Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Post Your Experiences: Late Check-Out for Elites (Starting 5/16/16)

Post Your Experiences: Late Check-Out for Elites (Starting 5/16/16)

Old Dec 11, 2018, 6:43 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold

Last week:

RC Dallas: asked for 3 pm late checkout, granted immediately.

JW Marriott Austin (conference hotel): asked for 2 pm late checkout, granted immediately.

StR Houston: asked for 5 pm late checkout, granted immediately. First time I can recall ever asking for later than 4 pm.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:17 am
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
Originally Posted by MarTN
Louisville Northeast Residence Inn Selected Late Check out on the mobile app. Mentioned this at check in and received an eye roll. Clerk had to consult a note to see that Platinum really could ask for 4pm. Fast forward to morning of departure. I stopped by the front desk to double check. Clerk said there was nothing in my record and asked me who I spoke to at check in!! (Umm, the desk employee...I didnt know her name would be required). I told the clerk we would be at a conference all morning and early afternoon but would let them know if we departed before 4. He said they were oversold for the night and housekeeping would be gone. I said we were Platinum and would be using late checkout. When we returned around 2, our keys didnt work. Had to go to desk and go through the whole oversold discussion again.
It is normal for the keys not to work as the computer is "dumb" and makes then stop at the normal checkout. I would say abut 90% of the time need new keys at Marriott or ritz
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:18 am
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Today, it's defining which properties are resorts or conference facilities. Some claim just because they have a conference room or are near a city conference facility they are considered a conference property and pretty much the same for resorts. MPG does not yet have a firm list of what is and is not a resort/conference property and when the property claims they are, some CSRs will side with the property. And guess who's out in the cold?

New definition for CSR, COMPANY service representative.
marriotts site does list conference hotels
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by BeatCal
marriotts site does list conference hotels
Yes, but that does not prevent a property from claiming they are a conference site and MPG does not seem to keep the list current or support the guest when reporting a property claiming to be a conference/resort site. I believe it was MR that used to require the the words Conference or Resort in the name. Some have pointed to the URL for the property showing hotel/conference/resort, but even that has been proven out of date, or so they said.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 9:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Yes, but that does not prevent a property from claiming they are a conference site and MPG does not seem to keep the list current or support the guest when reporting a property claiming to be a conference/resort site. I believe it was MR that used to require the the words Conference or Resort in the name. Some have pointed to the URL for the property showing hotel/conference/resort, but even that has been proven out of date, or so they said.
actually it does. Per Marriott their list is the list. If you get another answer from a hotel, call Mr Marriott 800-621-0999 and they will instruct them
Old Dec 12, 2018, 9:26 am
Suspended

Ps. They don’t pass out his office number so keep it
Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by BeatCal

actually it does. Per Marriott their list is the list. If you get another answer from a hotel, call Mr Marriott 800-621-0999 and they will instruct them
Unfortunately, "Mr Marriott's" office is not open 24x7 and I doubt you will get immediate response, so it's of limited use. There are quite a few posts where the CSRs sided with the property claim and the guest was SOL. I wonder if the CRM used by MPG CSRs provides any feedback on calls (of course presuming CSRs classify the call properly) so management can see the issues that are being brought up? I like working up through the chain (as my staff was empowered), but from what I'm seeing starting at the top sounds necessary. I'm really hoping this is a temporary situation and not the norm to be expected here on out. We've been bought and delivered so why fix things?
Old Dec 12, 2018, 11:11 am
Suspended

Mr marriott’s office is always open I. The mornings and they have ALWAYS sided with their web site. The CSR are different than MM
Old Dec 12, 2018, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

good to hear re corporate office, seems impressive for big company (vs smaller upscale companies)

JW Marriott Jr's Phone Number
Old Dec 27, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: Delta - DM/ 2MM, HHonors - DM, Marriott - PM, AVIS - CM
Stayed at the Kauai Marriott Resort last month and had a 10:30 PM flight out. The previous day I asked for the latest checkout possible.
I was hoping for at least a 4 PM and was SHOCKED that they called back giving me a 8 PM checkout! It didn't hurt that the motel was only 70% full.
They earned my business for life
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:32 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
CY Alexandria, LA: Asked for 2 PM at 8:30 AM and was told no problem. When I said I'd need a late check out the agent said "how late do you need to stay?" which I appreciate. Ended up leaving at 2:15.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 1:33 pm

Do Marriott apartments qualify for the 4pm checkout for plats? I'm pretty sure they do, as I can't find anything to the contrary, but just figured I'd check and see if anybody has any experience. Thank you.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 5:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
SpringHil, Suites Pensacola Beach. Forgot to ask at check in. Stopped by the front desk at breakfast the next day and asked if they had received the info from the mobile check in app that we wanted late check out. I knew the answer would be no. Said we wanted 4pm as a Platinum and wanted to make sure our keys would work on check out day. Was told we would have to come by on that morning and have them recoded
We did, they didn’t work after normal heck out but luckily one of us was still in the room.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:00 pm

Programs: DL,US
Playa Largo in Florida Keys

Asked for late checkout and door was slammed “no” after much button pushing.

Escalated to manager (assistant front desk manager, it was late at night on a Sunday for a Monday check-out) and was told “Best I can do is 1pm. We are a resort”

Emailed the GM saying, essentially.....”I am not aware this was a negotiation with counteroffers. If you can’t do it, I get it, but I expect a reasonable effort”.

4pm was granted.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 5:22 am

About to check in to a Sheraton hotel (not a resort, not a conf hotel) in a few days time and I can still see in the app it says (among other things):

Late Checkout
"As a Titanium Elite member, your benefits include late check-out. We will do our best to accommodate your requests upon your arrival."

Not sure why they would STILL word this benefit in such a way to make it sound like the 4PM late checkout is not a guarantee but on a 'best effort' basis by the hotel. In fact, such kind of wordings to 'blur' this benefit seems to be becoming more frequent across Marriott's comms channels. IME not only does this confuse the plat/titanium guests to thinking that 4PM (or ANY late checkout) isn't guaranteed but also the hotel associates... especially those new to the job.

Why make it more confusing? Is it too hard to print "As a Platinum/Titanium/Ambassador member staying in a non-resort / conference center your benefits include late check-out until 4PM." and asterisk-caveat it to exclude Design hotels etc ??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.