Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2002, 7:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Just curious, Is this Makapu Wing something that they would upgrade plats too? What might be the best possible u/g a Plat might expect at the Ren Wailea? Any hints on what to ask for?
Old Jan 12, 2002, 7:11 am

For those of you who are paying, there was an offer in the Dec. statement for $199 a night (promo bookin code M11).
Old Jan 12, 2002, 12:25 pm

$199 for standard or Mokapu rooms? Thanks
Old Jan 12, 2002, 1:19 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I checked the website and found M11 offers for all the other Marriott/Renaissance in Hawaii but not for the Renaissance Wailea..
Old Jan 12, 2002, 2:24 pm

The M11 rate is capacity controlled. Check other dates if you have flexibility. Or, check one day at a time rather than a span of days
Old Jan 12, 2002, 2:47 pm
Original Member

I just booked a M11 yesterday. It was $199 terrace view,$219 garden view, $249 oceanview,
$309 Mokapu. (A March date)
Old Jan 14, 2002, 9:41 pm

I stayed in November for 1 night on a Priceline stay. Fine room in the wing past the Japanese restaurant (can't remember the name). I would say this would be the place of choice for me. Quiet atmostphere, not near as zany as the Outrigger or Grand Wailea. Good facilities/beach, fantastic lobby area.

If you're interested this place can be gotten pretty reliably on Priceline for $140 per night.
Old Jan 14, 2002, 10:15 pm

The beach club is just average. I wouldn't pay the extra, the breakfest gets a little boring after 3 days. But if you do stay in the beach club ask for the first floor. Rooms need remodleling.This place was the old Stoffers hotel, small pools old rooms, but nice staff.
Old Jan 15, 2002, 4:57 am

I just rebooked using the $199 M11 rate. This will earn pts/stay credits right?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by billhallNY:
I just booked a M11 yesterday. It was $199 terrace view,$219 garden view, $249 oceanview,
$309 Mokapu. (A March date)
</font>
Old Jan 21, 2002, 8:22 pm

Location: MCI. AA Plat, UA PrmEx., Mrrtt Gold, Hz Pres.Circle, HHonors Gold
Renaissance Wailea in Sept 02

We are going to be in Maui in Sept 02 and are considering the Renaissance Wailea. (My fiance wants to stay at Grand Wailea, but I'm hoping to talk her out of having us pay $450/night to stay there.) Right now, award rooms are available, so we may do a 4-night/95,000 point stay. The other option is to book a M11 Makapu stay for $299/night (it is also available for our dates).

I've read a lot of the old threads about this hotel pre-construction. It sounds like the construction is finished. Can anyone who has stayed at the hotel recently give a review - information about the Makapu area vs. a regular ocean-view would be appreciated. Does the Makapu area provide breakfast? Will the hotel give me any sort of upgrade or other perk for Gold status? Are the Makapu rooms larger?

Finally, how far is this hotel from other Wailea properties such as Grand Wailea?
Old Jan 22, 2002, 1:34 am

We stayed here around Labor Day weekend last year. There wasn't any construction during our stay. Can't tell you mcuh about the Mokapu area as we stayed in the Makai Wing of the hotel, but the private lanai was nice.

The Mokapu wing does give you complimentary breakfast.

The hotel is along the main strip of resort hotels in Wailea, and is only about a quarter-mile down the road from Grand Wailea.

Be careful driving at night from Kahului Airport; try to get some good directions your first time out. The 2-lane highways are not well-lit for some part of the way.

Last edited by ntamayo; Nov 3, 2004 at 2:11 pm Reason: typos
Old Jan 22, 2002, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The construction is still going on (14 houses), but most of the earth moving noise and grime is over. It will probably be totally over by your stay. The RW is the northern most hotel of 5 hotels. The Grand Wailea is in the middle with the Kea Lani (30 min walk) at the south. The Grand Wailea is approx a 15 minute walk using the very nice walkway along the ocean or the noisier roadway sidewalk. It is far plushier, far larger and far more expensive.

MisterNice

[This message has been edited by MisterNice (edited 01-22-2002).]
Old Jan 22, 2002, 2:37 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/001346.html
Old Jan 22, 2002, 11:14 pm

I'll be there this weekend.. I'll be posting a trip report to AnnaBanana's thread next week.. if you have any questions.. please post or email me..
Old Jan 23, 2002, 12:18 pm

Location: MCI. AA Plat, UA PrmEx., Mrrtt Gold, Hz Pres.Circle, HHonors Gold
Update: I called the hotel directly to get more information about Makapu vs. the regular rooms. Aside from all of the details already posted here about the location, service, etc., the hotel now includes two full buffet breakfasts with each Makapu room (not continental breakfasts).

From what I've heard and read, this buffet is pretty phenomenal.

I went ahead and booked the award stay, paying $120/night to upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.