Wiki Posts
Search

Nights credit when spanning NYE

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2016, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL FF, Marriott LT Plat., National EA
Nights credit when spanning NYE

I am SURE that this has been asked multiple times, but I had NO luck finding it. So... How does nights credit work for a single reservation that spans over New Year's Eve? I will be staying at a Marriott property from 12/28 through 1/2. Will all 5 nights go to 2017 or will 4 go to 2016 and 1 to 2017?

Thanks!
Old Apr 19, 2018, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dsperling
I am SURE that this has been asked multiple times, but I had NO luck finding it. So... How does nights credit work for a single reservation that spans over New Year's Eve? I will be staying at a Marriott property from 12/28 through 1/2. Will all 5 nights go to 2017 or will 4 go to 2016 and 1 to 2017?

Thanks!
Since I didn't get any responses, I thought I would share what happened (albeit, a year late)!

I received 4 nights credit in 2016 and 1 night credit in 2017, so I got the rollover nights I was hoping for! (I guess with recent changes, that doesn't matter anymore.)

Cheers!
Old Apr 19, 2018, 10:25 am
alc

Actually, for 2 years in a row, I got all those nights credited only to the following year, including the one that I check-out on Jan 1, 2017. The entire stay credit as 2017 elite qualifying nights.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: Marriott, IHG, Delta, United
More just an FYI-
With SPG, a person who checked in on 12/31/16 for a one night stay, and checking out on 1/1/17, that night counted toward 2016 with SPG. I have first-hand experience with this in past years. I also remember seeing this documented in the old SPG rules.

For Marriott, the night of 12/31 to 1/1 has shown up for me as a night in the following New Year. I am not familiar with the old Marriott T&C, so I don’t know if it was supposed to work that way with Marriott, but this was also my experience.

I have no idea how the new program will work going forward, but seeing as a lot is being brought over to the new program from SPG, I could very easily see it going either way.

Old Apr 19, 2018, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alc
Actually, for 2 years in a row, I got all those nights credited only to the following year, including the one that I check-out on Jan 1, 2017. The entire stay credit as 2017 elite qualifying nights.
Hmm... All I know is that they counted in the prior year for me, so I got the double benefit thanks to roll-over nights! Apparently, YMMV!

Last edited by dsperling; Apr 19, 2018 at 10:50 am Reason: Adding

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.