've never seen such a crisp duvet. Interesting to see only two pillows.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 9:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Has anyone stayed here?
Old Nov 21, 2017, 9:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Horace
Curbed Chicago has a new article with a bunch of images:
A walk through McCormick Place’s brand new Marriott Marquis hotel
The brand new hotel has delivered 1,205 new rooms to North America’s largest convention center
BY JAY KOZIARZ SEP 28, 2017, 2:07PM CDT
The rooms are nice in these photographs, but there are no telephones or clocks/radios in any of the pictures.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 11:07 am

Still showing opening this month. Cat 8.

Says this for the M Lounge:

This room features M Club Lounge lounge access
Open: Sun-Sat, Open: Mon-Thur 0630-2200 / Fri 0630-1200 / Sat-Sun 1700-2200

I'm guessing it's a bit off, since it doesn't mention breakfast on the weekends & it looks like it closes for food Friday morning, which implies closed for the weekend. Will call the property once it opens, unless someone stays there first & reports back.
They might be available 24/7 for snacks, soft drinks, but full breakfast & evening offerings vary. Some M Lounges are open for both brekkie/evening apps daily; others are brekkie daily but no evening apps on Fri-Sat nights; and some offer brekkie in the restaurant on Sat-Sun but no evening apps Fri-Sat.

Cheers.

I'm gold and will be staying here for a business trip next month. Are there any updates regarding the Exec Lounge being open on the weekends...anyone with a recent weekend experience can confirm offerings?

Last edited by mrstraveler; Feb 16, 2018 at 11:17 am
Old Mar 5, 2018, 4:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Pretty close - looks like they're across the street from each other give or take/not that far apart. If you google it brings up an image/shows them both.
Looks like this hotel is a bit further from McCormick East than the Hyatt? I skimmed Yelp review and someone said it was quite a walk despite being inside. I've never been to a conference at McCormick, so I don't know the layout, but that's the objective of my travels in a few months. Trying to decide between this new Marriott Marquis (with lounge access) and the Hyatt (with no discernible benefits for Explorists)
Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by mrstraveler
I'm gold and will be staying here for a business trip next month. Are there any updates regarding the Exec Lounge being open on the weekends...anyone with a recent weekend experience can confirm offerings?
Please report back on the weekend breakfast situation & if the lounge is open for evening appetizers on the weekend. Thx.

Cheers.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 6:07 pm

Please report back on the weekend breakfast situation & if the lounge is open for evening appetizers on the weekend. Thx.

Cheers.

Just got back, the M Lounge is beautiful and both the service and food were excellent! Hot breakfast was daily until 9am. The hot appetizers are served Sunday - Thursday 5:30-9:30pm, cash bar but NON-alcoholic drinks are complimentary. "Sweet treats" are served late evenings and I believe the lounge is accessible 24/7.

Last edited by mrstraveler; Mar 14, 2018 at 3:22 pm Reason: correction for the wise a**
Old Mar 13, 2018, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by ralphs
Looks like this hotel is a bit further from McCormick East than the Hyatt? I skimmed Yelp review and someone said it was quite a walk despite being inside. I've never been to a conference at McCormick, so I don't know the layout, but that's the objective of my travels in a few months. Trying to decide between this new Marriott Marquis (with lounge access) and the Hyatt (with no discernible benefits for Explorists)

Definitely go with the Marquis if you are gold or platinum. While the Hyatt is much closer to McCormick, the Marquis is not that far off. I has just there for a business trip and was able to use the covered gateway bridges to walk to/from Marquis and McCormick Place.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 7:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mrstraveler
cash bar but alcoholic drinks are complimentary.
How are they complimentary if there is a cash bar?
joshua362 likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 10:40 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I think they meant non-alcoholic I am here now and agree, it's very nice and got upgraded to an Executive Suite. Only complaint is that the suites don't have tubs, only showers it seems so an empty looking bathroom.

M Lounge appetizers and breakfast are excellent and it's huge with great furniture.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 4:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mikeyyz
I think they meant non-alcoholic I am here now and agree, it's very nice and got upgraded to an Executive Suite. Only complaint is that the suites don't have tubs, only showers it seems so an empty looking bathroom.

M Lounge appetizers and breakfast are excellent and it's huge with great furniture.
Take some pictures of the M Club fayre.

As for the no tubs, I don't think any of the new or renovated Marriott properties have tubs.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Its a nice hotel... as mentioned the M Lounge is large, good breakfast and has snacks and desert put out along with a small bar.
Coffee machines are available as well to the water/soda/juice.

I saw it get crowded at breakfast and in the evening, I think mainly due to the large number of rooms the hotel has. I can see the lounge being a zoo during big conventions.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, Bonvoy Titanium Elite Lifer, Hertz Prez
Just finishing up a stay here. Overall it's a nice hotel. Gets extremely busy when they have large conferences as they do have a lot of rooms. Connected by walkways to the convention center, Wintrust Arena and Hyatt (via the convention center). The place just feels like it's missing something though. Room designs are more modern contemporary but also more on the spartan side like a Courtyard - no closet door, no tubs, smallish work area although you can work from the sofa with a small moveable table. One of my colleagues did not have a phone in his room. Rooms are decent sized though. Sofa does make it a bit hard to open and close the curtains. Equipped with a coffee maker, nice TV and outlets with USB chargers in the right places though.
The M Lounge (for Plat & up) is spacious and very nice but in typical cheapo Marriott fashion, $10 for a darn beer (i'm a Starwood guy and used to the free drinks at many SPG properties). Happy hour snacks are alright but lounge is closed on Friday/Saturday except open for breakfast every day until 9am. Breakfast is ok but it's pretty much the same thing every day.
Staff was fine although the last day here, they did not bother to clean the room. I also got an upgrade notice on my Marriott app a couple hours after I checked in but when I called, they said I already had a nice room with a lake view...
Old Apr 27, 2019, 8:18 am

M club hours

Breakfast daily 6:30-9:30
snacks 24x7
evening food Sunday-Thursday 5:30-7:30

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.