Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 23, 2017, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Melodsal
Hotel email: [email protected]
Club lounge email: [email protected]
Concierge email: [email protected]

Hat tip to: elephentravels

"For platinum members, there's a weekly management cocktail on wednesdays, drinks (wine, beer, mojito, hard liquor) and some pretty good amuse bouche provided. It seems that only a few of the platinum members will receive the "invite", but if anyone is there on wednesday nights, try your luck at the club lounge to RSVP for the event."
Print Wikipost

Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by LF72
Going to Bangkok in February. Right now I'm booked for a five night stay in the JW. Based on these recent postings, I may change. Thoughts?
Since you can hold the reservation for now without penalty, JW is supposed to have just finished their renovations and someone who post here regularly is going to the hotel soon, you may want to wait until we hear a trip report before making a final decision. In the meantime it would not hurt to hold other reservations as backups. A few questions. Is this your first trip? Are you someone who cares more about upgrades, the concierge lounge, or being able to easily return to your room throughout the day?
Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by CJKatl

Since you can hold the reservation for now without penalty, JW is supposed to have just finished their renovations and someone who post here regularly is going to the hotel soon, you may want to wait until we hear a trip report before making a final decision. In the meantime it would not hurt to hold other reservations as backups. A few questions. Is this your first trip? Are you someone who cares more about upgrades, the concierge lounge, or being able to easily return to your room throughout the day?
Appreciate the questions. For me, having a pool with sun access is important, since I'm coming from a European winter. Breakfast for a platinum is relatively important and access to transportation, either public or private is key.

Yes, first trip to Bangkok. Spending five days there before heading down to Phuket.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 4:39 pm

All the FS Marriott properties provide breakfast for Plats, either in the lounge or the restaurant. Bangkok lounge breakfasts are very nice, very big and quieter than the restaurant. so that is a wash in your decision.

The Ren only has an indoor pool (someone recently corrected me on this!) and the JW's pool is sun-challenged most of the day. Queen's park has the biggest and sunniest pool. Unfortunately, transportation is an issue at that hotel, especially for a first trip IMO. While the FS is a little farther from the tourist areas, it is a minute from a BTS station and an easy ride everywhere. The pool is sunny. Plats usually get an UG to a two room suite with an awesome bathroom and another half bath. The neighborhood is less touristy. It's actually a neighborhood. That might be your best bet, IMO.

All the choices are good. You cannot go wrong. Enjoy your trip. And, BTW, in Bangkok public transportation is very convenient. It's usually the best choice because you avoid traffic.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
For me, having a pool with sun access is important, since I'm coming from a European winter. Breakfast for a platinum is relatively important and access to transportation, either public or private is key.
You should consider the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit (SGS).
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CJKatl

The Ren only has an indoor pool (someone recently corrected me on this!) and the JW's pool is sun-challenged most of the day. Queen's park has the biggest and sunniest pool. Unfortunately, transportation is an issue at that hotel, especially for a first trip IMO.
Contrary to what many people here say, I didn't find transportation to be an issue at the Queen's Park location. A <5 minute walk through a nice park to the BTS. I suppose it could be an issue outside of park hours or in a raging storm, but taxis are always an option. And even the walk down Soi 22 is not THAT long if the park is closed. That said, the QP and Courtyard are probably the longest walks to public transportation among the Bangkok Marriotts.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 4:41 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
I'll add to the overall praise for this hotel. Staying here now using my Fall Megabonus free night cert - (AAA rate was 5,000 THB++ for tonight) - and this place rocks.

Plat upgrade to a suite in the North Tower. Originally I thought this was not the most desirable location but the North Tower elevators are the closest to the approach from Sukhumvit.

M Lounge offered an afternoon tea set menu which consisted of two mini-scones with clotted cream/blueberry jam, salmon finger sandwich, pumpkin bread, and beverages.

Facilities are in excellent condition, service has been terrific, looking forward to breakfast tomorrow morning. Added bonus: it's within 3 minutes walk of one of my favorite hangouts, the No Idea gastropub.

An excellent use of my free night cert. For those who have commented that it's "too far" down Soi 22....it's between 5-10 minutes walk for me and that's not taking the park "shortcut".

Recommended, definitely.
Going to Bangkok in February. Right now I'm booked for a five night stay in the JW. Based on these recent postings, I may change. Thoughts?
Recommended, definitely! The service, rooms, and amenities are much better than the JW Marriott - have spent 150 nights at the JWM and around 25 nights at this BKK Marriott Marquis.

However, the service at the lounge has slipped since our last stay. The original staff (such as Oil, Tipy, and others) are still excellent, but my impression of the new staffers is they are very lazy. The other night, I had to call 3 times for a drink to no avail until I spotted Khun Oil who promptly served me my favorite libation. Goji remains formidable with excellent service and delicious offerings. Pagoda, however, lacks in terms of service - more on that later. Management is also very accommodating and excellent in their dealing with guests. We were invited to attend the 37th floor ABar venues and were treated to awesome service, spectacular views, and comped food and signature drinks from Akira Sushi place on the 37th floor. All in all we concluded our 6 nights stays here very happy.

Bagel station at Goji breakfast
Old Jan 9, 2018, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by Kalboz
However, the service at the lounge has slipped since our last stay. The original staff (such as Oil, Tipy, and others) are still excellent, but my impression of the new staffers is they are very lazy.
Sorry to hear this.

Originally Posted by Kalboz

Bagel station at Goji breakfast
Am I the only one who finds that bagel holder odd?
Old Jan 10, 2018, 2:55 am

Does anyone know what the benefits are for gold members in this hotel? What's the chance of getting an upgrade to a suite?
Old Jan 10, 2018, 3:27 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
1. Read the recent posts in this thread and
2. Read the hotel info listed in the International Sticky

As to a suite, get in the que. There are those who actually paid for suites along with X5s, X4s and P6s before they get to X1s as the comp suite guarantee is limited to P6s and above and further limited to 3-nights or less
Originally Posted by cha9896
Does anyone know what the benefits are for gold members in this hotel? What's the chance of getting an upgrade to a suite?

Last edited by Srisarin; Jan 10, 2018 at 3:33 am
Old Jan 10, 2018, 5:18 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by cha9896
If this is redemption stay you can completely forget about upgrades. The attitude of the Lounge staff is very bad when I asked for upgrades on my redemption stay and they simply said that is for paying customers.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 6:55 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by NoviceFT;29273765[b
]If this is redemption stay you can completely forget about upgrades. The attitude of the Lounge staff is very bad when I asked for upgrades on my redemption stay and they simply said that is for paying customers.
This is factually incorrect. It may be because I'm a Plat but I received an upgrade to a suite on a recent Megabonus cert redemption. YMMV.
CJKatl and happygolucky_nomad like this.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 8:24 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott / SPG PLAT Premier, USELESS Accor Plus PLAT
This is factually incorrect. It may be because I'm a Plat but I received an upgrade to a suite on a recent Megabonus cert redemption. YMMV.
Same here. I received a Suite upgrade using the Megabonus Cert redemption few days ago as a Plat.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 9:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
In fact, I believe the standard Plat upgrade is to the M Suite, regardless whether the stay is paid, award, or cert. I felt the Plat recognition here was outstanding.

As a Gold, I would never expect an upgrade beyond executive floor from any Marriott.
happygolucky_nomad likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 12:23 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
I am looking at a stay here and will need a room for 3 which seems to be no problem (Teenage Daughter with us) and does not seem to attract additional charges when booking online with points. Does anyone have info on having a third person in the room as a PLT in respect of charges for the lounge?
Old Jan 13, 2018, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
I am looking at a stay here and will need a room for 3 which seems to be no problem (Teenage Daughter with us) and does not seem to attract additional charges when booking online with points. Does anyone have info on having a third person in the room as a PLT in respect of charges for the lounge?
I was just there last week and I do recall in the welcome letter outlining benefits there were additional charges listed for an extra person beyond 2 - for breakfast and evening cocktails. I think it was 500 bhat.

The extra charge was not per day but per each visit during breakfast and evening cocktails. So if you wanted to have her join you for breakfast it was 500 bhat and the later in the evening it would be another 500 bhat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.