Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Old May 10, 2018, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA GS, 1MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
If you have a car, the short drive to Kihei is well worth the trip for meals. Paia Fish Market and Kihei Caffe were two favorites of ours.
Old May 11, 2018, 6:49 am

Don't forget to walk to the Island Gourmet market, they have a great to-go kitchen and ready-made food-- since it's walkable from the resort, another advantage for the Wailea Beach Marriott.
pokee likes this.
Old May 11, 2018, 7:36 am

I appreciate all the valuable info everyone is willing to share with me here. Looks like there are many places to eat near the hotel and if you drive there are many other great food places too. Now I just wonder if I need a car during our stay. We want to go to Haleakala for sure and maybe road to Hana. Any advice?
Old May 11, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
The road to Hana, of course, requires a car and if you do it, plan on it taking a full day. Haleakala is easiest with your own car as well, although the hotel concierge could set you up with tours that go to the top--breakfast at sunrise and the bike ride back down are popular.
lincoln boy likes this.
Old May 11, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Gold, DL Medallion, MR Plat
We did both Hana and Haleakala while were staying at this resort.

We decided we didn't want to drive ourselves to Haleakala, since its a very early start and we could chill out on the bus ride up.
There are lots of good tour companies running trips, we booked through Roberts because we had a special offer from another tour we had taken.
They run multiple vans to the various hotel areas and then meet the vans at common point and get you on larger vehicles for the trip up.
Lots of different options for food/stop/cycling etc.

The road to Hana is best explored driving on your own, giving yourself the time to explore and stop where you want to. I highly
recommend the following app:

https://gypsyguide.com/tour/road-to-hana-maui/
It is a GPS guided tour of the road and give you history and points of interest, it has separate commentary depending on your direction of travel.
We ended up getting the guide for the big island as well since it was quite interesting.

Give yourself plenty of time, you will be behind somebody sightseeing more than you much of the way. I would suggest planning to be by the airport
and at the start of the road just around sunrise. The puts you at the southern end of the road around lunchtime assuming you make a few stops along
the way.

A good stop at the end on your way back is Mama's Fish house.
Old May 11, 2018, 11:44 am

Best to have your own car in Maui.
Old May 11, 2018, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by tawcan
Best to have your own car in Maui.
Uber is there, but you can often wait 15+ minutes for a ride.
Old May 11, 2018, 7:59 pm

So this is interesting. I've been messaging with the hotel regarding an upcoming stay, and I asked them about their planned Platinum breakfast policy come August 1. Their first reply was that it didn't apply to resorts. When I showed them the evidence that it does, from Marriott's own websites, they replied "we apologize for the misinformation. At this time our resort will not be offering the breakfast benefit, though we are still fine-tuning the details of the new benefits arrangement."
Old May 11, 2018, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by levman
So this is interesting. I've been messaging with the hotel regarding an upcoming stay, and I asked them about their planned Platinum breakfast policy come August 1. Their first reply was that it didn't apply to resorts. When I showed them the evidence that it does, from Marriott's own websites, they replied "we apologize for the misinformation. At this time our resort will not be offering the breakfast benefit, though we are still fine-tuning the details of the new benefits arrangement."
if this is true, it is very disappointing because I was gonna do the platinum challenge to get the platinum benefits. We plan to stay at this property for 7 nights... Can a single property violate Marriott’s policy regarding status benefits?
br the way, when do you plan on going there? I really hope they follow the published platinum status benefits.

Last edited by lincoln boy; May 11, 2018 at 10:29 pm Reason: More question
Old May 12, 2018, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by lincoln boy

if this is true, it is very disappointing because I was gonna do the platinum challenge to get the platinum benefits. We plan to stay at this property for 7 nights... Can a single property violate Marriott’s policy regarding status benefits?
br the way, when do you plan on going there? I really hope they follow the published platinum status benefits.
August 5 - 12, so less than a week after the new policy goes into affect (or not),
Old May 12, 2018, 6:01 pm

I think it's highly unlikely that any frontline employee at any individual Marriott property has a clue about a policy change that is 3 months away. More than likely they'll be handed a memo from the property manager the week before things change.
davidsc111 and Kacee like this.
Old May 29, 2018, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by levman
Just out of curiosity, who have you been messaging? DMs on twitter? Facebook? Direct email?
Old Jun 1, 2018, 12:45 pm

Is this Marriott Resort or Marriott?
Old Jun 1, 2018, 2:15 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by lincoln boy
Is this Marriott Resort or Marriott?
Resort. Actually, when you get there, it is really the Wailea Beach Hotel, a Marriott Resort property. Everything is about the Wailea Beach Hotel and less about the Marriott Brand. It could actually be changed to a Soft Brand by Marriott and no one would notice.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by carlitos
Resort. Actually, when you get there, it is really the Wailea Beach Hotel, a Marriott Resort property. Everything is about the Wailea Beach Hotel and less about the Marriott Brand. It could actually be changed to a Soft Brand by Marriott and no one would notice.
Thanks. I noticed that after August Platinum don't get free breakfast at Marriott hotel but free breakfast is offered at Marriott Resort. I will be staying at this property later this year and am platinum. That is why I asked.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.