Courtyard Flagstaff, AZ

Old Aug 8, 16, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Courtyard Flagstaff, AZ

Stay Report - 8/4 - 8/5

Location: The hotel is located on Milton Road which is at the terminus of I-17 and AZ-89A. It's a few blocks from the Northern Arizona University campus and a mile or so from beautiful downtown Flagstaff. Around the hotel are some chain restaurants, a grocery store and a Walmart. FLG Airport is about 10 minutes away, Phoenix is a 2.5 hour drive.

Hotel: The hotel is an older property and it does feel that way a little. They are scheduled for a renovation in the fall, but until then this is actually a Bistro-less Courtyard! There is a nice enough bar in the lobby as well as the breakfast area and outside is a small fire pit area. Parking is free and ample.

Check In: A very friendly and helpful agent handled it and explained how the Wifi and breakfast (which was included in my rate) would work. An excellent experience.

Room: We were greeted by a strong odor of marijuana badly covered up with air freshener when we walked in...welcome to Flagstaff! The room was nice enough and it did have a desk but the tiny closet next to the TV wasn't worth much. Thankfully the Wifi worked well and there were outlets near the bed. Pretty much all I need, including a free contact high!

Breakfast: Hot items included eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, blintzes and an omelet bar plus pastries, cereal and breads. Not a bad spread but probably not worth the $11.95 they charge, I was glad it was included in my rate.

My rate was $159 with the AAA discount (summer in Flagstaff). I'd be glad to return to this hotel but I'm glad it's getting a refresh in the fall.
Old Aug 9, 16, 8:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the trip report. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Aug 9, 16, 7:23 pm

Programs: Several
I stayed here one time using a free night cert over summer. It amazes me how much some of these Flagstaff hotels can charge over the summer months.

Regardless though, I've stayed at almost all of the chain hotels around Flagstaff for quick weekend getaways and found this hotel to be one of the best. Despite the location near major highways, it was relatively quiet.

The Hilton Garden Inn did give me a few free drink vouchers though back when I was a Silver member, so there is some tough competition
Old Aug 9, 16, 9:23 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta FO
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
...this is actually a Bistro-less Courtyard!
Didn't know there were any left. Wonder if they have the free coffee urns in the lobby also?
Old Aug 9, 16, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ohmark View Post
Didn't know there were any left. Wonder if they have the free coffee urns in the lobby also?
According to a friend who works at Marriott there are about 40 of these such CYs left. And yes, there were free coffee urns in the lobby.
Old Apr 19, 17, 6:37 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Marriott Rewards Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, TK M&S Elite
I stay at this Courtyard regularly...It does not have a bistro though there is talk of a major remodel in late 2017 which would include installing a bistro. Rooms are decent. But some oddities:

1.) All the rooms are built to hold a 3.2 cu. ft. bar fridge but have installed a tiny 1.6 cu. ft. mini-fridge

2.) Most of the rooms DO NOT have microwaves, the five suites at the hotel do have microwaves

3.) Lots of MR elites stay here and the suites are highly prized.

BTW two new Marriott's are coming to Flagstaff.

1.) Residence Inn Downtown Flagstaff
If all goes according to the plan of the owners, Whiting Brothers Investment Company, the new Flagstaff Marriott Residence Inn, a 110-room, four-story hotel with 112 surface parking spaces, will emerge by spring 2017 at the formal address, 100 N. Humphreys St.

Construction continues on this property with likely opening in June 2017

http://azdailysun.com/news/local/bui...9f64bb0e9.html

2.) Fairfield Inn - Fairfield Inn & Suites

1000 N. Country Club Drive, Flagstaff, AZ

Project Description: New construction of a 99-room, 4-story hotel with an in-door pool and spa

Completion Date: July 2017

http://www.tofelconstruction.com/Fai...Flagstaff.html
Old Apr 20, 17, 9:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Apr 20, 17, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by shawn67 View Post

BTW two new Marriott's are coming to Flagstaff.

1.) Residence Inn Downtown Flagstaff
If all goes according to the plan of the owners, Whiting Brothers Investment Company, the new Flagstaff Marriott Residence Inn, a 110-room, four-story hotel with 112 surface parking spaces, will emerge by spring 2017 at the formal address, 100 N. Humphreys St.

Construction continues on this property with likely opening in June 2017

http://azdailysun.com/news/local/bui...9f64bb0e9.html
Just two blocks from Diablo Burger and three from Amtrak.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: