Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 18, 2016, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Michilander
Spring 2017 Promotions:

Seems to be three possibilities:

Promotion A
  • Earn double (2x) points on their first three (3) paid stays* made between January 16, 2017 and April 15, 2017

Promotion B
  • Earn double (2x) points on their first three (3) paid stays* made between January 16, 2017 and April 15, 2017
  • At the conclusion of three paid stays, the member will earn 15,000 bonus points after 10 paid nights plus an additional 1,500 bonus points for every additional paid night up to 15,000 bonus points. Maximum of 30,000 bonus points.

Promotion C
  • At the conclusion of three paid stays, the member will earn 30,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights plus an additional 1,500 bonus points for every additional paid night up to 15,000 bonus points. Maximum of 45,000 bonus points.

Marriott Rewards® 2017 Spring Mega Bonus
Terms and Conditions

*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.
• Registration is required.
• Marriott Rewards members who register for this promotion by March 15, 2017 will earn double (2x) points on their first three (3) paid stays* made between January 16, 2017 and April 15, 2017 at participating Marriott® properties (the “promotional period”).
• In addition, at the conclusion of three paid stays, the member will earn 30,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights plus an additional 1,500 bonus points for every additional paid night up to 15,000 bonus points – maximum of 45,000 additional bonus points during the promotional period.
• Maximum of 45,000 bonus points is in addition to any points earned during double point stays during the promotional period.
• The member receiving this offer has been targeted and the offer is not transferable.
• Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account within 3-5 business days after the qualifying stays.
• ExecuStay, Marriott Executive Apartments nights and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit.
• Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.
• Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
• For a list of current Marriott Rewards participating brands, visit http://www.marriott.com/marriott-rewards/earn/hotels.mi.
• Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achievement.
• Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion.
• All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply.
• See http://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/earning.mi for more information.
• Visit www.MarriottRewards.com/MegaBonus or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.
© 2017 Marriott International, Inc.
Print Wikipost

2017 1st promotion is here

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2017, 7:02 am

My promotion shows completed after my 3 stays worth double points. I should be accumulating nights towards the 20 needed to start racking up more points but they aren't showing up under promotions. Is that how the promo is showing up for others?
Old Mar 7, 2017, 7:11 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Originally Posted by Jerruh
My promotion shows completed after my 3 stays worth double points. I should be accumulating nights towards the 20 needed to start racking up more points but they aren't showing up under promotions. Is that how the promo is showing up for others?
Yes, unfortunately. MR decided that they didn't care about their IT working/displaying for both halves of the promo, so it's up to you to manually track your nights for the 20+10 portion
Old Mar 7, 2017, 7:19 pm

Has anyone collected any additional 1,500 bonus points? I completed my 20 paid nights, and on my next completed (separate) stay (21'st night) of 1 night I have yet to receive the 1,500 points (and not added on as Extra).

In addition, at the conclusion of three paid stays, the member will earn 30,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights plus an additional 1,500 bonus points for every additional paid night up to 15,000 bonus points – maximum of 45,000 additional bonus points during the promotional period.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by johnston21
Has anyone collected any additional 1,500 bonus points? I completed my 20 paid nights, and on my next completed (separate) stay (21'st night) of 1 night I have yet to receive the 1,500 points (and not added on as Extra).

In addition, at the conclusion of three paid stays, the member will earn 30,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights plus an additional 1,500 bonus points for every additional paid night up to 15,000 bonus points – maximum of 45,000 additional bonus points during the promotional period.
You didn't explain. Did you get the 30,000 bonus points already? How soon after completing your 20th paid night? And how soon after your 20th paid night was your 21st paid night? And how long ago was your 21st paid night?

The MegaBonuses always post separately from the stays, IIRC, and not quite at the same time.

And if it took N days after your 20th night for the 30k to post, I wouldn't necessarily expect the 1.5k until N days after you 21st night. (And that's assuming you have a separate checkout on your 20th and 21st nights; it gets even more complicated if they're in the middle of longer stays.)

Anyway, in my case, I still have some 7 or 8 paid nights to go before I get to my 20, so I'm not yet near where you are.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 12:24 pm

Marriott has since confirmed a programming error with the 1,500 additional points not starting till the 22'nd night.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 2:12 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
You do really wonder about a marketing operation that can come up with a promotion that their customers don't understand and that neither their own, nor SPGs, IT departments can program properly.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 4:38 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
My five nights last week took me to 23 for the promo, beyond the first three stays (which totaled 13 nights). Yesterday's postings included the 30k for reaching 20 nights plus three separate credits for nights 21-23. I've traveled every week of this promotion and I'm just now reaching the goals. I can't imagine this promo actually being maxed out by anybody but a few weary road warriors. My final haul will come to just shy of 70k points, in addition to the regularly accrued points.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I get the advertising for this campaign every time I got to marriott.com but I have so far been unable to sign up. As we are approaching the deadline, I thought I'd give them a call. Which turned out to be rather entertaining.

The agent's first question: "The number you entered when calling, where do you have that from?"
Me: "You mean my Marriott Rewards number?"
Agent "Yes, where do you have that from?"
Me: "I have had it since 2009, to be honest I don't remember how I signed up for it"

Anyway at the end of a longer conversation, he said that he had signed me up for the campaign. Does that normally take a while to show, as I still don't see it in my account page.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 7:15 pm

If I check in before April 15 but check out after April 15 ? Still counts ?
Old Mar 13, 2017, 9:49 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
My five nights last week took me to 23 for the promo, beyond the first three stays (which totaled 13 nights). Yesterday's postings included the 30k for reaching 20 nights plus three separate credits for nights 21-23. I've traveled every week of this promotion and I'm just now reaching the goals. I can't imagine this promo actually being maxed out by anybody but a few weary road warriors. My final haul will come to just shy of 70k points, in addition to the regularly accrued points.
+1 Very true. I travel often and I might not get the 20 nights.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 5:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
I'll end up with 74K thanks to high seasonal rates in Tampa on 27 nights after the first 3 stays.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:55 pm

Here's the deal...and I'm sure I'm reading it wrong, but I don't think it ever says that the 20 nights for the 30,000 and additional nights up to 45,000 points (on promotion B and C) have to be done before April 15th. If you read the strict wording, it only says the April 15th deadline applies to the first three stays with double points.

Sorry if this has already been discussed.

By the way, I've done my three stays and at the end of this week I'll have 19 additional nights. By the time April 15th rolls around, I'll have 35 additional nights. I even had a week off for MLK. So, it can be done.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 6:27 pm

I max out this coming Sunday with approx 55K BPs.

Last edited by johnston21; Mar 14, 2017 at 6:38 pm
Old Mar 14, 2017, 9:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
My second stay is going to be this month but my third stay is April 10th thru 17 th

what will i get for this (3rd) stay:
A) double points for the entire stay
B) double points for the nights of 10-15 (6 nights)
C) nothing coz my stay won't end by 4/15
Old Mar 15, 2017, 6:03 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by DJLin
If I check in before April 15 but check out after April 15 ? Still counts ?
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
My second stay is going to be this month but my third stay is April 10th thru 17 th

what will i get for this (3rd) stay:
A) double points for the entire stay
B) double points for the nights of 10-15 (6 nights)
C) nothing coz my stay won't end by 4/15
I believe you will get bonus credit as if you checked out the morning of the 16th. All nights until then will count, and it will count as a stay. This would be consistent with past MegaBoni

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.