Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Feel Free To Move- But Why So Long To Get Marriott Card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2016, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, Delta, Marriott

My Citi Prestige card came overnight, as did a replacement card on another account. I can spend that $3000 right this week, but Marriott wants to take ten days to get the card to me. Is there a way to advance that?
Old Apr 7, 2016, 10:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
You mean Chase wants to take 10 days to get the card to you, not Marriott . You can call Chase & see if they'll expedite the card. If it's already processed/gone out in the mail, then nothing to be done. If not, they might be able to overnight it to you (although you might have to pick up the overnight fee).

Cheers.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Scott Kiwi
My Citi Prestige card came overnight, as did a replacement card on another account. I can spend that $3000 right this week, but Marriott wants to take ten days to get the card to me. Is there a way to advance that?
No, it's not Marriott, it's Chase, and Chase not only may want to take 10 days, it may want to decline you ("7-10 days" is often, though not always, Chase code for "we're sending a decline letter"), if they do approve you, they may take a month or more.

And the "why" is just because they're Chase!

For much more on this, see the wiki and recent posts in this thread:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.