Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa, Vietnam [Master Thread]

Old Jan 28, 2017, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: soy
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email address:
[email protected]
Reservations: [email protected]

> Plat Welcome amenity is 1k pts or Breakfast for Elite+1
——————————-
Previously posted and someone deleted it - It is the policy of this prop to try and upgrade P/Gs and even Ss on their first stay. If for some reason the property cannot upgrade the P/G/S member on their first stay they will be given upgrade priority on their next stay.
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa, Vietnam [Master Thread]

Old Mar 30, 2017, 8:42 am

Hi,

I was wondering if you have an update for this reservation? I'm planning to book the same resort for my parents and brother, and I agree - 3rd person fee is too high.

Thanks!
Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by chandni177
Hi,

I was wondering if you have an update for this reservation? I'm planning to book the same resort for my parents and brother, and I agree - 3rd person fee is too high.

Thanks!
I contacted the resort previously for myself and have settled on two rooms (family of five).

Reservations at this hotle told me "the maximum number of guest per room is 2 adults and 2 children under 12 years old or 3 adults. The surcharge will be applied for the 3rd person charge VND 1,350,000." But not for kids under 12.

1,350,000 VND is steep for children over twelve. Fortunately I've become accustomed to two rooms all over SEA. So much for a family friendly travel destination .
Old Apr 3, 2017, 11:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Have some information from the hotel.

* Breakfast inclusion will depend on the rate booked by the guest. For your information redemption bookings will not be inclusive of Breakfast; however, we offer Gold and Platinum guests breakfast for themselves and one guest as a special benefit for being some of our most loyal customers.

* Our policy is for a maximum number of two adults per room. If guests would like to have a third person in the room then this will be chargeable at 1,350,000 VND before tax and service charge. This policy is to both maximise guest comfort and to control the number of guests in the hotel, allowing for a better atmosphere around the resort which will benefit all of our in-house guests.

* For families looking to stay with us we offer complimentary breakfast for two children per room (under the age of 12 years old) however we would recommend families to book two rooms for their added comfort.

* We have a dedicated kids pool, kids club and a weekly kids activity program for our families as well as an adults only pool and an adults activity program to try and make sure we are both family friendly and suitable for couples or those who are just looking for some rest and relaxation.

Cheers.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 6:51 am

Programs: Marriott: Platinum Hilton: Diamond AC: 25K
Anyone know how strict they are on room occupancy. If you check my past post I book 2 rooms for 6 nights the Marriott agent told me too book the second room as a 2 person reservation it should be no problem. My brother/sister in law and mother in law will be in that room. I am a little worried that I might get in trouble showing up with an extra guest without telling them first.

Ans yes I think the extra guest rate is high.

Also I am Marriott gold will that let me have 2 or 4 free breakfast.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 8:03 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by Nimitz
Anyone know how strict they are on room occupancy. If you check my past post I book 2 rooms for 6 nights the Marriott agent told me too book the second room as a 2 person reservation it should be no problem. My brother/sister in law and mother in law will be in that room. I am a little worried that I might get in trouble showing up with an extra guest without telling them first.

Ans yes I think the extra guest rate is high.

Also I am Marriott gold will that let me have 2 or 4 free breakfast.
Read the post directly above yours, almost everything is answered in that. Given that the hotel specifically provided that info (versus someone just finding it somewhere on the internet), I suspect it is fairly accurate as to their policies

Last edited by soy; Apr 7, 2017 at 8:09 am
Old Apr 13, 2017, 10:29 am

Programs: Fairmont Platinum, SPG Gold
Looks like booking for Dec 15, 2017 and onwards has recently opened up! Just booked my reward stay.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 10:58 pm

Programs: A3 *Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ntle
Looks like booking for Dec 15, 2017 and onwards has recently opened up! Just booked my reward stay.
Same here... I have been waiting for over a month... I had called back and forth with reservations and spoke to the Front Desk Manager personally over the last few days for them to open up. Just booked using my 7-day travel package certificate over Christmas break... Excited to check out the resort!
Old Apr 14, 2017, 8:33 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by oa424
Same here... I have been waiting for over a month... I had called back and forth with reservations and spoke to the Front Desk Manager personally over the last few days for them to open up. Just booked using my 7-day travel package certificate over Christmas break... Excited to check out the resort!
The resort emailed me to let me know bookings opened up so I'll be there over New Years for a five day stay as well.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 2:32 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Delta Amex Plat,
Originally Posted by Covie99
The resort emailed me to let me know bookings opened up so I'll be there over New Years for a five day stay as well.
Looks like there will be a whole gaggle of FT people there over NYE. I booked 12/30-1/4 yesterday as well!
Old Apr 14, 2017, 3:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
You all should meet up while you're there. A mini Marriott FTer Do!

Cheers.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

we may end up going there over xmas as well...
Old Apr 22, 2017, 6:31 pm

Free breakfast question when booking two rooms.

Hi I will be staying in Phu Quoc for 6 days. I reserved 2 rooms using points under my account I am gold. This week I just made my wife gold with American Express platinum and SPG status match. I think to get the 4 free breakfast I will have to put her name in one room at check in and mine on the next. Or will I only still be allowed only 2 breakfast because I have both reservations.

hehe I know I should of asked this before I paid 199$ to make my wife gold.

Second question does Marriott do anything special for wedding anniversaries we will be celebrating our second anniversary just before we leave the resort.

thanks nimitz
Old Apr 22, 2017, 7:14 pm

Is the happy hour for elite members only or elite member and guest.

thanks
Old Apr 23, 2017, 6:12 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I'd check out the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...a-vietnam.html thread to see what experiences/info there is here about that property.

Given this is a resort property and they have no requirement to offer Gold/Plats free breakfast at all, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that having your name on both rooms won't get everyone in both rooms free breakfast. So your best option to get that would be to have your wife's name and MR# on one and yours on the other.

"Marriott" doesn't do anything special from program perspective for anniversaries. Individual hotels (and their respective hotel management teams) might. Every hotel is different. Usually, if I let the hotel management know of my special celebration, I might get a card or possibly a bottle of some type of wine/drink. The Miami airport hotel once had most every employee sign a card, offered us dinner on the house, and upgraded us to their presidential suite (we were only staying one night on our way to St. Kitts or the Caymans.) But that was unusual treatment and I don't expect that as normal.

I've also had some hotels do nothing at all. So if you really want something more than a base room and the stay will not be enjoyable otherwise, reserve and pay for it. That way you are guaranteed to get what you want/need. If getting nothing more than a "thanks for staying" and the room you reserved will still mean you have a great and enjoyable stay, then don't upgrade or reserve anything extra (and maybe you will be surprised).
Old Apr 23, 2017, 11:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
I am going to be there for 2 night in July and might come back for the Xmas break if the July stay is good. Sound like we can do a flyertalk meetup in December there haha.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.