Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Post Your Experiences: Late Check-Out for Elites (Starting 5/16/16)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post Your Experiences: Late Check-Out for Elites (Starting 5/16/16)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2018, 9:55 am

Was Gold during the stays:

Renaissance Bangkok 4pm
Courtyard Singapore 4pm
JW Marriott Singapore 4pm
Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Wailea Beach Resort - Marriott, Maui - 4PM Check Out and Room Upgrade to Ocean View on a 7 Night Package Stay
JW Marriott Miami - 4PM Check Out on a Group Rate for a convention I attended for work (5 Nights Sunday to Friday)

Marriott Gold
Old Jul 3, 2018, 3:52 pm

Renaissance BKK - was proactively asked if I needed late check-out. No problem getting 4 PM check-out.
Courtyard Seoul Namdaemun - same
Fairfield Inn New York Downtown WTC Area - was asked, but I declined.

Marriott Gold
Old Jul 17, 2018, 10:08 pm

Programs: UA MM (recovering former 1K), Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Recent experience at Louisville Downtown. Late checkout wasn't offered at checkin, and when I inquired the night before I was departing, I got the "sold out" excuse. I pushed back and was able to get 1 PM, which was all I needed for my 2:45 PM flight. Later I reviewed the "T&C" for Platinum, which currently says:
"Guaranteed 4 p.m. late checkout, subject to availability at resort and convention hotels"

So, I thought, hmmm, there is a convention center (currently closed for renovation) across the street, and couldn't any hotel with banquet halls claim that they are a "convention hotel"?. Last step, I went to the Marriott website where in the search I saw an option for "Convention Center" in the search criteria, and all of 6 US properties qualify, none in a major city and not including Louisville.

My conclusion, in Louisville they were just making it up, so what else is new. But seriously, does anyone have any insight into what "convention hotels" really is supposed to mean?
RogerD408 likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 10:18 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by garkster
So...there is a convention center (currently closed for renovation) across the street.

But seriously, does anyone have any insight into what "convention hotels" really is supposed to mean?
Bolding mine. I'd think it's pretty obvious--and you asked and answered your own question.

There's a convention center nearby, making a hotel qualify as a convention hotel. Whether it's closed for renovation or not doesn't change that basic fact.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by garkster
So, I thought, hmmm, there is a convention center (currently closed for renovation) across the street, and couldn't any hotel with banquet halls claim that they are a "convention hotel"?. Last step, I went to the Marriott website where in the search I saw an option for "Convention Center" in the search criteria, and all of 6 US properties qualify, none in a major city and not including Louisville.
You're looking in the wrong place. Marriott - Find A Convention Hotel

The Louisville Marriott Downtown is listed as a convention property.

Note that I've had good luck getting 4 pm at several convention and resort properties, even though they're not required to offer it.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 7:21 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
No problem getting a 4 p.m. late checkout at the Marriott Waikiki Beach in Honolulu. The hotel also sells 6 p.m. late checkouts for $99, which is a great value for non-elites. I paid for the extra two hours but at departure it was refunded by a manager who said that's policy for platinum premiers.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Fairfield Inn Paducah KY: Asked for 1pm checkout. Granted without hesitation. Housekeeping knocks at 11:55am, asking if we’re staying over another night. Never informed of the late checkout according to her.

JW Marriott Nashville: Asked for 4pm. ‘Sorry, best we can do for tomorrow is 2pm.’ It’s a two night stay. ‘Oh, yes we can do 4pm on that day.”

ETA: Room key for JW Marriott worked during late checkout, didn’t expire at normal checkout time at least. However, Housekeeping wasn’t informed and they knocked on the door around noon despite both the do not disturb sign and privacy light turned on.

Last edited by rustykettel; Nov 17, 2018 at 1:47 pm
Old Nov 17, 2018, 7:54 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by rustykettel
JW Marriott Nashville: Asked for 4pm. ‘Sorry, best we can do for tomorrow is 2pm.’ It’s a two night stay. ‘Oh, yes we can do 4pm on that day.”
We asked for late checkout at the JW Marriott Nashville on a Wednesday and were told best they could do was noon (platinum status)
Old Nov 17, 2018, 8:20 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by osubeavers01

We asked for late checkout at the JW Marriott Nashville on a Wednesday and were told best they could do was noon (platinum status)
A guarantee without any teeth isn’t much of a guarantee. I should add that a Housekeeping supervisor knocked on the door around 3pm, then walked off by the time I came to the door.
osubeavers01 likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 8:56 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
I asked for 3 pm late checkout yesterday at the RC San Francisco...and it was granted almost immediately.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 3:47 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
So far I never have issue with 4pm checkout.
Legacy SPG properties proactively offer them during check in.

Al Maha and RC Ras Al Khaimah Al Hamra beach (they are resort properties) asked my next travel arrangement on checkin and set the checkout time accordingly.
3pm for Al Maha (and booked the hotel limo as well)
and 4pm for RC Al Hamra as Emirates chauffeur drive will pick me up at 4pm.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 11:34 am
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Originally Posted by kaizen7
So far I never have issue with 4pm checkout.
Legacy SPG properties proactively offer them during check in.

My experience has been the same, others have problems. But the language isn't ambiguous. I just made a reservation for tonight, and the reservation includes the following language:

"Your elite status entitles you to a late checkout of 4 PM (this may not apply at some resort and conference hotels)."

So if you have that on your confirmation from the SPG website, where is there any ambiguity about availability or capacity or FDC is in a bad mood (unless you are at a resort or conference hotel, which is a different problem)?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by sbrower

My experience has been the same, others have problems. But the language isn't ambiguous. I just made a reservation for tonight, and the reservation includes the following language:

"Your elite status entitles you to a late checkout of 4 PM (this may not apply at some resort and conference hotels)."

So if you have that on your confirmation from the SPG website, where is there any ambiguity about availability or capacity or FDC is in a bad mood (unless you are at a resort or conference hotel, which is a different problem)?
Today, it's defining which properties are resorts or conference facilities. Some claim just because they have a conference room or are near a city conference facility they are considered a conference property and pretty much the same for resorts. MPG does not yet have a firm list of what is and is not a resort/conference property and when the property claims they are, some CSRs will side with the property. And guess who's out in the cold?

New definition for CSR, COMPANY service representative.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 6:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Louisville Northeast Residence Inn — Selected Late Check out on the mobile app. Mentioned this at check in and received an eye roll. Clerk had to consult a note to see that Platinum really could ask for 4pm. Fast forward to morning of departure. I stopped by the front desk to double check. Clerk said there was nothing in my record and asked me who I spoke to at check in!! (Umm, the desk employee...I didn’t know her name would be required). I told the clerk we would be at a conference all morning and early afternoon but would let them know if we departed before 4. He said they were oversold for the night and housekeeping would be gone. I said we were Platinum and would be using late checkout. When we returned around 2, our keys didn’t work. Had to go to desk and go through the whole oversold discussion again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.