Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Which Vegas Marriott will allow Platinum late checkout

Old Jul 20, 16, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-gold(MM); Marriott-Lifetime Titanium Elite; Hilton-Gold; Hyatt & MLife-Platinum, RCI-Diamond

I have a 10 pm sunday flight home. I heard the Marriott's Grand Cheateu says no to anyone asking for a late checkout. Would welcome others who have had experience with other Marriotts.
Old Jul 20, 16, 1:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
How much are you willing to beg and to wait until the last minute to have any late checkout request confirmed?
Old Jul 20, 16, 1:11 pm

how late is late? Often whenever i ask for late, i can get an extra hour without a problem
Old Jul 20, 16, 1:30 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ChurningMan View Post
how late is late? Often whenever i ask for late, i can get an extra hour without a problem
A PP should get to at least 4 pm, but good luck getting any late checkout at all desite the guarantee. I've been told that late checkout is unavailable (as a PP published benefit) but would be available for $99.
Old Jul 20, 16, 1:31 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Starwood (Plat) and every other US program
Grand Chateau is a timeshare, so the guarantee doesn't apply. I think every other Vegas property is "convention" so the guarantee doesn't apply.
Old Jul 20, 16, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
I usually get kinda late checkout from the Vegas Marriott - 3:00 PM or so.
Old Jul 20, 16, 9:35 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
A PP should get to at least 4 pm, but good luck getting any late checkout at all desite the guarantee. I've been told that late checkout is unavailable (as a PP published benefit) but would be available for $99.
In Vegas? Which property? Please be specific.

You've mentioned the $99 upcharge (which sounded like it was a 1-off at one property) in multiple threads, but I don't remember it being a Vegas property. Of course that might be because you mention the upcharge but don't mention the property in the threads.

And quite frankly it's a bit silly to say that elites won't get late check-out at any Vegas properties unless you've stayed at them all since May 16th when the policy kicked in.

Technically the JW resort, Cosmo (resort) & Grand Chateau are the only properties that are exempt from the 4pm check-out. There are a boatload of Marriott properties around the LVCC (Marriott basically is the main chain w/in a block of the LVCC), but I don't know that any of them are officially a convention property.

Cheers.
Old Jul 21, 16, 5:03 am

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
I got 4 pm at the Ren over MDW, which was helpful for my late Sunday night flight. It wasn't as seamless as others report in the late checkout thread, but at least I got the end result I wanted.
Old Jul 21, 16, 7:15 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K
Book Cosmopolitan through FHR

Search this Thread
Search Engine: