Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

The worst RI I have ever stayed at

Old Jul 3, 2016, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG

Residence Inn By Marriott Tysons Corner Mall

8400 Old Courthouse Rd Vienna, VA US 22182

I'm shocked by the reply from the GM (1 Photo)

Residence Inn By Marriott Tysons Corner Mall

Check In

PAG wasn't offered, asked if I have a car and I said yes and she said there is a $6 charge for parking at the hotel lot (basically a lot just like anywhere no security, no gate and it's outside). So I told her that I will move my car somewhere so I didn't pay the $6. I moved the car into the emtpy lot next to the hotel.

Room

Bit wear and tear. Very small (I think it's the smallest suite I have ever stayed at). The worst was the dishwasher powder - they provided 2 OPEN packs and I didn't realise and took one up and spilled all over.

Dining

Breakfast was like a circus - had to wait 30 minutes to get some potatoes, and they don't replenish milk.

OK, close to Tysons Corner but nothing really special. You'll need a car to get around - although I think the hotel has complimentary shuttle.

Overall

Will not stay here again. Raised the issue about PAG (I was so annoyed that my kids got injured by using the hotel pool - I don't normally ask for the PAG compensation unless my stay is not satisfactory and this is certainly not) not being offered and the FDC felt that I was trying to rob her $50. My kids were injured in the pool due to sharp base - 2 other kids toes were bleeding too. There were 2 other kids who have been staying there long had shoes on - after seeing my kids toes and fingers bleeding I realised why. The lifeguard told me that she brought the issue up and the management didn't do anything about it.

I called Marriott CS at check-out because I know that if I don't demand the PAG compensation before I check out I won't get any. Also I got them to notice the issue at the pool too. I checked out on June 26 and the GM hasn't contacted me (although MR and the FDC said that he will contact me on June 27).

Now MR has contacted the property and said they will get back to me and let's see what they say.

Update:

The GM finally replied and I'm shocked by it:

Thank you for contacting our guest relations team about your recent stay with us. I was unhappy to hear that you experienced a few issues during your stay.

I do appreciate you bringimg the issues with the pool to my attention. This was our first complaint about the pool and I have brought this up with our pool company, who also provides out lifeguard services, to addess the issue immediately. I do hope your kids are ok.

In regards to the issue with not receiving your platinum gift. When you book on a 3rd party site, that information is not provided to us. It was not provided to us until you arrived at the hotel, by you. The Platinum gift was offered to you and our history shows the points were added to your account. Please be aware that you will not receive points for the actual stay as you booked through a 3rd party site and Marriott does not award points for these bookings. 

Please let me know if you have any additional questions about these matters.

I booked my stay through Marriott.com - he ought to know (inside my key card folder there was a slip with number of points I have and status). The FDC added the points in when I was on the phone with Marriott - he tried to deny it. The problem with the pool - the lifeguard told me that she reported the problem and there were 2 girls there who has been staying at the hotel for a while know as they were wearing shoes into the pool.

I'm really disappointed by the reply.

IMG_20160626_114438.jpg

I'm shocked by the reply from the GM

Would you like to write a review on the Residence Inn By Marriott Tysons Corner Mall?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jul 3, 2016, 12:31 pm

So what did you do to your fingers?
Old Jul 3, 2016, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by sig05
So what did you do to your fingers?
I wasn't in the pool, just the kids, my boy was trying to touch the base with his finger (he was playing picking some diving toys up from other kids).

They didn't realise they were bleeding until they got out of the water.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 5:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold (1st choice) BW Diamond (2nd)
i always expect a large amount of people when staying at any sort of hotel with breakfast options. I do feel like the hotel is being negligent regarding the pool if staff and guests have already raised the issue. I feel like the hotel might be afraid of loosing money while they close down the pool to fix the problem.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.