Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Vail- When do reservations open up?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2017, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Anyone know when Marriott Vail opens up their reservations? I'm looking to book for next January and was hoping to use points- I cant even make a paid booking - Just want to make sure I book as soon as availability permits. Calling Marriott all I was told is that its the hotels discretion.

Thanks!
Old Jan 11, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
Google is your friend - Marriott opens reservations 330 days (or ~11mo in advance)
Old Jan 11, 2017, 5:42 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by jeremybe
Anyone know when Marriott Vail opens up their reservations? I'm looking to book for next January and was hoping to use points- I cant even make a paid booking - Just want to make sure I book as soon as availability permits. Calling Marriott all I was told is that its the hotels discretion.

Thanks!
Also look at the Ritz next door also...
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:30 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by jeremybe

Thanks!
No one, other than the hotel, knows when Vail Marriott loads its inventory. You may want to call the hotel and ask them as they are the only ones that have any idea when they will load inventory. While I haven't stayed at this property for 6 years, it's been this way for decades.

While most properties load inventory 50 weeks out, there are some properties like the Vail Marriott who book conferences, that delay loading inventory. Right now they only have inventory loaded through August 31, 2017. While inventory is not loaded for September 1, 2017 onward, if you are Platinum rooms will show as available at a nightly rate of $999.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by ssafro1
Google is your friend - Marriott opens reservations 330 days (or ~11mo in advance)
And also wrong, apparently.

51 weeks out every Saturday night, so 351-357 days out at max. Some hotels may be delayed, and award inventory is a separate timeline.

So as of today, nothing should be loaded past Dec. 30. On Saturday night, it should extend to Jan. 6, and weekly thereafter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.