Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite concierge services

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2016, 11:49 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Has anyone had any experiences in the past couple of months with their "Elite Concierge." Mine seems to have ghosted and wondering if they've just abandoned the program by pulling back resources.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 11:54 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Has anyone had any experiences in the past couple of months with their "Elite Concierge." Mine seems to have ghosted and wondering if they've just abandoned the program by pulling back resources.
I've used it several times.
I usually communicate via email and sometimes call - if your assigned concierge is not available another concierge will pick up and help.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
I sent an email and thank you gift card last week for some special work. I have heard zip.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Yep, still use Cheryl and she is very responsive.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 6:14 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
What does it take for one to get a concierge? Overall spend?
Old Sep 16, 2016, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by bigshooter
What does it take for one to get a concierge? Overall spend?
I assume it's number of nights stayed, overall spend, and history with Marriott.
By invitation only and I think they are still testing it out by selecting a few members to participate.

I got my email invitation a few months ago.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 3:16 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by Catskilltraveller
Received my email today.

Platinum for life.

PP for several years, but not this year.

Over 1,800 lifetime nights.
I am the same as you except PP this year for fourth year in a row. Spend was over $60000 with Marriott last year (just looked at my expense report recap).

No love for me.

Last edited by apodo77; Sep 16, 2016 at 3:23 am
Old Sep 17, 2016, 6:16 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
I talked to my contact yesterday after a few emails back and forth. I had sent her a Amazon gift card that was an attachment thanking her for some upgrades in Europe while on vacation with my wife. FYI Marriott did not have a policy on that gift cards but now does. Elite concierge's can keep them.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA- Executive Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Elite Conceirge
I use mine constantly. I was one of the first group brought in and Margaret is a lifesaver.
She constantly fixes my travel issues and even helped plan my little sisters wedding.

I don't think i could go back.

I only have 700 lifetime nights but use all the services and was constantly on the phone with the platinum line.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 6:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by Jacob Herman
I use mine constantly. I was one of the first group brought in and Margaret is a lifesaver.
She constantly fixes my travel issues and even helped plan my little sisters wedding.

I only have 700 lifetime nights but use all the services and was constantly on the phone with the platinum line.
I'm a charter member as well with 2000+ lifetime nights and 125+ nights per year.

And ... I get the wedding issue.

But ... what are the travel issues she constantly fixes? I've only used my ambassador on a couple of occasions to add names to reservations.

What else should I be using her for?
Old Sep 11, 2017, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by Jacob Herman

I have Margaret as well, she rocks!!

I'm a charter member as well with 2000+ lifetime nights and 125+ nights per year.

And ... I get the wedding issue.

But ... what are the travel issues she constantly fixes? I've only used my ambassador on a couple of occasions to add names to reservations.

What else should I be using her for?
I've had my concierge help with:
- making reservations when I'm unable to do it online (Ritz Club upgrade, sold out property)
- help with requesting upgrade
- calling the GM when they refuse to give me an upgrade (but want to charge me for it)
- arranging transportation from airport to hotel in foreign countries
- helping with issues after a stay
- helping with points posting incorrectly or not at all
And that's just what I can think of right now.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 12:07 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
I'm surprised we, as a FT community, haven't tried to figure out the algorithm by which Marriott decided who would be charter members of the new ambassador/elite concierge program.

For instance, I'm over 1,600 lifetime nights but only ~50 the past couple of years. I was PP for a few years, but obviously lost that recently. Compared to some of those here who said they have a concierge, I can't imagine reaching out to beg for upgrades, arrange for complimentary transportation, etc. I will occasionally chat with MR reps to get points properly credited after a stay, but for the most part consider myself a low-maintenance elite guest.

It looks like they assigned concierges to those who have frequent issues or who otherwise need a lot of help with their reservations. Does anyone else have theories on how they selected the initial batch of "the worthy"?
Old Sep 12, 2017, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
It looks like they assigned concierges to those who have frequent issues or who otherwise need a lot of help with their reservations. Does anyone else have theories on how they selected the initial batch of "the worthy"?
I disagree. I use to never call before I got assigned an elite concierge but since I have one, might as well use them. I was PP (lifetime P) with over 100 nights a year and am a charter member.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman

I also disagree. I don't know what the algorithm is but I used to be a Marquis and Courtyard Club member and have 2000+ nights. In all those years, I have probably directly communicated with someone at Marriott central fewer than 10 times. I make my reservations online, and have submitted the occasional missed credit through the online portal.

Hence ... trying to figure out what I could be using my ambassador for?

A wedding seems to me like a hotel deal.
I had a recent poor experience with Starwood that I would have used an ambassador for help with but couldn't because it was Starwood.
I have asked for assistance with upgrades on a special trip. They tried but it didn't work.
I have also asked to get additional names added to the reservation and it was easier just to email my ambassador (Nancy) and ask her to add names.
I suppose coordinating transportation to the hotel makes sense.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Okay, so a few data points indicate the first batch of ambassador-worthy guests are not simply those who tended to reach out to corporate for help in the past. I'm still curious to know what criteria WERE used.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.