FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   Elite concierge services (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1767032-elite-concierge-services.html)

dank0014 May 19, 2016 8:56 pm

Elite concierge services

Curious to see if anyone has received an invitation for this new Marriott benefit. They said this would launch in late May so getting near. If you have, has you spoke with your dedicated contact yet and any details?

Michilander May 20, 2016 4:34 am

I do not recall seeing anything about this. Did you get an email or postal mail? Can you post a bit of the text?

JHake10 May 20, 2016 8:23 am

Also haven't heard anything as a fellow PP.

joshua362 May 20, 2016 8:27 am

Sounds like the "year of surprises" for the 30th anniversary of MR announced 2014 or 2015... (IIRC)

dank0014 May 20, 2016 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Michilander (Post 26654397)
I do not recall seeing anything about this. Did you get an email or postal mail? Can you post a bit of the text?

I haven't received anything, was wondering if anyone else did.

I'm referring to their list of new benefits: http://www.marriott.com/marriott-rew...ore-rewards.mi

Here is the FAQ's on the Elite Concierge Service:
http://www.marriott.com/marriott-rew...ncierge-faq.mi

I saw someone post on the Marriott Rewards Insider board that they called in and were redirected to a Travel Concierge Desk, to which the insider responded that this was the new Elite Concierge Service. Trying to see if anyone got the invite and/or had any insights to what it all entails.

I was just on the phone with Marriott with the purpose of booking a hotel stay next week. I went through the 800 # and was re-directed to a fella that introduced himself as a member of the Travel Concierge Desk group. In a nutshell, apparently Marriott now has a super-exclusive group to pamper their best customers. I asked if this was a part of, or taking the place of PP and was told that this is even more dedicated and exclusive than that. The fella mentioned I was in the top 1%...... Anyway, as the name implies, this group will be providing an elevated service level to those so fortunate to be part of the group that will be experiencing this Concierge Service.

ross123 May 20, 2016 4:13 pm

I got an email and a phone call with an introduction. I did email a reply to my ECS but don't need any assitance right now.

MSPeconomist May 20, 2016 4:20 pm

It's interesting that the FACs seem to direct questions to the general MR phone number, not tell them to call the PP number.

dank0014 May 21, 2016 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by ross123 (Post 26657686)
I got an email and a phone call with an introduction. I did email a reply to my ECS but don't need any assitance right now.

Could you post some stats on your Marriott history so we can get a sense of who is getting invited?

How long have you been with Marriott?
Status level and for how long?
How many nights did you have last year?
Any insights to how much revenue you drive?
And so on?

ross123 May 22, 2016 9:45 am

Originally Posted by dank0014 (Post 26661093)
Could you post some stats on your Marriott history so we can get a sense of who is getting invited?

And so on?

I have been PP for about 3 years now and long enough to be P Lifetime. Most of the past three years was living in a full serve in Canada from Sun-Thu at a corporate negotiated rate. In all the years I have been with Marriott I've never been less than P.

This year started slow but is picking up steam so the numbers may not be quite normal.

Code:

0 nights needed to renew Platinum level
Nights stayed: 53
Paid:42
Redeemed:11

2015 rollover:82
2016 total View my activity information 135

Platinum Lifetime Status Nights: 1,947

I looked at the last year on my All Activity filtered by stays and had exactly 52 stays (coincidence as there were times I did not travel but also times that I stayed less than a week and moved from one Marriott to another). Also my stays are across the board. I've stayed at J dubs, Autograph, full serve, Courtyard, Spring Hill, a Fairfield seemed to have wound it's way in there, and a Residence Inn but mostly Courtyard, full serve, and JW.

Ryno1234 May 24, 2016 9:31 am

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by dank0014 (Post 26661093)

And so on?

I received my email this morning but no phone call as of yet. It says "charter member" for whatever that is worth.

Answering above:
1) 8 years
2) Platinum Premier for 2 years including this year
3) 157 (63 this year including roll over)
4) not sure on the revenue, but i do spend a fair amount of time in NYC and southern California.
5) i just qualified for lifetime platinum after hitting my 750th night last week. I have had the points for a few months but just needed to hit the 750 nights.

danola May 24, 2016 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by Ryno1234 (Post 26673971)
I received my email this morning but no phone call as of yet. It says "charter member" for whatever that is worth.

Answering above:
1) 8 years
2) Platinum Premier for 2 years including this year
3) 157 (63 this year including roll over)
4) not sure on the revenue, but i do spend a fair amount of time in NYC and southern California.
5) i just qualified for lifetime platinum after hitting my 750th night last week. I have had the points for a few months but just needed to hit the 750 nights.

This seems to be above my paygrade, even after being Platinum for five years.

C17PSGR May 25, 2016 11:51 am

I also received the same charter email but no call yet.

I'm a PP for several years, lifetime plat, and have 140 nights to date, including rollover.

Catskilltraveller May 25, 2016 6:15 pm

Received my email today.

Platinum for life.

PP for several years, but not this year.

Over 1,800 lifetime nights.

lexdevil May 25, 2016 10:17 pm

Nothing yet. Unclear what order they're working in.

PP for past several years.

So far this year:
Nights stayed: 35
Paid:33
Redeemed:2
Rewards Credit Card:30
2015 rollover:69
2016 total: 134
Platinum Lifetime Status
Nights 1,903
Points 4,713,381

Cachris69 May 26, 2016 9:07 am

Received my email, but no call yet. I had to call a couple times and get routed to a concierge, but the message said my dedicated person wasn't available either time. Trying to coordinate a 100 person happy hour, so this will be a good test of how well the service works.