FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   Which Vegas Marriott will allow Platinum late checkout (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1779601-vegas-marriott-will-allow-platinum-late-checkout.html)

trekker954 Jul 20, 16 12:34 pm

Which Vegas Marriott will allow Platinum late checkout

I have a 10 pm sunday flight home. I heard the Marriott's Grand Cheateu says no to anyone asking for a late checkout. Would welcome others who have had experience with other Marriotts.

MSPeconomist Jul 20, 16 1:03 pm

How much are you willing to beg and to wait until the last minute to have any late checkout request confirmed?

ChurningMan Jul 20, 16 1:11 pm

how late is late? Often whenever i ask for late, i can get an extra hour without a problem

MSPeconomist Jul 20, 16 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by ChurningMan (Post 26944110)
how late is late? Often whenever i ask for late, i can get an extra hour without a problem

A PP should get to at least 4 pm, but good luck getting any late checkout at all desite the guarantee. I've been told that late checkout is unavailable (as a PP published benefit) but would be available for $99.

sbrower Jul 20, 16 1:31 pm

Grand Chateau is a timeshare, so the guarantee doesn't apply. I think every other Vegas property is "convention" so the guarantee doesn't apply.

catocony Jul 20, 16 4:02 pm

I usually get kinda late checkout from the Vegas Marriott - 3:00 PM or so.

SkiAdcock Jul 20, 16 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 26944193)
A PP should get to at least 4 pm, but good luck getting any late checkout at all desite the guarantee. I've been told that late checkout is unavailable (as a PP published benefit) but would be available for $99.

In Vegas? Which property? Please be specific.

You've mentioned the $99 upcharge (which sounded like it was a 1-off at one property) in multiple threads, but I don't remember it being a Vegas property. Of course that might be because you mention the upcharge but don't mention the property in the threads.

And quite frankly it's a bit silly to say that elites won't get late check-out at any Vegas properties unless you've stayed at them all since May 16th when the policy kicked in.

Technically the JW resort, Cosmo (resort) & Grand Chateau are the only properties that are exempt from the 4pm check-out. There are a boatload of Marriott properties around the LVCC (Marriott basically is the main chain w/in a block of the LVCC), but I don't know that any of them are officially a convention property.

Cheers.

Saidoh Jul 21, 16 5:03 am

I got 4 pm at the Ren over MDW, which was helpful for my late Sunday night flight. It wasn't as seamless as others report in the late checkout thread, but at least I got the end result I wanted.

GateGuardian Jul 21, 16 7:15 am

Book Cosmopolitan through FHR