Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Delta Hotels Richmond Downtown. VA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...mond-downtown/

Category 6. Opening June 2017. Has exec lounge.

"Experience the NEW Delta Richmond Downtown! Our hotel features rooms with beautiful views of the James River, spacious indoor pool, 24/7 fitness center, fast free Wi-Fi, microwave & fridge, in-room safe, onsite parking & complimentary downtown shuttle.

We are located near many of the city’s top businesses, such as Federal Reserve Bank, CoStar, SunTrust, UPS, VA Biotech Park, Dominion Power & VA Commonwealth University.

Our hotel is just minutes away from the VA State Capitol, Coliseum and Richmond Convention Center. And just outside our doors is Brown’s Island, host to many festivals and where you can embark on the best urban whitewater rafting & mountain biking in America! Delta Richmond Downtown is also within walking distance of American Civil War Center, Altria Theatre, Dominion Arts Center & The National."

Parking
On-site parking, fee: 5 USD hourly, 15 USD daily
Valet parking, fee: 20 USD daily
Electric car charging stations : 1 , Complimentary

Property Details
16 floors , 283 rooms , 15 suites
Old Jan 16, 2017, 12:38 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Reflagging of the Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown.

So although it's "NEW Delta," it's not really a new hotel.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Now opening July 2017.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Changes to Delta end of this week (so end of July). Website says exec lounge is open 24/7 so sounds like an M Lounge?

Cheers.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, , Delta 2MM & DM UA Gold
Does this count for a different hotel in the Mega Bonus?
Old Jul 22, 2017, 12:50 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Wow! I stayed there a few times over the years when it was a CP. 25K IHG points per night vs. 30K Marriott.
Free parking is available one block up the street all night, but with a 2-hour limit from 8 AM--6 PM. So you can park free from 4:01 PM until 10 AM the next day !
Old Jul 23, 2017, 6:26 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by Brendan
Wow! I stayed there a few times over the years when it was a CP. 25K IHG points per night vs. 30K Marriott!
That is a wow, IHG points are so much easier to earn than Marriott's, I certainly would choose to redeem at the CP at 25kIHG rather than a Delta at 25kMR, never mind 30k! This is similar to the situation in DC, where all the Marriott options are 40kMR, yet the Hamilton Crowne Plaza is 35kIHG, making the CP a no-brainier choice...
Old Jul 23, 2017, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Well if you (generic you) want to stay while it's a CP, you've got 7 days to do so Otherwise, look forward to the trip reports after the re-branding. And if someone is there on a weekend, please report back so I can update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 7:31 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Yeah, SkiAdcock, I think I've missed that boat!
Old Jul 23, 2017, 7:39 am

Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown is available on Marriott.com for nights beginning July 27, 2017.

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Changes to Delta end of this week (so end of July). Website says exec lounge is open 24/7 so sounds like an M Lounge?

Cheers.
An "M Club Lounge" is specifically a feature of the Marriott Hotels brand, not of other Marriott full-service brands -- although Delta Hotels is a brand with flexible standards, so a Delta Hotels property could conceivably invest in something similar. An "M Club Lounge" space is much larger than a traditional concierge level lounge and is typically on the lobby level; access is free for Gold and Platinum, but can be purchased by any guest of the hotel.

Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown had a "Club Floor" with a "Club Floor Lounge."

Delta Hotels Richmond Downtown has a "Concierge Level" with a "Concierge Lounge."

It seems to be the same lounge.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 7:44 am
Original Poster

I mentioned M Lounge only because of the 24/7 access, which is different than most US lounges. BTW - not all M Lounges are on the ground floor, although most in the US seem to be.

I look forward to the first trip report & also an update on exec lounge status/procedure on weekends.

Cheers.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I mentioned M Lounge only because of the 24/7 access, which is different than most US lounges. BTW - not all M Lounges are on the ground floor, although most in the US seem to be.
I wrote "typically on the lobby level" to indicate that an M Club Lounge is usually, but not always, on the same floor as registration. An M Club Lounge can also be on a restaurant level, a mezzanine, or another floor (usually a low floor) -- but a defining feature of an M Club Lounge is that it's not associated directly with a concierge floor (and that the whole concept of a specific concierge floor is becoming obsolete for Marriott Hotels).

Not all M Club Lounges are open 24 hours. For example, the M Club Lounge at the San Francisco Marriott Marquis is open from 6:30 a.m. to 2:00 a.m. (and is located on the 2nd floor): http://www.sfmarquis.com/in-hotel-dining/
Old Jul 23, 2017, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Well now that we've beat the CP & M Lounge horses to death , I look forward to the first trip report on the property after it changes over to Delta.

Cheers.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Come to think of it, the time I stayed on Priority Club points, it was 5K per night on a PointsBreak! Revenue rates run in the mid-$100's a night, so I would not waste 25K IHG nor 30K MR.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Brendan
Come to think of it, the time I stayed on Priority Club points, it was 5K per night on a PointsBreak! Revenue rates run in the mid-$100's a night, so I would not waste 25K IHG nor 30K MR.
Thanks for the memories (all of you), but for crikey's sake, could we please for the love of heaven get back to an actual trip report once it opens? I (and others) could give two patooties about the IHG redemption since - oh yeah, it's not going to be a CP. Geesh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.