Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Does Marriott offer buy-up to premium level?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does Marriott offer buy-up to premium level?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2016, 7:13 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond, UA Silver
I'm in the same boat, and am on pace to miss Platinum this year. I was surprised that in my Promotions section of the website, I was enrolled in a "Maintain Your Elite Status" offer. I must have missed the email about it. It reads "Don’t miss your chance to maintain your Platinum Elite status in 2017. Enjoy all your special privileges with just 20 more nights."
It may be worth calling MR to inquire if there is a similar offer available to you.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 10:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by derby44
Used 40,000 points last year to maintain Platinum status^
Was it worth it?
Old Oct 22, 2016, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
Thanks for eveyone's comments. Will see what happens, I guess. There is really no free time available to make up those 10 nights I'll be short.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 5:17 pm

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
If you really want to buy the nights, go with the meeting, but you've got a good chance to be given plat again - I've been the beneficiary of it before hitting my lifetime plat status, though I was about 4 or 5 nights short.

The meeting nights post pretty quickly and if you'e got a close Fairfield Inn, speak with the GM, offer him $100 for the meeting room, take a 15 minute nap, and you're set.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 6:49 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by derby44
Used 40,000 points last year to maintain Platinum status^
For those who are working towards LT status, keep in mind that any miles you used to buy back status (such as 40,000) are then deducted from your LT accumulation.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Was it worth it?
In my view, this is crucial.

Platinum v Gold has been discussed elsewhere on the board (many, many times!)

Payback 40K points v PLAT is marginal at best (especially if most of your stays are "domestically" in the States)

I'd "trust" the algorithm & roll the dice.

Whats the worst that can happen?

You're demoted to Gold & have 15 nights rollover for 2017....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.