Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Irvine Spectrum, CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/fact-...vine-spectrum/

Opening October 17. Has exec lounge. No category yet. Not a lot of info on the website, but did think the pet policy was amusing.

Property Details
15 floors , 221 rooms , 50 suites

Pet Policy
Maximum 2 pets per room
Non-refundable fee: 75 USD
We welcome all well mannered dogs, cats, birds, & fish at a non-refundable fee.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
I'm going to guess it will be at least a category 7 for award nights. The Doubletree nearby often sells out during the middle of the week and has rooms around $299-329 for best public rate for a Hilton HHonors member without using corporate codes. 50 suites out of 221 rooms is a lot for a Marriott property.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:50 am
Original Poster

When I clicked under guest room details (which is a bit different than room details, which is not yet on the site), it mentioned a full kitchen/something like that, which I thought was in the suites, so a bit confused. Will be interesting as the opening date gets closer/we get more details.

Cheers.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:54 am

I work right next to this property. Most likely it's going to be higher end, as said above. Irvine Company just built a brand new 22 story building, and they are completing a second brand new building next to it right now as well.

Within a 1/2 mile distance, you have the Irvine Spectrum center, local headquarters for Taco Bell, Yardhouse, Amazon, Blizzard, etc., and 100s of other businesses. Irvine Company is rebuilding everything up in the immediate area, and living/working costs are skyrocketing. Our office has been here for 9 years, and we are not renewing our lease here. It's a bit out of control.

So, all that is a long way to say that it's reasonable to expect them to match or exceed the DoubleTree rates. Most likely the DoubleTree rates will be going up too once construction is completed in the area within the next year or so.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:58 am
Original Poster

There's an AC Irvine opening soon (see the separate thread I started; it's a Cat 5), so will be interesting to see what its rates are compared to the full-service.

Cheers.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
The kitchen description sounds like something a Residence Inn would have. Unless they are planning a new type of FS property, I would be surprised to see such a kitchen in the suites.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VA1379
The kitchen description sounds like something a Residence Inn would have. Unless they are planning a new type of FS property, I would be surprised to see such a kitchen in the suites.
Yeah, I thought it was weird too. Maybe they pulled info from a different site to populate. Once the load more info onto the website we'll have a better handle on it.

Cheers.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah, they finally renamed it. This was the hotel they were originally goofily calling the Marriott Santa Ana, wasn't it?
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Now showing Cat 6. Has M Lounge.

"Located in the heart of Irvine near major employers, UC Irvine and popular attractions, our new hotel is easily accessible from the Orange County Airport, the Metrolink train station, I-405 and I-5. Marriott Irvine Spectrum is waiting to welcome you home."
Old Apr 19, 2017, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Valet parking, $30? (That's what it now says on the website.) Is that it, no self-parking? Yuck!

None of the midscale properties in the Irvine Spectrum Area charge for parking. (Obviously, they're not in the exact same location, but that's a big jump between $0 and $30 for a mile or so away in this sprawling area.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Now opening in December.

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/08/25...n-in-december/

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Aug 28, 2017 at 10:48 am
Old Dec 22, 2017, 8:43 am

It's open! Got a reservation for Thursday. So excited to check out this new OC Property
Old Dec 23, 2017, 2:10 pm

So it used to be Courtyard turned into Marriott - interesting. Would definitely like to read reviews about it. I lived 3 min from there few years back.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by johndoes
So it used to be Courtyard turned into Marriott - interesting. Would definitely like to read reviews about it. I lived 3 min from there few years back.
Nope...it's brand new...watched it being built
Old Dec 26, 2017, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ORIGINAL POST DELETED, since it was based on me being confused by Courtyard Irvine Spectrum vs Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum (it's the latter I have a reservation with, and it's not next door to the new FS Marriott like the former is).

Last edited by sdsearch; Jan 1, 2018 at 7:44 pm Reason: confused by two similarly-named hotels

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.