Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Williamsburg Lodge, Autograph Collection, VA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
One nice advantage of the Lodge is that they have a person available that can take care of all ticketing for visits to the historical area. No need to go over to the Visitor Center.
Print Wikipost

Williamsburg Lodge, Autograph Collection, VA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2017, 11:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Question Williamsburg Lodge, Autograph Collection, VA [Master Thread]

Hotel website:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ph-collection/

Opening January 2017. Category 7.

"Located in the heart of Williamsburg, the Williamsburg Lodge puts southern hospitality, comfort and relaxation in the forefront. Decorative elements of classic American style give character and charm to this unique hotel, and signature southern hospitality from the staff is a hallmark of every guest’s experience. Room décor is inspired by the collections of the Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Folk Art Museum, the first in the country dedicated to the works of self-taught artists. Soft bedspreads bear the design of 18th-century coverlets, and hand-painted lamps and throw pillows give each guest room a touch of southern comfort.World-class dining options are available, with the lodge featuring two restaurants serving classic American cuisine with a contemporary southern and Chesapeake flair. The lodge is also located near the Spa of Colonial Williamsburg and the award-winning Robert Trent Jones Sr.– and Rees Jones–designed Golden Horseshoe golf courses."

Complimentary on-site parking
Valet parking, fee: 10 USD daily
Electric car charging stations : 2 , Complimentary

305 rooms , 18 suites

Pet Policy
Pets Welcome
Maximum 2 pets per room
Dogs only allowed with 50 USD Non refundable fee per dog per night
Old May 21, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Question Any recent experiences with Williamsburg Lodge, Autograph Collection

We will be spending a few days in Williamsburg in late June as part of our summer vacation. We have been before and typically spend a couple of days touring Colonial Williamsburg. So when The Williamsburg Lodge became an Autograph Collection hotel we were excited. It would be very convenient and make it easy to take a break in the afternoon for a swim.

So fast forward to today, I have been monitoring the reviews on tripadvisor and they are mixed at best. I put more faith in reviews from flyertalkers. So anyone stayed there recently? How was it? We don't mind older properties as long as the rooms are well maintained, are clean, and the beds are comfortable.

Experience with the onsite restaurant also appears to be very mixed. We would just be using it for the Platinum breakfast. I don't think the Williamsburg Lodge is classified as a resort but if it is then complimentary breakfast would be a moot point. So any feedback on the restaurant?

I have backup reservations booked at Manor Club (we have stayed there before) and at The Holiday Inn Historic Williamsburg Gateway. The Manor Club is probably the nicest property by far of the three but the least convenient. This trip we're looking for convenience as long as the hotel isn't horrible. For the Holiday Inn, I have a lot of IHG points to burn and it appears to be well rated and fairly convenient access to Colonial Williamsburg for an offsite property. Anyway, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon

Last edited by Jon Maiman; May 21, 2017 at 7:50 am
Old May 21, 2017, 7:53 am
Original Poster

The exec lounge sticky has this listed for the property (from a stay 10 days ago).

* Williamsburg / Williamsburg Lodge, Autograph Collection / No Lounge; Cont'l brekkie buffet in restaurant; $5 charge to upgrade to full buffet*; 05/10/17 update

* including option to order cooked-to-order eggs or omelets. Breakfast served starting at 7 am.

Cheers.
Old May 21, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Sharon,

Thanks. I should have checked the exec. lounge sticky about the restaurant. Still looking for general feedback from folks.

--Jon
Old Jun 15, 2017, 8:28 am

Bump. My potential stay is a little over a week away. I'd appreciate feedback on any recent experiences with the property. Room cleanliness and condition okay? How is the gold/platinum continental breakfast? Any other general feedback would also be appreciated. Reviews are still mixed on tripadvisor but I am leaning towards giving it a shot anyway. The convenience factor for Colonial Williamsburg is the primary reason. I do have a backup reservation at the Manor Club in a two bedroom unit. We have stayed there before and it is a great property; however, it is a bit out of the way for Colonial Williamsburg access.

--Jon
Old Jun 15, 2017, 6:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier Elite/ Hilton Silver
I stayed in April for a conference. Spend two nights. I had to ask for an upgrade and they looked at our me in the main building. They have a great band that plays there on Thursday nights. Food was good but through our conference. Did not ask for breakfast as it was provided. Good location to Colonial Williamsgburg. They so gave me a 4pm check out.
I was Marriott gold.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dswank
I had to ask for an upgrade and they looked at our me in the main building.
What does look at our me mean? Auto correct problem?

Cheers.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 6:21 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier Elite/ Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
What does look at our me mean? Auto correct problem?

Cheers.
my apologies...i had to ask for the upgrade, they looked and we're nice about jt, and they put me in the main building which is ideal due to location.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dswank
my apologies...i had to ask for the upgrade, they looked and we're nice about jt, and they put me in the main building which is ideal due to location.
Ah, thanks for the clarification.

Cheers.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 4MM; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Hi Jon,

Did you end up staying here? If so, what was your experience like? Thinking about staying here for a week over next summer.

Thanks,
--woodstock
Old Sep 12, 2017, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by JoeWoodstock
Hi Jon,

Did you end up staying here? If so, what was your experience like? Thinking about staying here for a week over next summer.

Thanks,
--woodstock
No we wound up staying at The MVCI Manor Club at Fords Colony property. The lure of a 2 bedroom timeshare over a standard hotel room was just too great. Still might try The Williamsburg Lodge if we pass through town again. Two bedroom award stay at The Manor Club was unusual and we were lucky to get it.

--Jon
Old Sep 14, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
My wife and her sister stayed here in May of this year. Now, we stayed at this hotel several times before it became associated with Marriott. It is still pretty much the same as it was before, except now you get a few Marriott benefits. Very nice hotel, in our opinion.

You get continental breakfast as a gold or platinum. As the lounge sticky says, the upcharge for the full buffet is $5 during the week and $10 for the Sunday buffet (this is really nice, by the way). Speaking of the sticky, anyone else notice that the update on this property was sent back from the future

The restaurant is not open for dinner every day, but it is a pretty easy walk to Merchant's Square and the historical area, where there are many dining options. The bar is also open every day, but has a limited menu and can get very crowded and noisy during cocktail hours.

As noted in the sticky and up thread, there is no lounge, but she did get plat arrival points and a $10 F&B voucher.

One nice advantage of the Lodge is that they have a person available that can take care of all ticketing for visits to the historical area. No need to go over to the Visitor Center.

Last edited by Michilander; Sep 14, 2017 at 10:03 am Reason: typo
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:00 am

Programs: MR Plat; AA Gold; UA Silver
I just completed a 2 night stay here over NYE weekend. Overall, very nice place! Great location to Colonial Williamsburg. The Christmas decorations were a nice addition. I had lunch at the restaurant and thought it was very good, with prices about the same as everywhere else. My friends also had lunch at the bar and said the food was very good. Drinks are reasonably priced and as someone else pointed out, there is live music on weekends. I was upgraded to a larger (superior?) room with a balcony (not very useful in 5 degree weather but I appreciate the sentiment). I would def recommend the place and I plan to stay here again.

Some notes - when I checked in I was told that free breakfast was my PAG. I tried to correct the FDC but she was insistent. So I just went back later to another person who apologized for the mix up and gave me my $10 credit. Apparently the first FDC was new. For the holiday week (Dec 23-Jan 1) they sectioned off part of the bar for an Elite breakfast buffet. It was your standard Marriott eggs, bacon, pastries, oatmeal, etc. Nothing special. Free breakfast is usually in the restaurant but they are "trying this out to see how it works." I think I'd prefer the buffet in the restaurant, even though I didn't try it.

Also, this hotel is undergoing renovations as of yesterday. They closed off my entire building yesterday and will start there. Each building will take about 4 months to renovate. The rooms did look like they could use a little TLC. I really hope that the reno will keep the colonial aspects of the hotel, as I think that's where it gets its charm from.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 2:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Has any stayed lately? Sounds like renovations are wrapping up, according to the general manager on Trip Advisor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.