Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz/Marriott/SPG link

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2017, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by jimboski93
*Update*
I called Marriott and was told that they are no longer matching SPG Gold status if that status was earned through a promotion or through a credit card (Amex Platinum).

I'd like to hear if anyone else was in the same boat (Amex Platinum -> SPG and Marriott Gold) and if they've also been downgraded by Marriott.

SPG gold via AMEX platinum at merger, Marriott status upgraded to gold at link. Signed up for the Platinum challenge, second-guessing myself afterwards as Marriott Platinum didn't seem to really have a lot more benefit than occasional upgrades; was more concerned about SPG Platinum benefits like breakfast. If they've downgraded AMEX card holders via SPG gold, guess I made the right decision!
Old Mar 7, 2017, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by jimboski93
*Update*
I called Marriott and was told that they are no longer matching SPG Gold status if that status was earned through a promotion or through a credit card (Amex Platinum).

I'd like to hear if anyone else was in the same boat (Amex Platinum -> SPG and Marriott Gold) and if they've also been downgraded by Marriott.
That's interesting, it could just be a misinformed CSR. I have SPG Gold through Amex Plat (Canada) and matched to Marriott Gold last month. I enrolled in the Platinum Challenge and completed my first stay last week. I checked my account online and the points are posted, more importantly my status is still showing as Gold.

I find the agents at Marriott Rewards Insiders more helpful, perhaps you can reach out to one of the mods and see if they can link/match your accounts.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
What happens if we don't eventually link accounts? I can't seem to get either side to be willing to swap my first and middle names (I have two middle names and only one shows on my government-issued documents, but I use the other for work). One is ABC the other is BAC, but both sides say they can't help. Am I out of luck?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.