Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AC Hotel - Guadalajara, Mexico [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2016, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Hat tip to tanglin:

If you want to help the taxi driver, tell him it's a large black tower building (22 stories) on the Glorieta Colon, next to the VIPS restaurant. If you're adventurous, say es un gran edificio negro torre (22 pisos) en la Glorieta de Colon, al lado del restaurante VIPS! (thanks Google!).
Print Wikipost

AC Hotel - Guadalajara, Mexico [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2016, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Question AC Hotel - Guadalajara, Mexico [Master Thread]

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
January 2016 is expected to bring five AC hotels:

AC Guadalajara Mexico; ...
Trying to reserve a night at this new property. Web site shows no availability until May 1, a bit later than I need. Yet http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...lajara-mexico/ gives no suggestion that the hotel is anything other than open for business. Ideas?
Old May 15, 2016, 8:42 pm

Programs: Delta - PM , MM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Peon
Question AC Hotel - Guadalajara, Mexico

Does anyone know about this hotel? I am planning a trip to GDL in early June, and it looks like this place has just opened (maybe by just, I really mean that - or it may not be open yet).

They are taking bookings for my week and it's a good deal ($75/night). I am wary of new hotels, teething issues, stuff not finished and ongoing construction..

AC Hotel Guadalajara, Mexico
Avenida de Las Americas 1500, Country Club,
Guadalajara, Jalisco 44610 Mexico
Old May 16, 2016, 7:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
If you stay at the property, please do a report after your stay so other FTers know what to expect. Thx.

Cheers.
Old May 16, 2016, 9:45 pm

Will do!
Old Jun 3, 2016, 9:03 am

Officially open, along w/ another AC in Mexico.

http://news.marriott.com/2016/06/6758/

Property is a Cat 2. And wow - rates are cheap. Saying from $66 up.

Noticed this in the press release:

The AC Guadalajara Mexico offers an outdoor pool deck with sweeping views of the city.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Jun 3, 2016 at 9:16 am
Old Jun 5, 2016, 9:20 pm

I just checked in. It opened 5 days ago according to the front desk.

It's quite a nice place, I'll take photos and write up something (if I can figure how to post photos).

Not seen the pool yet. Some of the place feels like it's still in progress. The bar ran out of beer tonight, and there were only 5 people in!

And yes, good rates. $75 a night for me, Sunday-Friday.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 5:24 pm

AC Hotel Guadalajara, Mexico - Marriott's new property in Guadalajara, Mexico

AC Hotel Guadalajara, Mexico (Marriott)

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

1500 Avenue de las Americas Guadalajara, Jalisco MX

Marriott's AC brand property in Guadalajara, Mexico (21 Photos)

Note: I have seen some excellently written and beautifully photographed travel reports on FT. This is unfortunately not one of those - forgive me.

I arrived at this hotel on June 5 2016, having looked for a Marriott before in GDL and not found one; I was surprised to see not only this property listed but also the rates really good. So, I booked it about a month before travel. On arrival (the taxi driver had not heard of it but we got there in the end) I checked in and the agent told me the hotel had only opened 5 days before.

If you want to help the taxi driver, tell him it's a large black tower building (22 stories) on the Glorieta Colon, next to the VIPS restaurant. If you're adventurous, say es un gran edificio negro torre (22 pisos) en la Glorieta de Colon, al lado del restaurante VIPS! (thanks Google!).

AC Guadalajara - Outside Entrance

Main Entrance

Although only a quarter of the building is actually the hotel (the 1st and 2nd and floors 5-12 of one half), and the rest is under construction, the hotel itself is extremely well presented and laid out. Although there is obviously nearby construction, the noise (in my room) was minimal to zero.

The ground floor check in lobby opens out to view the mezzanine which has a bar, restaurant area and an open plan business center. There's a small meeting room there also.

Lobby

Lobby

I had a basic room. At the price I booked it for ($75) I was tempted to go for a suite, but there were none available. I suspect none finished actually.

The room is not large but it is more than adequate for a few days business trip. It has a hardwood floor (or something looking like that anyway) and is nicely decorated in a neutral grey color (although for some reason the ceiling was bare concrete). I had a king bed, shower (actually a great shower), separate toilet. The sink however is in the main room. There's a desk and Wi-Fi works fine. The nicest bonus was the 55" Samsung TV (with open HDMI inputs so I can connect my laptop and watch a movie in the evening!)

There's a safe, iron and board and a reasonable selection of toiletries. On the desk there is a small Lavazza coffee machine with one regular and one decaf capsule. There's no fridge, which I would have liked. One nice touch is the built in USB sockets next to the power sockets, one at the desk and one each side of the bed, so I can charge my devices without needing to plug in a power supply or use my laptop.

The bar/'restaurant' serves breakfast in the morning (did not try), and snacks (hence it's a 'restaurant') only in the evenings. I tried the snacks, more like tapas really, and they were delicious.. Also one of the best G&Ts I've ever had (made with Hendrick's).

Yummy G&T!

Seating area in bar:

Next: Business area: 2 iMacs!

On the top floor the elevator opens out to a spectacular view, with an infinity pool, seating area and bar. The bar was not open when I took the night photos, but opened today (June 7)

The area is acceptable to sit in but it's not really finished being fitted out yet. More seemes to be added every time I look, so it won't be long. There's an annoying level of muzak on the deck though.

There's also a small gym with about 6 machines and hand weights.

Pool Bar (above) and seating area (below).

Nearby within a short walk there are some good local restaurants, and also a Carl's Jr. and Starbucks for those that cannot let go. Also nearby are a couple of small supermarkets and a pharmacy.

Overall I am happy with this hotel, and will likely use it again. The staff are very friendly and attentive. I'm here for a couple more days and will update if I find anything else of interest. Feel free to ask.

Marriott's AC brand property in Guadalajara, Mexico

Would you like to write a review on the AC Hotel Guadalajara, Mexico (Marriott)?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jun 7, 2016, 6:16 pm

As promised...

Hotel Review
Old Jun 8, 2016, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by tanglin
As promised...

Hotel Review
Thanks for the review & pics. It looks like a nice property. Much better than I would have expected for a AC.

I've created a wiki w/ your tip for the cab driver re: how to find it.

Cheers.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 7:15 am

Thanks for the review & pics. It looks like a nice property. Much better than I would have expected for a AC.

I've created a wiki w/ your tip for the cab driver re: how to find it.

Cheers.
It is nice. Also not hard to find, just because it's so new taxis have not heard of it in general yet.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 8:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by bedelman
Trying to reserve a night at this new property. Web site shows no availability until May 1, a bit later than I need. Yet http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...lajara-mexico/ gives no suggestion that the hotel is anything other than open for business. Ideas?
It is indeed open, but not fully as yet.

I was upgraded first to a corner room with a view of construction of the adjacent tower and then moved to a junior suite which is just a larger room. This is one of my favourite AC properties, the other being the newer AC Valencia.

New building issues: must use staff elevator in the kitchen and walk down a level to exit the building as both regular elevatores are out of service due to water pipe leaks in the upper part of the new building (above the hotel itself). Tonight I walked back to see water pouring along the side of the building...not a good start and no compensation offered at all. Not a peep.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 7:46 am

Grand opening was last week w/ a big party:

http://news.marriott.com/2016/08/ac-...-first-mexico/

Cheers.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 1:14 am

Grand opening was last week w/ a big party:

http://news.marriott.com/2016/08/ac-...-first-mexico/

Cheers.
Missed it

Will stay there next time though.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 1:18 pm

Was here recently,

Overall not terrible. Breakfast was available in the restaurant to-go (as well as dine in). Food was mediocre.

Rooms nice, but compact and no fridge.

Curtains were about 3 metres tall and had a gap at the top which let light in. Due to the height was impossible to clip together with a hangar as well, which was extremely frustrating.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 4:27 am

Second stay here: walls paper thin. Can basically hear an entire conversation from the next room over.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.