2017 1st promotion is here

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 11, 17, 4:52 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Michilander
Wiki Link
Spring 2017 Promotions:

Seems to be three possibilities:

Promotion A
  • Earn double (2x) points on their first three (3) paid stays* made between January 16, 2017 and April 15, 2017

Promotion B
  • Earn double (2x) points on their first three (3) paid stays* made between January 16, 2017 and April 15, 2017
  • At the conclusion of three paid stays, the member will earn 15,000 bonus points after 10 paid nights plus an additional 1,500 bonus points for every additional paid night up to 15,000 bonus points. Maximum of 30,000 bonus points.

Promotion C
  • Earn double (2x) points on their first three (3) paid stays* made between January 16, 2017 and April 15, 2017
  • At the conclusion of three paid stays, the member will earn 30,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights plus an additional 1,500 bonus points for every additional paid night up to 15,000 bonus points. Maximum of 45,000 bonus points.

Marriott Rewards® 2017 Spring Mega Bonus
Terms and Conditions

*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.
• Registration is required.
• Marriott Rewards members who register for this promotion by March 15, 2017 will earn double (2x) points on their first three (3) paid stays* made between January 16, 2017 and April 15, 2017 at participating Marriott® properties (the “promotional period”).
• In addition, at the conclusion of three paid stays, the member will earn 30,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights plus an additional 1,500 bonus points for every additional paid night up to 15,000 bonus points – maximum of 45,000 additional bonus points during the promotional period.
• Maximum of 45,000 bonus points is in addition to any points earned during double point stays during the promotional period.
• The member receiving this offer has been targeted and the offer is not transferable.
• Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account within 3-5 business days after the qualifying stays.
• ExecuStay, Marriott Executive Apartments nights and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit.
• Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.
• Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
• For a list of current Marriott Rewards participating brands, visit http://www.marriott.com/marriott-rewards/earn/hotels.mi.
• Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achievement.
• Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion.
• All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply.
• See http://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/earning.mi for more information.
• Visit www.MarriottRewards.com/MegaBonus or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.
© 2017 Marriott International, Inc.
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Mar 14, 17, 5:38 am
  #196  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: TPA/DFW
Programs: AA EXP, MB LTTE/A HH DIA, DL
Posts: 994
Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food View Post
My five nights last week took me to 23 for the promo, beyond the first three stays (which totaled 13 nights). Yesterday's postings included the 30k for reaching 20 nights plus three separate credits for nights 21-23. I've traveled every week of this promotion and I'm just now reaching the goals. I can't imagine this promo actually being maxed out by anybody but a few weary road warriors. My final haul will come to just shy of 70k points, in addition to the regularly accrued points.
I'll end up with 74K thanks to high seasonal rates in Tampa on 27 nights after the first 3 stays.
txpenny is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 17, 3:55 pm
  #197  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 68
Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food View Post
My five nights last week took me to 23 for the promo, beyond the first three stays (which totaled 13 nights). Yesterday's postings included the 30k for reaching 20 nights plus three separate credits for nights 21-23. I've traveled every week of this promotion and I'm just now reaching the goals. I can't imagine this promo actually being maxed out by anybody but a few weary road warriors. My final haul will come to just shy of 70k points, in addition to the regularly accrued points.
Here's the deal...and I'm sure I'm reading it wrong, but I don't think it ever says that the 20 nights for the 30,000 and additional nights up to 45,000 points (on promotion B and C) have to be done before April 15th. If you read the strict wording, it only says the April 15th deadline applies to the first three stays with double points.

Sorry if this has already been discussed.

By the way, I've done my three stays and at the end of this week I'll have 19 additional nights. By the time April 15th rolls around, I'll have 35 additional nights. I even had a week off for MLK. So, it can be done.
jrich7970 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 17, 6:27 pm
  #198  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 207
I max out this coming Sunday with approx 55K BPs.

Last edited by johnston21; Mar 14, 17 at 6:38 pm
johnston21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 17, 9:21 pm
  #199  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: BOS, BED
Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Posts: 1,148
My second stay is going to be this month but my third stay is April 10th thru 17 th

what will i get for this (3rd) stay:
A) double points for the entire stay
B) double points for the nights of 10-15 (6 nights)
C) nothing coz my stay won't end by 4/15
vishalgupta22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 17, 6:03 am
  #200  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: BWI, PHL, IAD
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Mileage Plus Plat, Global Entry
Posts: 1,397
Originally Posted by DJLin View Post
If I check in before April 15 but check out after April 15 ? Still counts ?
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22 View Post
My second stay is going to be this month but my third stay is April 10th thru 17 th

what will i get for this (3rd) stay:
A) double points for the entire stay
B) double points for the nights of 10-15 (6 nights)
C) nothing coz my stay won't end by 4/15
I believe you will get bonus credit as if you checked out the morning of the 16th. All nights until then will count, and it will count as a stay. This would be consistent with past MegaBoni
Michilander is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 17, 11:43 am
  #201  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: BOS, BED
Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Posts: 1,148
Originally Posted by Michilander View Post
I believe you will get bonus credit as if you checked out the morning of the 16th. All nights until then will count, and it will count as a stay. This would be consistent with past MegaBoni
Thanks
vishalgupta22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 17, 7:06 am
  #202  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MCO
Programs: UA GS 1MM *G UC | Marriott LT Ti | Hilton Diamond | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre✓
Posts: 2,514
Finishing up phase II of the promotion, which will bring me to 60,000 total bonus points. 15,000 to go.

I'm glad to see MR pursue these kinds of promotions, which really reward the road warriors, but still work out to give those that dont travel as many nights an opportunity to earn some decent bonus points. The long term stays at the beginning of this promo really helped me to capitalize. For those that take shorter trips and maybe don't stay quite as many nights, the goal of completing all 3 phases of the promotion is still attainable... nearly enough for my Mrs. to finish the promo as well, and she travels maybe half of what I do.

to Marriott Rewards for running this promotion.
jjmoore is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 17, 1:45 pm
  #203  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: COS
Programs: UA Plat/1.5MM, SPG P100, Marriott LTP(P, coming to you in Jan '19), Hertz Prez, CBP GE, et al
Posts: 1,729
So I've been more in the mode of burning Marriott points vs. earning them this year (you only have to treat me poorly just once to wind up on my poo list). My initial three stays included two one-night stays at a CY - just weren't any good SPG options in those cases.

In any event, since completing the three initial stays, I killed about a week @ the Marriott Beachside Key West using a combination of points and cash. Do those nights count towards the extra 10 nights for 15k points since money changed hands? I might be willing to stay in a Marriott the extra two nights required so these points can be used later or folded into my SPG balance.
CCIE_Flyer is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 17, 10:23 am
  #204  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: home = LAX
Posts: 23,517
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer View Post
In any event, since completing the three initial stays, I killed about a week @ the Marriott Beachside Key West using a combination of points and cash. Do those nights count towards the extra 10 nights for 15k points since money changed hands? I might be willing to stay in a Marriott the extra two nights required so these points can be used later or folded into my SPG balance.
Whether a night counts toward a promotion does not depend on whether money changed hands. Gosh, there are plenty of paid rates that don't even count (starting with third-party booking site rates).

For it to count, it has to be a points-earning rate. So did you earn points on (any of) those nights? If not, they wouldn't count toward the promo.
sdsearch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 17, 1:39 pm
  #205  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: COS
Programs: UA Plat/1.5MM, SPG P100, Marriott LTP(P, coming to you in Jan '19), Hertz Prez, CBP GE, et al
Posts: 1,729
Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
Whether a night counts toward a promotion does not depend on whether money changed hands. Gosh, there are plenty of paid rates that don't even count (starting with third-party booking site rates).

For it to count, it has to be a points-earning rate. So did you earn points on (any of) those nights? If not, they wouldn't count toward the promo.
Ah, that makes perfect sense come to think of it (and no, I didn't earn points since I was cashing a good number in). Meh, saves me the troubles of seeking out a Marriott - I've still got bonus points I can earn from the same promo on the SPG side...

Thanks!
CCIE_Flyer is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 17, 11:32 am
  #206  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Starwood Platinum, IHG Platinum
Posts: 752
I'm seeing questions about this, but no definitive answer, so let me ask:

Apparently, the night of April 15th counts. IOW, if my 10th night is Apr 15th/16th, I will get the bonus. However, what about a longer stay?

What if I have stay from perhaps Apr 13th to Apr 18th, and Apr 15th is my 10th night. In that case, does the Marriott system award me the bonus, or do I have to check out on the 16th for the system to recognize my nights as occurring within the bonus period?
jn in ca is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 17, 12:19 pm
  #207  
t1c
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: DTW
Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Posts: 721
Originally Posted by jn in ca View Post
I'm seeing questions about this, but no definitive answer, so let me ask:

Apparently, the night of April 15th counts. IOW, if my 10th night is Apr 15th/16th, I will get the bonus. However, what about a longer stay?

What if I have stay from perhaps Apr 13th to Apr 18th, and Apr 15th is my 10th night. In that case, does the Marriott system award me the bonus, or do I have to check out on the 16th for the system to recognize my nights as occurring within the bonus period?
So I asked this same thing last week. I was told "no" on any day after the 15th. My reservation was from the 14th-19th. My 20th night will be the 14th and I will get the 1500 bonus for the 15th but that's all.
t1c is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 17, 1:49 pm
  #208  
alc
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,506
Apologize if already mentioned, did a quick search and a quick glance and didn't seems to find any reference to this.

My stay that meet the first 10 nights consist of my 9th, 10th, and 11th nights (after the first 3 stays for 2X points) for this promo. So, thought I will get the 15K for the first 10-nights + 1500 for the 11th. But it turns out they only start the counter for my 11th for the next stay instead. I contact Marriott and respond said all the Bonus are posted correctly.

As I was just about to reply and provide more info, I got 2 extra trips coming up before the end of the promo, which will have give me more then the required nights to earn the max bonus, hence I didn't bother than.

So, thought to let the group here know in case it will affect your total bonus points.
alc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 17, 3:50 am
  #209  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MCO
Programs: UA GS 1MM *G UC | Marriott LT Ti | Hilton Diamond | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre✓
Posts: 2,514
My final batch of points will post this weekend.... completing the promotion tomorrow. They have been spot on about posting the 35,000 points, and I am seeing 1,500 per night for each of my reservations I complete the same day the normal points post. Apart from not having a status monitor on the website, I have kept track of things, and MR has been spot on about rewarding my bonus points.
jjmoore is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 17, 4:22 am
  #210  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: BOS, BED
Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Posts: 1,148
Originally Posted by alc View Post
Apologize if already mentioned, did a quick search and a quick glance and didn't seems to find any reference to this.

My stay that meet the first 10 nights consist of my 9th, 10th, and 11th nights (after the first 3 stays for 2X points) for this promo. So, thought I will get the 15K for the first 10-nights + 1500 for the 11th. But it turns out they only start the counter for my 11th for the next stay instead. I contact Marriott and respond said all the Bonus are posted correctly.

As I was just about to reply and provide more info, I got 2 extra trips coming up before the end of the promo, which will have give me more then the required nights to earn the max bonus, hence I didn't bother than.

So, thought to let the group here know in case it will affect your total bonus points.
This is weird, I can't find any such reference in the T&C. HUACA?
vishalgupta22 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread