Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 18, 2016, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Michilander
Spring 2017 Promotions:

Seems to be three possibilities:

Promotion A
  • Earn double (2x) points on their first three (3) paid stays* made between January 16, 2017 and April 15, 2017

Promotion B
  • Earn double (2x) points on their first three (3) paid stays* made between January 16, 2017 and April 15, 2017
  • At the conclusion of three paid stays, the member will earn 15,000 bonus points after 10 paid nights plus an additional 1,500 bonus points for every additional paid night up to 15,000 bonus points. Maximum of 30,000 bonus points.

Promotion C
  • At the conclusion of three paid stays, the member will earn 30,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights plus an additional 1,500 bonus points for every additional paid night up to 15,000 bonus points. Maximum of 45,000 bonus points.

Marriott Rewards® 2017 Spring Mega Bonus
Terms and Conditions

*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.
• Registration is required.
• Marriott Rewards members who register for this promotion by March 15, 2017 will earn double (2x) points on their first three (3) paid stays* made between January 16, 2017 and April 15, 2017 at participating Marriott® properties (the “promotional period”).
• In addition, at the conclusion of three paid stays, the member will earn 30,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights plus an additional 1,500 bonus points for every additional paid night up to 15,000 bonus points – maximum of 45,000 additional bonus points during the promotional period.
• Maximum of 45,000 bonus points is in addition to any points earned during double point stays during the promotional period.
• The member receiving this offer has been targeted and the offer is not transferable.
• Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account within 3-5 business days after the qualifying stays.
• ExecuStay, Marriott Executive Apartments nights and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit.
• Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.
• Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
• For a list of current Marriott Rewards participating brands, visit http://www.marriott.com/marriott-rewards/earn/hotels.mi.
• Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achievement.
• Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion.
• All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply.
• See http://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/earning.mi for more information.
• Visit www.MarriottRewards.com/MegaBonus or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.
© 2017 Marriott International, Inc.
Print Wikipost

2017 1st promotion is here

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2017, 7:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
You should get both the double and gold points. There is no cap on the double points.

Which promotion offer do you have: A, B or C?
I have Promo B. I don't think I will have more than 3 stays so B (or even A) works for me.

Originally Posted by disjt
Can confirm. I got both the bonus points and platinum points. Did my 3 stays already with A. Will have to call them to switch to B or C.
Thanks for the confirmation.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC
I called yesterday and some bonus points already showed up from my January stays, so that's nice. I couldn't find anywhere if I got A, B, or C. Below is what's in my Promotions page. Does this mean I got C? Or A?

Your recent promotion - this is over, see how you did.

Your total:
11,960 Bonus Points

Your goal:
Earn double points on your first three stays.

Congratulations - you earned the maximum. Earning double points leads to taking in more moments: Get double points on your first three stays, plus up to 45,000 bonus points after that.
Please note the progress bar in your account only reflects your first three stays.

Register by March 15, 2017
Stay at any of our 4,400+ participating hotels and resorts worldwide between January 16 and April 15, 2017
Earn double points on your first three eligible stays
Then, earn 30,000 bonus points when you stay 20 additional nights
Plus, earn 1,500 bonus points for each night after that — up to 15,000 bonus points (45,000 total bonus points)
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Marko123
I called yesterday and some bonus points already showed up from my January stays, so that's nice. I couldn't find anywhere if I got A, B, or C. Below is what's in my Promotions page. Does this mean I got C? Or A?

Register by March 15, 2017
Stay at any of our 4,400+ participating hotels and resorts worldwide between January 16 and April 15, 2017
Earn double points on your first three eligible stays
Then, earn 30,000 bonus points when you stay 20 additional nights
Plus, earn 1,500 bonus points for each night after that — up to 15,000 bonus points (45,000 total bonus points)
You got C
Old Feb 7, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
You got C
Good stuff, thanks.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
Do you already have those nights booked? I can see that working against you, sadly.
I only book 1 to 2 weeks in advance. The nice part is that there's a DoubleTree right next to Autograph where I usually stay at. I'll just renew my HHonors gold until the next Megabonus appears.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by disjt
I only book 1 to 2 weeks in advance. The nice part is that there's a DoubleTree right next to Autograph where I usually stay at. I'll just renew my HHonors gold until the next Megabonus appears.
This has got to be the most harebrained promo strategy ever.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL DM, National EE, Avis PC, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, SPG PL
I'm towards the end of a lengthy stay and the hotel did a check in/check out to post charges a few days ago. This is the last of my 3 double points stay and this will cause me to lose out on about 10k in bonus points. Is it fair to ask the hotel to compensate for the missing points?
Old Feb 10, 2017, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by pivot_chart
I'm towards the end of a lengthy stay and the hotel did a check in/check out to post charges a few days ago. This is the last of my 3 double points stay and this will cause me to lose out on about 10k in bonus points. Is it fair to ask the hotel to compensate for the missing points?
You should be ok.

The devil is in the terms and conditions: *A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
This promo is weaksauce. If no other hotel chains were running promos this plan would be great, but that's not the case. Just looking at three brand portfolios, Marriott, Hilton, and IHG, my priorities so far this year have been:
1) Earn the bulk of the bonus points available in IHG's Accelerate program by structuring a few stays appropriately [DONE]

2) Milk Hilton's January promo for 2x/3x points and 5000/stay bonus [DONE/ENDED]

3) Continue staying at Hilton properties for the 2000/night bonus and stackable credit card bonus [ONGOING]

4) Stay a few additional nights with IHG to earn the last 10k of points available in Accelerate, after having already earned the first ~30k bonus from past stays [ONGOING]

5/6) Stay at HH for 2000/night bonus and 500/stay booking bonus, after stackable credit card promo is finished.

5/6) Stay at MR for 2x base points.
So MR is tied for 5/6 place with its bonus. Pretty laughable considering I'm only looking at two of their competitors.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 3:40 pm
HCA

DP: Gold member. Already completed promotion A with 3 days/ double points. Called and unable to switch to promotion B or C.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 3:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by HCA
DP: Gold member. Already completed promotion A with 3 days/ double points. Called and unable to switch to promotion B or C.
Platinum and tried to switch from C to B. Rep said he didn't think he could switch but wanted to verify with his manager. Sure enough, was told he couldn't do it. He did say to call closer to the end of the promotion and they may be able to do something then but who knows.

Either way, ended up being a good thing the switch didn't happen. Had to spend one night at a different hotel due to northeast snow storm so that was my third double point night and my longer upcoming stay will now count towards the 20 nights which I will now hit.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 5:17 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver Premier, IHG Platinum
I didn't get an email to sign up nor see an option in my Marriott account. I called and the agent said they will sign me up for Promo A. I asked if there is Promo B or C and the agent says that there is only 1 Promo.

Anyways, I didn't look into further. Logged into my account today and noticed that I am signed up for Promo B.

Just a strange conversation with the agents. They kept saying that they could only sign me up for Promo A and that was the only Promo available.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 6:46 pm

Just finished up "A" last week. Now on to "B". I should finish that up last week in March.
Then end of April for "C".

My question, maybe it's been answered, part B, how do they award points? Nothing until you hit 20 nights? The whole 30,000 at that point? So no pro-rating.

Not really a problem for me, but I can imagine a few people might be pretty pissed off if they make it to 19 nights, then don't stay any more until the bonus is over, April 15.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by jrich7970
Just finished up "A" last week. Now on to "B". I should finish that up last week in March.
Not sure what you mean here, exactly; you're in one program, not all three.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jrich7970

My question, maybe it's been answered, part B, how do they award points? Nothing until you hit 20 nights? The whole 30,000 at that point? So no pro-rating.

Not really a problem for me, but I can imagine a few people might be pretty pissed off if they make it to 19 nights, then don't stay any more until the bonus is over, April 15.
We use A, B, and C in this thread to mean different versions of the promo, not different steps of the C version of the promo:
Promotion A
Earn double (2x) points on their first three (3) paid stays* made between January 16, 2017 and April 15, 2017

Promotion B
Earn double (2x) points on their first three (3) paid stays* made between January 16, 2017 and April 15, 2017
At the conclusion of three paid stays, the member will earn 15,000 bonus points after 10 paid nights plus an additional 1,500 bonus points for every additional paid night up to 15,000 bonus points. Maximum of 30,000 bonus points.

Promotion C
At the conclusion of three paid stays, the member will earn 30,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights plus an additional 1,500 bonus points for every additional paid night up to 15,000 bonus points. Maximum of 45,000 bonus points.
That's why people are confused by your different use of A, B, C to denote the different steps of one promo version (C).

Yes, any promo that says 30,000 points for 20 nights, they say it that way exactly because there's no pro-rating. If they wanted to pro-rate, they'd call it 1500 points per night or whatever, and just say "maximum 30,000 points". If you think about it this way, I would think it should be obvious from the language they use.

Now, having said that, I think the thing that what people are most going to be pissed off about is if they think they did 20 nights but they actually 19 (because they accidentally counted an award night or whatever). In previous rounds of MegaBonus, marriott.com would show a tracker that would clearly state how far along to 20 nights you are. But in this round of MegaBonus, it's broken, in that they only show that you "completed" the 3 double-points nights, and don't show any of the progress you make toward (the next step of) 20 nights. If they don't fix this soon, there's likely to be a lot of people pissed off that they can't easily tell how close they are to 20.

Last edited by sdsearch; Feb 11, 2017 at 9:26 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.