Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz/Marriott/SPG link

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2016, 11:54 pm

Would somebody care to please enlighten me about the RC Rewards programm versus Marriott?

I'm an SPG Plat 50 and I do have a Marriott account with some points earned on a previous RC stay. What's the exact difference between RC and Marriott programm for guests with focus on RC stays? Would I be better off to link my SPG with a RC account? Or is a Marriott account matched from SPG Plat via the linking already sufficient to enjoy elite benefits at RC properties?
Old Sep 23, 2016, 12:15 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Epicura
Would somebody care to please enlighten me about the RC Rewards programm versus Marriott?

I'm an SPG Plat 50 and I do have a Marriott account with some points earned on a previous RC stay. What's the exact difference between RC and Marriott programm for guests with focus on RC stays? Would I be better off to link my SPG with a RC account? Or is a Marriott account matched from SPG Plat via the linking already sufficient to enjoy elite benefits at RC properties?
Ritz-Carlton and Marriott Rewards are basically the same, just what sort of marketing materials you get. Your Marriott side account is either Marriott or Ritz-Carlton, so link appropriately from the SPG side.

If you want to do all your stays at Ritz-Carlton, call up Marriott and get it changed from Ritz-Carlton to Marriott. Everything stays the same except you get Ritz-Carlton's emails and promos from now on. I just did earlier today.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 12:16 am
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Announcing Starwood + Marriott — Link Your Rewards and SPG Accounts

This is the day, and you’re one of the first to know — the Marriott and Starwood merger is now complete! Our loyalty programs remain separate, but new experiences are waiting as far as your imagination can reach.

You can unlock a world of opportunities by linking your Marriott Rewards or Ritz Carlton Rewards account with your SPG account. Think new destinations, like Santorini to Bora Bora. Exciting ways to use your points, like luxury shopping. And you’ll instantly enjoy two new advantages:
-Elite status match
-Points transfers between the programs

To see full details and link your accounts (or enroll if you’re not already a member), visit members.marriott.com.

And rest assured, nothing changes with your Marriott Rewards or Ritz-Carlton Rewards account. Your benefits, elite status and existing reservations remain the same. And you can book, stay, earn and redeem just as usual. We still don’t anticipate launching a newly combined program until 2018.

We’re excited for you! And we’re here to help answer any questions that you have regarding today’s news. Here’s to a new beginning – together.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 12:24 am

Programs: Mileageplus, Aadvantage
Just linked my accounts. But SPG Gold is nothing to cheer about unless you are a platinum.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 12:25 am

It's already posted here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-spg-link.html
Old Sep 23, 2016, 12:30 am

The working website is https://www.marriott.com/marriott-re...my-accounts.mi. The website: http://members.marriott.com/link-accounts/ does not appear working at the moment with a mesage "COMING SOON".
Old Sep 23, 2016, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by msp3
Ritz-Carlton and Marriott Rewards are basically the same, just what sort of marketing materials you get. Your Marriott side account is either Marriott or Ritz-Carlton, so link appropriately from the SPG side.

If you want to do all your stays at Ritz-Carlton, call up Marriott and get it changed from Ritz-Carlton to Marriott. Everything stays the same except you get Ritz-Carlton's emails and promos from now on. I just did earlier today.
To piggy back off of this, does that mean RC Gold gets free breakfast/lounge access (edit: at select Marriott properties) and RC Platinum gets UA Silver?
Old Sep 23, 2016, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by msp3

Thanks so much! Will do.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 12:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat Ambo, HH Gold, Marriott VC AP Owner, AA Plat, UA Silver
Please explain the basis for only matching Marriott Platinums (requiring 75 nights) to SPG Platinum 25 Stay Status rather than SPG Platinum 50 Night Status. How is it fair to deny Marriott Platinums the ability to use SPG Suite Night Awards given that Marriott Platinum requires 25 more nights than SPG Platinum 50 Night Status?

Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge
This is the day, and you’re one of the first to know — the Marriott and Starwood merger is now complete! Our loyalty programs remain separate, but new experiences are waiting as far as your imagination can reach.

You can unlock a world of opportunities by linking your Marriott Rewards or Ritz Carlton Rewards account with your SPG account. Think new destinations, like Santorini to Bora Bora. Exciting ways to use your points, like luxury shopping. And you’ll instantly enjoy two new advantages:
-Elite status match
-Points transfers between the programs

To see full details and link your accounts (or enroll if you’re not already a member), visit members.marriott.com.

And rest assured, nothing changes with your Marriott Rewards or Ritz-Carlton Rewards account. Your benefits, elite status and existing reservations remain the same. And you can book, stay, earn and redeem just as usual. We still don’t anticipate launching a newly combined program until 2018.

We’re excited for you! And we’re here to help answer any questions that you have regarding today’s news. Here’s to a new beginning – together.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 1:04 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by blahmeh14
The status match seems a bit lopsided in favor of SPG, right? For the 50+ nights it takes to get Marriott Gold we only get matched to an equivalent SPG tier that requires 25 nights? It also looks like the SPG Gold tier doesn't include lounge access/breakfast.

Still, I really like that the range of properties that will acknowledge Marriott status just grew significantly! Some status is definitely better than no status at all! ^

looks like I won't be staying at any SPG, I like my free breakfast.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 1:12 am

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Never mind. I see point conversions in the Marriott thread. Looks like 1:3 SPG:Marriott

Last edited by chicaloca453; Sep 23, 2016 at 1:25 am
Old Sep 23, 2016, 1:13 am

This is pretty incredible.

A Category 9 for Marriott with SPG points is 15k. There are effectively vacation club/2 bedroom/3 bedroom hotels you can get with 5th night free for 170-180k for 5 nights - which is 56-60k SPG points. Talk about incredible...

This has changed the game. Especially for families.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 1:22 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Does the match also extend to lifetime status?

Hmm, just looked at the FAQ, this does not sound good for an SPG Lifetime Plat:

If I have Lifetime Status in one of the programs, will I also get it in the other program when I link my accounts?
We appreciate your loyalty! Lifetime Status is specific to the program that you earned it in. While linking accounts will not result in Lifetime Status in the other program, your Elite status will be matched to the same Elite tier in the other program. Any existing Lifetime Status you already hold within either program will still be enjoyed within that program. We’re working on more ways to recognize your loyalty and Lifetime Status as we work towards harmonizing the programs, which we don’t anticipate happening until 2018.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 1:22 am

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by blahmeh14
The status match seems a bit lopsided in favor of SPG, right? For the 50+ nights it takes to get Marriott Gold we only get matched to an equivalent SPG tier that requires 25 nights (or less, since you can also qualify with just 10 one-night stays)? It also looks like the SPG Gold tier doesn't include lounge access/breakfast.

Still, I really like that the range of properties that will acknowledge Marriott status just grew significantly! Some status is definitely better than no status at all! ^
I'm honestly not sure how one-sided it is. With Marriott there were what 3x as many properties as SPG? That smaller footprint makes 75 nights at a SPG property much more difficult. People who traveled to small and medium markets (Tifton, GA anyone) do not have an SPG option. So it seems fair that one can conceivably make SPG Platinum with 1/3 the number of nights if done on stays with 1/3 the hotel options.

What I wonder is whether or not the SPG resorts will adopt the Marriott policy of not offering breakfast or if it will remain status quo.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 1:35 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by chicaloca453
I'm honestly not sure how one-sided it is. With Marriott there were what 3x as many properties as SPG? That smaller footprint makes 75 nights at a SPG property much more difficult. People who traveled to small and medium markets (Tifton, GA anyone) do not have an SPG option. So it seems fair that one can conceivably make SPG Platinum with 1/3 the number of nights if done on stays with 1/3 the hotel options.

What I wonder is whether or not the SPG resorts will adopt the Marriott policy of not offering breakfast or if it will remain status quo.
Perhaps in 2017 I can do 25 nights (I know it's stays but I could try to do one night stays) at SPG and still get Marriott Platinum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.