Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 18, 2016, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Michilander
Spring 2017 Promotions:

Seems to be three possibilities:

Promotion A
  • Earn double (2x) points on their first three (3) paid stays* made between January 16, 2017 and April 15, 2017

Promotion B
  • Earn double (2x) points on their first three (3) paid stays* made between January 16, 2017 and April 15, 2017
  • At the conclusion of three paid stays, the member will earn 15,000 bonus points after 10 paid nights plus an additional 1,500 bonus points for every additional paid night up to 15,000 bonus points. Maximum of 30,000 bonus points.

Promotion C
  • At the conclusion of three paid stays, the member will earn 30,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights plus an additional 1,500 bonus points for every additional paid night up to 15,000 bonus points. Maximum of 45,000 bonus points.

Marriott Rewards® 2017 Spring Mega Bonus
Terms and Conditions

*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.
• Registration is required.
• Marriott Rewards members who register for this promotion by March 15, 2017 will earn double (2x) points on their first three (3) paid stays* made between January 16, 2017 and April 15, 2017 at participating Marriott® properties (the “promotional period”).
• In addition, at the conclusion of three paid stays, the member will earn 30,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights plus an additional 1,500 bonus points for every additional paid night up to 15,000 bonus points – maximum of 45,000 additional bonus points during the promotional period.
• Maximum of 45,000 bonus points is in addition to any points earned during double point stays during the promotional period.
• The member receiving this offer has been targeted and the offer is not transferable.
• Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account within 3-5 business days after the qualifying stays.
• ExecuStay, Marriott Executive Apartments nights and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit.
• Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.
• Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
• For a list of current Marriott Rewards participating brands, visit http://www.marriott.com/marriott-rewards/earn/hotels.mi.
• Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achievement.
• Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion.
• All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply.
• See http://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/earning.mi for more information.
• Visit www.MarriottRewards.com/MegaBonus or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.
© 2017 Marriott International, Inc.
Print Wikipost

2017 1st promotion is here

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2017, 11:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Michilander
I believe you will get bonus credit as if you checked out the morning of the 16th. All nights until then will count, and it will count as a stay. This would be consistent with past MegaBoni
Thanks
Old Mar 16, 2017, 7:06 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Finishing up phase II of the promotion, which will bring me to 60,000 total bonus points. 15,000 to go.

I'm glad to see MR pursue these kinds of promotions, which really reward the road warriors, but still work out to give those that dont travel as many nights an opportunity to earn some decent bonus points. The long term stays at the beginning of this promo really helped me to capitalize. For those that take shorter trips and maybe don't stay quite as many nights, the goal of completing all 3 phases of the promotion is still attainable... nearly enough for my Mrs. to finish the promo as well, and she travels maybe half of what I do.

^ to Marriott Rewards for running this promotion.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
So I've been more in the mode of burning Marriott points vs. earning them this year (you only have to treat me poorly just once to wind up on my poo list). My initial three stays included two one-night stays at a CY - just weren't any good SPG options in those cases.

In any event, since completing the three initial stays, I killed about a week @ the Marriott Beachside Key West using a combination of points and cash. Do those nights count towards the extra 10 nights for 15k points since money changed hands? I might be willing to stay in a Marriott the extra two nights required so these points can be used later or folded into my SPG balance.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
In any event, since completing the three initial stays, I killed about a week @ the Marriott Beachside Key West using a combination of points and cash. Do those nights count towards the extra 10 nights for 15k points since money changed hands? I might be willing to stay in a Marriott the extra two nights required so these points can be used later or folded into my SPG balance.
Whether a night counts toward a promotion does not depend on whether money changed hands. Gosh, there are plenty of paid rates that don't even count (starting with third-party booking site rates).

For it to count, it has to be a points-earning rate. So did you earn points on (any of) those nights? If not, they wouldn't count toward the promo.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Whether a night counts toward a promotion does not depend on whether money changed hands. Gosh, there are plenty of paid rates that don't even count (starting with third-party booking site rates).

For it to count, it has to be a points-earning rate. So did you earn points on (any of) those nights? If not, they wouldn't count toward the promo.
Ah, that makes perfect sense come to think of it (and no, I didn't earn points since I was cashing a good number in). Meh, saves me the troubles of seeking out a Marriott - I've still got bonus points I can earn from the same promo on the SPG side...

Thanks!
Old Mar 25, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
I'm seeing questions about this, but no definitive answer, so let me ask:

Apparently, the night of April 15th counts. IOW, if my 10th night is Apr 15th/16th, I will get the bonus. However, what about a longer stay?

What if I have stay from perhaps Apr 13th to Apr 18th, and Apr 15th is my 10th night. In that case, does the Marriott system award me the bonus, or do I have to check out on the 16th for the system to recognize my nights as occurring within the bonus period?
Old Mar 25, 2017, 12:19 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by jn in ca
I'm seeing questions about this, but no definitive answer, so let me ask:

Apparently, the night of April 15th counts. IOW, if my 10th night is Apr 15th/16th, I will get the bonus. However, what about a longer stay?

What if I have stay from perhaps Apr 13th to Apr 18th, and Apr 15th is my 10th night. In that case, does the Marriott system award me the bonus, or do I have to check out on the 16th for the system to recognize my nights as occurring within the bonus period?
So I asked this same thing last week. I was told "no" on any day after the 15th. My reservation was from the 14th-19th. My 20th night will be the 14th and I will get the 1500 bonus for the 15th but that's all.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 1:49 pm
alc

Apologize if already mentioned, did a quick search and a quick glance and didn't seems to find any reference to this.

My stay that meet the first 10 nights consist of my 9th, 10th, and 11th nights (after the first 3 stays for 2X points) for this promo. So, thought I will get the 15K for the first 10-nights + 1500 for the 11th. But it turns out they only start the counter for my 11th for the next stay instead. I contact Marriott and respond said all the Bonus are posted correctly.

As I was just about to reply and provide more info, I got 2 extra trips coming up before the end of the promo, which will have give me more then the required nights to earn the max bonus, hence I didn't bother than.

So, thought to let the group here know in case it will affect your total bonus points.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 3:50 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
My final batch of points will post this weekend.... completing the promotion tomorrow. They have been spot on about posting the 35,000 points, and I am seeing 1,500 per night for each of my reservations I complete the same day the normal points post. Apart from not having a status monitor on the website, I have kept track of things, and MR has been spot on about rewarding my bonus points. ^
Old Mar 30, 2017, 4:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by alc
Apologize if already mentioned, did a quick search and a quick glance and didn't seems to find any reference to this.

My stay that meet the first 10 nights consist of my 9th, 10th, and 11th nights (after the first 3 stays for 2X points) for this promo. So, thought I will get the 15K for the first 10-nights + 1500 for the 11th. But it turns out they only start the counter for my 11th for the next stay instead. I contact Marriott and respond said all the Bonus are posted correctly.

As I was just about to reply and provide more info, I got 2 extra trips coming up before the end of the promo, which will have give me more then the required nights to earn the max bonus, hence I didn't bother than.

So, thought to let the group here know in case it will affect your total bonus points.
This is weird, I can't find any such reference in the T&C. HUACA?
Old Mar 30, 2017, 6:36 am
alc

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
This is weird, I can't find any such reference in the T&C. HUACA?
I did it via email. As mentioned that since I will have more than 20 nights, I am not going make a big fuzz about this since I will get all 15K afterall .
Old Apr 6, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
I got the stay 10 additional nights, get 15,000 points version. Night 10 was last Thursday, and that stay did post on Sunday. As of today, I have yet to receive the 15,000 point bonus. Did anyone else receive the 15,000 points? If so, was there a significant lag between the night 10 stay posting and the bonus points posting?
Old Apr 6, 2017, 1:05 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by LPCJr
I got the stay 10 additional nights, get 15,000 points version. Night 10 was last Thursday, and that stay did post on Sunday. As of today, I have yet to receive the 15,000 point bonus. Did anyone else receive the 15,000 points? If so, was there a significant lag between the night 10 stay posting and the bonus points posting?
They told me that they will credit my points when the promotion is over. So I have a few more days.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by t1c
They told me that they will credit my points when the promotion is over. So I have a few more days.
I have been receiving 1500pts per night for each posting stay. My 3-night stay last week posted into my account, along with 3 individual deposits of 1500 bonus points.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 5:24 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
The last two responses would seem to contradict each other, one saying that points will post when the promotion is over, the other saying they are already receiving points. Does anyone know which way it is supposed to work?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.