Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Fenway Hotel, Autograph Collection - Dunedin, FL [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2017, 12:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Hotel website:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ph-collection/

Opening September 2017.

"Opened in 1927, Fenway Hotel is an icon of the jazz age. Throughout its time as an operating hotel, it has hosted explorers, artists, politicians, musicians and more. Its walls echo with reminders of its musical legacy, as it earned a place in history by serving as the county’s first radio station. It’s by bringing these elements together that we create the new vision for Fenway Hotel and a destination unlike any other. Touches of the past come together in a modern setting. 83 Guest Rooms & Suites, HEW Parlor & Chophouse, Hi-Fi Rooftop Bar overlooking Honeymoon & Caladesi Islands, combined indoor & outdoor event space for up to 300 people, resort-style pool & bar, expansive front lawn for croquet, badminton & bocce."

"Explore Delightful Dunedin, one of Florida's most walkable towns! Take a break from it all: relax on the serene beaches of Caladesi Island. Ranked one of the top 10 US beaches. Complimentary wireless internet throughout the hotel for all of our guests!"

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Sep 12, 2018 at 7:58 pm
Old Apr 18, 2017, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Now opening December 2017.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Now opening April 2018.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Now opening Oct '18. Cat 5.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 4:14 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Parties at Fenway(s) in October!
Old May 31, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
FYI, the Fenway did open last November. I stayed in December but don't remember taking any photos. Highlights are Dunedin itself (cool town; 7 breweries & a distillery); Live music (first night was jazz, second was blues); terrific rooftop bar; (the view of honeymoon island at sunset is worth the stay).

I'll get back and take some pics next time I'm over toward Dunedin.
Old May 31, 2019, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Originally Posted by txpenny
FYI, the Fenway did open last November. I stayed in December but don't remember taking any photos. Highlights are Dunedin itself (cool town; 7 breweries & a distillery); Live music (first night was jazz, second was blues); terrific rooftop bar; (the view of honeymoon island at sunset is worth the stay).

I'll get back and take some pics next time I'm over toward Dunedin.
Agree on all points. I stayed here in Dec. and got a nice suit, breakfast coupons ( which is very good here), and free bikes to cruise the town.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by CNWO4LIFE
Agree on all points. I stayed here in Dec. and got a nice suit, breakfast coupons ( which is very good here), and free bikes to cruise the town.
Looking at staying here next month. What’s the pool like? No pictures on their website. Is there pool service? What does the breakfast coupon include?
Old Jun 13, 2019, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Originally Posted by mattw4239

Looking at staying here next month. What’s the pool like? No pictures on their website. Is there pool service? What does the breakfast coupon include?
Pool is small but nice. No pool service, and I think you could order anything off of the menu for breakfast. Make sure to hit the rooftop bar, really nice.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 11:09 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by mattw4239
Looking at staying here next month. What’s the pool like? No pictures on their website.
There's a picture of the swimming pool in this Tampa Bay Times article from when the hotel reopened. It's also an interesting article about the hotel's history and renovations:

https://www.tampabay.com/news/busine...otel_172962989

Looks good to me.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 2:28 pm

I was in Dunedin last weekend for a beer/brunch Father's day weekend. Here are some photos of the hotel.

Dining Room

Wine Cellar

Lobby Lounge

Stairs to the Speakeasy (permanently closed)

Live Entertainment

Porch

Sunset (seen from the rooftop bar)
Old Oct 24, 2019, 5:10 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
How are they with upgrades? Is it like pulling teeth trying to get them to upgrade? Or are they fairly reasonable?
Old Oct 25, 2019, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by 9volt
How are they with upgrades? Is it like pulling teeth trying to get them to upgrade? Or are they fairly reasonable?
They have a lot of suites comparatively. With status, you can probably leave your dental kit home.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.