Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Walked in on... Naked

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by SpicyMorale
Most hotels have this unwritten policy, some before the Las Vegas shooting but definitely more after. It's also to check for dead bodies. Three people passed in 3.5 years where I worked...
There are many ways this can be accomplished without busting into a room unannounced. The hotel could call the room and explain they are required to do a physical check. The hotel could slip a note under the door requesting the occupant get in touch with the front desk by the end of the day. Just walking into a room is inexcusable when there are less intrusive ways of accomplishing the goal.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by captainbaker
Ive walked in on a few but never been walked in on......because I always hit the secondary lock. Always. This is not a brand specific problem but more of a living on the road thing.
I've been both but it taught me to always latch the door. Once at the GSO Airport Marriott I went back downstairs where the front desk clerk insisted there couldn't possibly be someone in the room until the guy who was in the room called down yelling about the same thing. Another time in the Asheboro NC CY this guy opens up my room door, I was fully dressed, but has his nerdy/cool eleven year old and a cart of luggage with him. He asks if I'd watch his kid and stuff while he went downstairs to straighten everything out. The kid was awesome but at some point I realized he left his eleven year old with a strange man in a hotel room! When he got back he had realized the same thing and made the kid promise to not tell mom.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 8:36 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by SpicyMorale
Most hotels have this unwritten policy, some before the Las Vegas shooting but definitely more after. It's also to check for dead bodies. Three people passed in 3.5 years where I worked...
they're worried about dead people in a room where someone is making noise?
Old Mar 11, 2018, 9:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
I was in my hotel room lying on top of the bed naked when the maid walked in......finally.
Lewd and lascivious conduct is completely unacceptable. Shame on you.

And I'd sure be careful of fulfilling whatever deviant fantasy you may have in light of what happened to D.S.K.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 11:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Lewd and lascivious conduct is completely unacceptable. Shame on you.

And I'd sure be careful of fulfilling whatever deviant fantasy you may have in light of what happened to D.S.K.
Someone doesn't have a sense of humor. He was joking.

Cheers.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 12:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by edcho
I had a family of four walk in on me. Their children were horrified when they ran in. 10 minutes later the front desk agent came walking in because she probably didn't believe the family. 10 minutes later the super did the same exact thing. I was more or less furious cause they could've atleast called before.
You must have an amazing body.
kennycrudup likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 12:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by catocony
A few months ago I got the keys to an occupied room - at 1:00 AM check-in. Woke the guy up, we were both pissed, we both got 15,000 points for the screw-up.
In some jurisdictions that guy could have shot you.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 1:27 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
You must have an amazing body.
Maybe he/she did last year.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by yngdiego
I also get in the habit of using the chain or the security bar on my door at night for this very reason.
+1 but I do this at all times.

Originally Posted by hookthem
So this is a common occurance?
Unfortunately YES.

Should I ask the Marriott for anything?
YES.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 12:39 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
So this is a common occurance?
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Unfortunately YES.
Eh, I don't know about "common" as in "statistically enough to really worry about" though; 2350 nights and counting and the only people coming into any room I'm already occupying are wearing aprons.

Just put the chain on. NBD.

(ETA: I take that back; out of those ~2350 nights one time I did get a working key to someone else's room and he was in there.)
Old Apr 10, 2019, 2:08 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm more concerned, based on my personal data, with hotel employees entering the room versus other guests. I've been told that only management and security should be able to use a key card to enter when the door has been deadbolted, but IME this has happened several times with hopusekeepers or a housekeeping supervisor (with clipboard rather than cart) being able to enter a room where I have used the deadbolt on the door. These situations were all in legacy Starwood properties if that matters.

OTOH I've only once experienced the issue of another guest being assigned the same room and attempting to enter. That incident was handled very well by everyone but it was not a chain hotel.

Also, maybe the most serious incident I've experienced along these lines was in a luxury hotel where I was given keycards and sent to my room, only to notice (fortunately I always check connecting doors and sliding glass doors to balconies and terraces upon arrival) that the connecting doors to the next room were unlocked and could not be locked. The front desk tried to reassure me that the party on the other side of the unlocked door was perfectly nice, but I refused to accept their reassurances and insisted that they find someone immediately with a key who could lock then connecting door. This was a somewhat well known iconic property in the British Isles where I had a PTS/FHR reservation. I was shocked that the hotel failed to take the situation more seriously. It still freaks me out.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
IIRC when you use the "magic key" to open latched door, it will be opened without warning that the latch is engaged. (not the door bar)
Never model lock might show different light combination though

The door bar / chain is still preferred method to prevent accidental walk ins I believe.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: WS Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, AC 100K, INtercontinetal Ambassador, Avis Prefered Plus
Sunday 11:30pm check into 4 points
Neither of 2 key cards received at check in will open room
Go back down to FD and get another FDA who looks at the computer, does not ask me my name and gives me new key cards and apologizes for keys not working
I'm tired and my radar was not working I should have figured out something was wrong
I go back up to room, key card works this time and I walk in on a guy in bed, he starts yelling and cursing
Go back down stairs an yes I was now ticked off and got the original FDA and I asked her why she give me an occupied room and she says it is not her fault...sheesh what an attitude
Gives me new keys to a room beside the room I had walked in on and does not offer any apology
Wake up the next morning and breakfast voucher under my door but no I'm sorry note. I'm on business free breakfast is mute point and apology is not mute.
All I want is an apology.....wrote a note to Corp C/S they said they forwarded to hotel...heard nothing back to date
No time to try to track down Hotel GM in 11:30pm and out 6am
Hell yes I would take 15k points if offered, but an apology trumps any other compensation.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by ewok22
All I want is an apology
I will never understand this mentality. What good do they do?!
Old Apr 12, 2019, 5:19 pm

Programs: MARRIOTT TITANIUM / HILTON GOLD / UA SILVER / AMEX PLAT
Well, this is a disconcerting. Thankfully I usually use the latch or deadbolt when my room is occupied. Nevertheless, this has the potential for ending badly for people involved if this occurs to a guest that is a police officer or a lawfully armed civilian. At the very least, such a scenario will end up with the unexpected guest looking at the business end of WHAT the occupant is carrying.

Last edited by OUTraveling; Apr 12, 2019 at 5:35 pm Reason: Added word WHAT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.