Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott shopping mall disappearing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2017, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Just logged in to check on the posting of some points and I noticed that the partner page at Marriott.com indicates that the last day to earn points at the Shop My Way site is January 15, 2017.

Anyone know what the story is? Change of vendor or is the points for shopping option going away entirely?
Old Jan 2, 2017, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Hmm...thanks for the pointer. The Jan 15, 2017 date only shows the MR Partners' Earning Page but not on the Shop My Way site. Nuts if this holds - much prefer using this shopping site vs. others such as MileagePlus Shopping since Shop My Way is much better at crediting purchases and then posting points (i.e. Shop My Way actually works - MileagePlus Shopping doesn't).

David
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:16 am

Value wise the rebate sites tend to be better bang for your buck in my experience. That is Mr. Rebates, piggy, etc....
Old Jan 3, 2017, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 466SHH
Just logged in to check on the posting of some points and I noticed that the partner page at Marriott.com indicates that the last day to earn points at the Shop My Way site is January 15, 2017.

Anyone know what the story is? Change of vendor or is the points for shopping option going away entirely?
Actually, what it says is "last day to earn points at this mall". That implies you might be able to earn points at another mall after that.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
One question that could also be posed is, if the points for purchases well before 15 January 2017 have not yet posted, will we still get credit for them?

David
Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

There is a post from a Marriott person on the Marriott Insiders page that suggests that you will, but I'd print or take a screen shot of the account page and the contact information for the site operator now, since there is no guarantee that you will be able to access the site post January 15.

The post on the Insiders site also states that they have no information about whether there will be a successor site or not.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 8:04 am

just saw this when checking as well

have a few thousand points pending from 11/28, already printed out a pdf of the current screen, but share the concern that there will be nobody to contact after 60 days

tired of the malls that take 1-3 months to credit purchases anyway - marriott, hilton, etc

southwest and many others post within a few days
Old Jan 26, 2017, 5:32 pm

ShopMyWay Mall no longer participates in Marriott Rewards, effective January 15, 2017

Marriott told me today that ShopMyWay Mall no longer participates in Marriott Rewards, effective January 15, 2017.

Has anyone else been informed of that?

Has anyone received an email from Marriott or ShopMyWay Mall to this effect?

Thank you.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 5:54 pm

Programs: Too many to list
I've not received any notice to that effect, however I did go to ShopMyWay the week of the 8th through the 15th to link through for some purchases and there was a statement to the effect that the 15th would be the last day to earn points via the Mall. No big banner or anything, just a little note on the Earn page on the ShopMyWay linky.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 10:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by BeantownDisneyFan
Marriott told me today that ShopMyWay Mall no longer participates in Marriott Rewards, effective January 15, 2017.

Has anyone else been informed of that?

Has anyone received an email from Marriott or ShopMyWay Mall to this effect?

Thank you.
Thread about it a few weeks ago.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...appearing.html

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.