Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Platinum Premier benefits / Starwood

Marriott Platinum Premier benefits / Starwood

Old Nov 21, 16, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K2MM, Marriott PP PLT
Question Marriott Platinum Premier benefits / Starwood

Hello

The status matching for Marriott Platinum to SPG Platinum seems pretty well documented ,,,

The question is any one knows of any special perks for the unpublished tier above that (Marriott Platinum Premier ) ?

Thanks
Pbr6891
Old Nov 21, 16, 4:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Not really any. This is one level that Marriott has basically blown since day #1. They should never have created the Platinum Premier tier (which is invite only) since they don't really differentiate between it & just regular Platinum. It's not like UGS w/ United. In the old days there were some bennies to PP, but they kept scaling them back. You get some small gift at the beginning of the year & you may or may not get treated better as a PP than a P. We've had a few PPs say they get more suite upgrades or better treatment. We've had others say they get jack.

Cheers.
Old Nov 21, 16, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Mid-Tier, Marriott PP/Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock View Post
Not really any. This is one level that Marriott has basically blown since day #1.

Cheers.
I concur. So far I've received zilch of extra value from my PP status. I got better upgrades as a regular
Lifetime Plat than as a Platinum Premier. As always, YMMV.
Old Nov 21, 16, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K2MM, Marriott PP PLT
thats disappointing but must say i agree .. I havent seen anything specific benefits as a PP myself recently ...
Old Nov 21, 16, 8:38 pm

Programs: United 1K; Hyatt Diamond; Marriott PP; Marriott LT PLT; AA Gold
The only benefit I have had from PP is that so many front desk agents don't know what it is thus they don't offer me a PAG and I have been able to take advantage of that a few times
Old Nov 22, 16, 1:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 2MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
As others have said, platinum premier doesn't transfer to any higher level at Starwood.

I frequently receive suite upgrades at Marriott as a Platinum Premier although its sporadic. I'm doing better, however, on suite upgrades at Starwood. I'm three for three at Starwood, and the upgrades are in place before I check in. In contrast, I usually have to ask at Marriott and even with the assistance of my Elite Concierge, I'm not necessarily "feeling it."
Old Nov 29, 16, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by milesmutt View Post
I concur. So far I've received zilch of extra value from my PP status. I got better upgrades as a regular
Lifetime Plat than as a Platinum Premier. As always, YMMV.
I stand corrected, lol. Upgraded today, without asking, to the Presidential Suite at the Monterey Marriott.

Did Mobile Check In at 1500 if it makes any difference.

It's my first suite upgrade as Platinum Premier in the ten months I've had it.
Old Nov 30, 16, 5:41 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
I think we get matched to the lowest level Platinum with Starwood no matter what level Platinum we are with Ritz or Marriott..
Old Nov 30, 16, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by milesmutt View Post
I stand corrected, lol. Upgraded today, without asking, to the Presidential Suite at the Monterey Marriott.
This is off-topic, but the Monterey Marriott has always treated me very well as an elite. I've gotten that same presidential suite upgrade four times (just the balcony is larger than most hotel rooms). And the one time, as a PP, that I didn't get the presidential suite, they upgraded me to a wonderful suite in it's own right with profuse apologies including a complimentary bottle of wine and a huge cheese and cracker plate delivered via room service.
Old Nov 30, 16, 10:24 pm

I agree.

This was the third time I got the Presidential Suite. The other two times I was just a meager Platinum, not even Lifetime.
I got the Steinbeck (?) suite a number of times as well.

Good people at this hotel.
Old Dec 7, 16, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA Plat/1.5MM, SPG P100, Marriott LTP(P, coming to you in Jan '19), Hertz Prez, CBP GE, et al
So I checked into the CY I've basically lived at for most of the past couple of months, and I almost turned down the bottle of water they were offering since I'd stopped at the store along the way from the airport. Lo and behold, my bottle says "Mr. CCIE_Flyer: Congratulations on your Platinum Premier Status!" Although nothing has changed as far as what's shown in my account. As an aside, the room I'd requested to be blocked had been unblocked and given away to someone else, so not really sure I can care about Platinum at a CY - even one where I'm very well known (or should be) - let alone PP.
Old Dec 7, 16, 6:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier Ambassador, UAL Lifetime Gold
So can one of you share with how many levels of Platinum are at SPG ?
Old Dec 8, 16, 12:12 pm

Programs: JL Premier | Marriott Platinum Elite | GE, TSA-Pre
Originally Posted by 4getofn View Post

Platinum (25 stays or 50 nights)
Platinum 75 (75 nights)
Platinum 100 (100 nights)
Old Dec 8, 16, 2:44 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by 4getofn View Post
This table neatly summarises the levels.

Lifetime Platinum (not necessarily having any stays or nights at all to requalify) : Core benefits
Platinum [the so-called 'Plat Minus'] (achieved through 25 stays) : Core benefits
Platinum, with 50 nights - additionally : choose annually one from a list of additional benefits, which include 10 Suite Night Awards
Platinum, with 75 nights - additionally : 4 points per $ spend and You24.
Platinum, with 100 nights - additionally : personal SPG Ambassador

Note that there is nothing at all publically stated in the SPG program terms that requires the higher-level Plats to be given priority treatment over the lower levels for the Core Benefits such as room upgrades. It's a hotly debated point on the SPG forum over whether they should get priority, or actually do in reality.

To this list we now need to add :
Platinum, matched from all levels of Marriott Platinum : Core Benefits

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Dec 8, 16 at 2:59 pm
Old Dec 8, 16, 7:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier Ambassador, UAL Lifetime Gold
Okay when I looked at my SPG account (which i only occasionally use) it shows me as "Platinum Perferred Guest". So what level is that ? I am a PP with Marriott with 200+ butt in bed nights .. 400 or so total ?

Search this Thread