Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Elite Room Key Cards for Sale on Ebay

Old Oct 30, 16, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

Marriott Hotels Gray Elite Room Keys as a Pair. Not only a great collectible of the hotel rewards era, but also a great item to put in a card and surprise someone special for an upcoming trip. Showing this card at resort spas, pools, etc can also gain you access to exclusive parts of the hotels. See the detailed pictures - and zoom - for more. Multiples available, and combine these with other Marriott-brand hotels to create a package of cards - let me know which brand you need and I'll see what I can create for you at a very reasonable cost to make your upcoming trip memorable. The Elite Key is something extra special to put in a card for an upcoming trip as it makes the receiver of the card even more excited for the extra benefits being elite can bring you at a Marriott property. Two cards (a pair) are included but more are available.
The guy really has a talent for writing copy, I'll give him or her that.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marriott-Hot...MAAOSwrmdTpPnF
Old Oct 30, 16, 11:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
Fraudsters often do
Old Oct 30, 16, 2:27 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Noticed the person has a bunch of other "crap" for sale including some Ritz keys.
Old Oct 30, 16, 2:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Looks like someone actually bought a Westin Key from him/her. I guess I can see including it as a prop for giving someone a trip as a gift, but saying it gives you "exclusive access" is certainly over the top.
Old Oct 30, 16, 5:21 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat (LT Plat 2.1 MM),United S, SPG P, Marriott P, Hyatt Diamond *-)-
Thanks for the link OP.
Can someone confirm if the Ritz key also gets you special access like the Marriott key? Will the special access be recognized at SPG properties too?
Old Oct 31, 16, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
It gets you that same special access as the Marriott key. Which is nothing.
Old Oct 31, 16, 8:10 am

Programs: LTP, PP
What an absurd premise. Although I bet it would be easy to crash breakfast at most FI & RI's by nonchalantly waving these around and blending in...
Old Oct 31, 16, 10:48 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta FO
Originally Posted by joshua362 View Post
What an absurd premise. Although I bet it would be easy to crash breakfast at most FI & RI's by nonchalantly waving these around and blending in...
Or by not waving anything, and blending in.
Old Oct 31, 16, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence
I can't believe someone would go through the effort of selling this to make $1.29, minus ebay fees

Someone should buy one just to get the seller's address and then sign them up for every direct mail marketing list on the planet.
Old Oct 31, 16, 12:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
And here I usually have a stash of Marriott keys that forget to turn in and occasionally drop off at another hotel rather than throw them into the waste stream. You know the darker gray with the mag stripe, the lighter gray with the mag stripe, no mag stripe, the Renn keys.

I had no idea I could get a $1 for them or that they got me anywhere in the hotel other than my room and the concierge lounge during my stay according to the code. Have I been missing something?
Old Nov 2, 16, 11:28 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marriott-Hot...MAAOSwrmdTpPnF
Amazing, never ever underestimate the intelligience of some
Old Nov 4, 16, 10:21 am

Programs: Delta FO, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Gold, Nat'l Exec, Amex Plat
Just threw a stack away this morning... Marriott, Hilton, etc. I usually keep a small pile of cards at home, which I use to make collar-stays with a punch tool. Noticed my stack was about 3 inches high, so to the trash they went. Didn't realize I could've sold people some fraudulent dreams online.
Old Nov 5, 16, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by northwest_buckeye View Post
Just threw a stack away this morning... Marriott, Hilton, etc. I usually keep a small pile of cards at home, which I use to make collar-stays with a punch tool. Noticed my stack was about 3 inches high, so to the trash they went. Didn't realize I could've sold people some fraudulent dreams online.
That's pretty funny you would go to such effort. Last I checked they were free at Nordstrom.
Old Nov 5, 16, 11:50 am

Programs: DL:360/DM/5.98 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
I have thousands (literally). I'll sell them all for $500!
Old Nov 6, 16, 7:24 am

Programs: Delta FO, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Gold, Nat'l Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SacTownGuy View Post
That's pretty funny you would go to such effort. Last I checked they were free at Nordstrom.
I don't shop at Nordstrom, and I go through a lot of collar stays. Got any more useless advice for my life?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: