Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page > Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa Maui

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa Maui

Old Oct 18, 17, 9:50 am

Hi all: looking to use some Marriott points for a 7N stay with a family of 5 next summer. Since we're such a big party, I'm focusing on booking a suite with points. I see that RC Kapalua has that option but the Marriott Wailea does not have an option of booking a suite for reward stay. How likely are they to release some suites for booking with points over time? I'm a Gold but don't want to take a chance of booking a garden view room with the hope and prayer that they'd upgrade us to a suite. hah.

thoughts?
Old Oct 18, 17, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by gumercindo View Post
Hi all: looking to use some Marriott points for a 7N stay with a family of 5 next summer. Since we're such a big party, I'm focusing on booking a suite with points. I see that RC Kapalua has that option but the Marriott Wailea does not have an option of booking a suite for reward stay. How likely are they to release some suites for booking with points over time? I'm a Gold but don't want to take a chance of booking a garden view room with the hope and prayer that they'd upgrade us to a suite. hah.

thoughts?
I've had my eye on reward stays there for nearly a year now, and I have never seen a suite upgrade option for a reward (only the partial ocean view).

Having said that, I was only ever checking one or two certain times a year, so it's possible they may release them for other times.
Old Oct 19, 17, 10:06 am

Programs: AC, DL, Marriott, SPG, Fairmont, Best Western
What to expect at this resort in terms of events during new year's eve ? Are guests going to be forced to pay for a special gala dinner, even if staying on an award ?
Old Oct 19, 17, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by pokee View Post
I've had my eye on reward stays there for nearly a year now, and I have never seen a suite upgrade option for a reward (only the partial ocean view).

Having said that, I was only ever checking one or two certain times a year, so it's possible they may release them for other times.
I even called the hotel - no dice. I think my strategy will be to book 2 standard rooms for 8N. I'll use the F&H package for one of the rooms. I'm assuming there is plenty to do there for 8N?
Old Oct 19, 17, 10:30 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, MR LP, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
I even called the hotel - no dice. I think my strategy will be to book 2 standard rooms for 8N. I'll use the F&H package for one of the rooms. I'm assuming there is plenty to do there for 8N?
I'm sure suites are available for booking, so if the price isn't too high then maybe just save your points and pay for the suite. You could also call the hotel, tell them you've got two standard rooms booked on points, and see if they could move you into a suite instead (for the same number of points).

As to whether or not there is plenty to do "there" for eight nights, if you mean at the resort then no, but if you mean on Maui then absolutely yes.
Old Oct 20, 17, 6:18 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
I think my 7 year old didn't stop going up and down the water slide for about 8 days so I think certain guests could be content not leaving the resort for a stay that long.
Old Oct 20, 17, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman View Post
I'm sure suites are available for booking, so if the price isn't too high then maybe just save your points and pay for the suite. You could also call the hotel, tell them you've got two standard rooms booked on points, and see if they could move you into a suite instead (for the same number of points).

As to whether or not there is plenty to do "there" for eight nights, if you mean at the resort then no, but if you mean on Maui then absolutely yes.
Yeah, I'm looking at ~$7k+ for a suite. Or, the other approach is 560k Marriott points for 2 standard rooms with the hope that they would upgrade me to a suite upon check-in. But, that's a lot of points...
Old Oct 20, 17, 2:14 pm

Yeah, I'm looking at ~$7k+ for a suite. Or, the other approach is 560k Marriott points for 2 standard rooms with the hope that they would upgrade me to a suite upon check-in. But, that's a lot of points...
The rates there are HIGH. For my 6 night stay in March, it would've cost me $3600 US (not including the resort fee, which I need to pay regardless). That's like $4500+ CAD. In points it cost me 200K. That's great value for a hotel award!

Can you squeeze all of you in one with a rollaway - and then hope for any sort of upgrade when you arrive (even if you have to pay the difference)? I did 5 in a double queen at the Marco Island Marriott - 2 teens, 1 kid and two adults...that was fun!

Last edited by pokee; Oct 20, 17 at 2:20 pm
Old Oct 20, 17, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by pokee View Post
The rates there are HIGH. For my 6 night stay in March, it would've cost me $3600 US (not including the resort fee, which I need to pay regardless). That's like $4500+ CAD. In points it cost me 200K. That's great value for a hotel award!

Can you squeeze all of you in one with a rollaway - and then hope for any sort of upgrade when you arrive (even if you have to pay the difference)? I did 5 in a double queen at the Marco Island Marriott - 2 teens, 1 kid and two adults...that was fun!
I've thought about trying the squeeze with a roll away but could not risk getting there only for the hotel to tell us "nope, sorry". 8N in a standard room is a LONG time with a 11/8/2 year old. lol
Old Nov 10, 17, 11:10 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Platinum, UA Silver, DL Crossover
Plat welcome gift at this property is a choice of $10 food&beverage credit or 500 points, has an Alan Wong restaurant
Old Nov 11, 17, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Refugeeist
Originally Posted by msp3 View Post
Plat welcome gift at this property is a choice of $10 food&beverage credit or 500 points
That's the Plat welcome gift at all Marriotts* in the U.S. and Canada. It's in the program T&C.

*Specifically: JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection®, Renaissance® Hotels, Marriott® Hotels, Gaylord Hotels, Delta Hotels®
Old Nov 11, 17, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, MR LP, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Plat welcome gift at this property is a choice of $10 food&beverage credit or 500 points, has an Alan Wong restaurant
Also, I'm pretty sure it's a Roy Yamaguchi restaurant.
Old Nov 12, 17, 10:23 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Platinum, UA Silver, DL Crossover
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman View Post
Also, I'm pretty sure it's a Roy Yamaguchi restaurant.
Pardon me yes you’re right. For some reason Alan Wong was on my mind...
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
That's the Plat welcome gift at all Marriotts* in the U.S. and Canada. It's in the program T&C.
First stay as Plat please go easy on me 😌. I thought other then the 500 points the other choice varies depending on property? Like you get a bottle of something
Old Nov 12, 17, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Refugeeist
I thought other then the 500 points the other choice varies depending on property? Like you get a bottle of something
You're perhaps thinking of properties outside the U.S. or Canada. In the U.S. or Canada, it is "500 bonus points or $10 Food & Beverage credit." Guaranteed Platinum Arrival Gift
Old Nov 15, 17, 11:46 am

Programs: AC, DL, Marriott, SPG, Fairmont, Best Western
Exclamation

Resort fee increasing to $35 starting from December 1st, and it does NOT include self-parking ($25 extra)

Search this Thread