Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Wintertiger
Just booked a 7-day stay at Wailea Beach Resort. Does Gold get free breakfast? Thanks!
Not under the current program. If you are platinum under the new program, there will be breakfast benefits. If you are gold under the new program, no.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by Wintertiger
Just booked a 7-day stay at Wailea Beach Resort. Does Gold get free breakfast? Thanks!
I too am Gold w/ 46 nights now, but will have over 50 (Platinum) by the time we visit Maui in November. Spending a few nights here so I too am interested to see what benefits are being given.

Edit: I did't see the above post a few minutes before I posted this morning.

Last edited by skw1; Jul 18, 2018 at 9:11 pm
Old Jul 18, 2018, 7:52 am

Hi all:

We are a party of 6 across 2 rooms staying for 8N in a few weeks. Looking for good (cheaper) alternatives to on-prem breakfast options. TBH, we're looking for simple things like bagels, coffee, croissants, fruit, egg sandwich, etc. We plan to stock up in room for some of it, but it would be nice to get fresh options on some days. Is there a cafe type of place on-prem that has reasonable prices? If not, any off-prem options nearby that are good options? For folks with families, what do you typically do for this? Breakfast is a meal that I would like to be quick and inexpensive!

I'm assuming all rooms have fridges?

Lastly, I have read reviews of the rooms and folks complaining about an extra person fee. Under what scenario does an extra person fee get charged?

TIA!

Last edited by gumercindo; Jul 18, 2018 at 9:23 am
Old Jul 18, 2018, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gumercindo
Hi all:

We are a party of 6 across 2 rooms staying for 8N in a few weeks. Looking for good (cheaper) alternatives to on-prem breakfast options. TBH, we're looking for simple things like bagels, coffee, croissants, fruit, egg sandwich, etc. We plan to stock up in room for some of it, but it would be nice to get fresh options on some days. Is there a cafe type of place on-prem that has reasonable prices? If not, any off-prem options nearby that are good options? For folks with families, what do you typically do for this? Breakfast is a meal that I would like to be quick and inexpensive!

Lastly, I have read reviews of the rooms and folks complaining about an extra person fee. Under what scenario does an extra person fee get charged?

TIA!
Starbucks on property or the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf in the very close by mall are my morning go-to options in that area
polyesther likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Starbucks on property or the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf in the very close by mall are my morning go-to options in that area
Starbucks on the property is ridiculously expensive. Take the 5 minutes to walk to the mall to get cheaper options.
polyesther likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tawcan
Starbucks on the property is ridiculously expensive. Take the 5 minutes to walk to the mall to get cheaper options.
IME the price difference between SB and CBTL is negligible.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 5:19 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Hi all:

TIA!

If you have a car, then Kihei is a few minutes north and has tons of stuff like that. It is also beach resort, but not many large hotels. Think more air BnB and some condo rental places so the food tends to be more normal (For Maui) priced and not OMG resort priced.

I lived in Hawaii for 6 years and went to Maui 6-8 times a year and we always came back to Kihei no matter where else we tried
Old Jul 21, 2018, 11:25 am

IME the price difference between SB and CBTL is negligible.
I would agree with this. The walk over to the grocery store at the mall is only worth it if you are looking for options Starbucks does not have (we went over for fruit bowls, yogurt, milk/cereal, and protein powder smoothies). At Starbucks we would get a breakfast sandwich, croissant, banana bread and coffees. Also, don't let the loooong line at Starbucks daunt you. It moves fast (5-10 mins) and the drinks get made fast. I would always read my emails for the day while in line.

Stocking up at the grocery store is possible, but keep in mind that the room fridge is tiny. We were able to fit a small number of drinks, small veggie/fruit trays, and cheese/meat.

We didn't have a car, so we were limited to the higher prices at the grocery store. If you have a car, I suggest stocking up on non-perishables at the Costco and Target.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 9:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver
Thanks all. I had another question about boogie boards - does the hotel have them on prem for lending out? Or is this something we should buy inexpensively once on the island? Same question goes for mask/snorkels. recommendations?
If you have car, take short ride to Kihei and rent boogie board and mask/snorkel for week cheap. I think it was $25 for the week from Snorkel Bob's. Maui Divers also carry. Have fun. The kids loved the waves and using their boogie boards
Old Jul 26, 2018, 11:21 am

Thanks! Any recommendations for first night meals? We'll be arriving at OGG at 5:30pm after a long day of travel from the east coast. I'm sure we'll just want to get to the hotel asap that day. Aside from ordering food at the resort (poolside perhaps - I know it's pricey), are there better/less expensive options near the property for a quick meal? Or is the hotel the best bet and we'll be able to find something to eat for a decent price?

FWIW, we plan on hitting Monkey Pod later that week.,
Old Jul 26, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Thanks! Any recommendations for first night meals? We'll be arriving at OGG at 5:30pm after a long day of travel from the east coast. I'm sure we'll just want to get to the hotel asap that day. Aside from ordering food at the resort (poolside perhaps - I know it's pricey), are there better/less expensive options near the property for a quick meal? Or is the hotel the best bet and we'll be able to find something to eat for a decent price?

I would eat in Kahului prior to leaving the area around the airport or stop in Kihei on the way down. Once you get to Wailea there is nothing but giant overpriced resorts for the most part.

I haven't lived in Hawaii in a few years and doubtful any of my old haunts are still in business, even if I could remember them anyway. Most involved "Go down this alley..."
Old Jul 26, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: Amex MR, SPG, Aeroplan
The island grocery in Shops at Wailea is open late and has decent selection of food even after 7pm. Prices might not be Costco-style, but still much cheaper than anything at resort. And no car required, just walk across parking lot. The shop itself is facing resort parking lot. I found resort "kitchin" outrageous in price (and this is coming from someone who apprecited dinner in Four Seasons down the beach).

I had another question about boogie boards - does the hotel have them on prem for lending out? Or is this something we should buy inexpensively once on the island
Just came back, rentals are $25 at resort, but the expensive plaza behind is selling them for $15 (ABC store in plaza). At that price, I'm not sure even drive to Kihei is worth it.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 3:33 pm

I would wait and eat at your hotel. (We had a heck of a time finding a decent place to eat by OGG...we have picky eaters and there were no real chain restaurants near the area - unless you count the Pizza Hut at Target! LOL)

We arrived quite late (around 9pm) and were starving and exhausted by the time we got to the hotel. We ordered room service when we arrived, and it was money well-spent. We relaxed and enjoyed our room on our first night there!
Old Jul 27, 2018, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maui Brewing!!! Liquid calories.
controller1 likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 7:23 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Maui Brewing!!! Liquid calories.
... actually, the food and vibe are quite good. And, if you are on Rewards Network dining program, Three's Bar in Kihei will put you in an Island frame of mind while earning a few miles.

Off topic: O'o Farms upcountry in Kula combines a tour where you pick your salad for a goumet lunch. Not cheap, but worth every penny, IMHO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.