Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Posted by dank0014:

Agent advised that a PP benefit allows us to book 5 day packages vs 7 day packages at lesser points. She mentioned it was only available to MVC owners and Marriott PP (not regular platinum).
Print Wikipost

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2018, 8:16 am
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by txpenny
I agree with this two year old post. I will add my data point.

I've been Platinum for 3 yeras (2015-2017), although the first was on a challenge so that probably doesn't count in swintec's and other's three year rule.

My nights last year were 348 (real nights 194, promotional 1, rollover 84, credit card 69; personal and business card ). Points earned were 1.3MM. Average rate was $239 before taxes. I would think that would put me in the top 3 of the top 3, but still Plat Elite.
I had 351 nights last year and I'm still not sure I'm in the top of the 3%...
Old Jan 19, 2018, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by icydog

So even if you’re Lifetime Platinum you have to gain Platinum Status every single year for 4 years to reach Platinum Premier? I believe the supposition put forth above, but it still seems excessive.
There are no lines to cross to make Platinum Premier, no BIB nights, no spend on room or credit card, and no years of status. The only criteria MR has released is being in the top 3% of the members and what makes up that 3% is unknown. You can double your activities and still not get PP if someone should happen to get one more tick mark putting you below the cut. It's a numbers game and they don't tell you what numbers count (pun intended). I liken it to getting the brass ring on the merry-go-round, bragging rights are about all you get.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 9:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by icydog

So even if you’re Lifetime Platinum you have to gain Platinum Status every single year for 4 years to reach Platinum Premier? I believe the supposition put forth above, but it still seems excessive.
Why do you think this is excessive for an unpublished invitation-only level above Plat?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Why do you think this is excessive for an unpublished invitation-only level above Plat?
I don't think it's excessive at all, if it truly is a prerequisite ... not even sure if it is.

United's GS status (as well as AA CK and DL 360) are all similar, and I can assure you that there is no prerequisite... as long as you spend the big $$, the invitation will come. I had a colleague that never flew UA, came into the airline, and spent $60,000 the first year.... and was invited to GS.

Companies likely have their own set of criteria to choose who gets in and who doesn't, and I don't think we are privy to those details, and only a select few within those organizations are. We are here merely to speculate and guess. Marriott may have this as some evidence does suggest, but nobody really knows.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 2:50 pm

Just an apropos of nothing post. Was PP for a few years, then not, then again last year, somewhat to my surprise. Nights were down in 2017 and I expect to go back to LT Plat. But for at least the last several weeks the Marriott Website and iPhone App have said two different things. App says "Platinum Premier Elite" and website says "Platinum Elite". Wonder if their web/app developers even know the difference?
Old Jan 23, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by barbotus
Wonder if their web/app developers even know the difference?
... as nobody else within MI does, that's just par for the course

Honestly, I still use my BT speaker and someone's using the spare battery even to this day, but that's the only way I knew I was PP those couple of years. Maybe this will change after the SPG merge goes full-on.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 4:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
Just became a PP a few weeks ago. I guess that is cool but what does it get me?
Old Jan 23, 2018, 4:56 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by mikebor
337 posts in, perhaps you'll be the one to let us all know!

(... I'm mostly serious! Read the entire thread (probably best backwards) and you'll see what I mean)
Jon Maiman likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 4:57 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by mikebor
United Gold...
Old Jan 23, 2018, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by t1c
United Gold...
They discontinued that this year.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 7:14 pm
t1c

Originally Posted by edcho
They discontinued that this year.
I heard a rumor about that, but mine is still showing gold..
Old Jan 23, 2018, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by t1c
I heard a rumor about that, but mine is still showing gold..
Yes -- the current membership doesn't expire until 2/2018 so you should still show gold until Feb 1st.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Got recognized as PP at a FI in Minneapolis tonight.... probably the first time since last summer I heard someone recognize me at checkin that knows what that status is.

To answer the poster's question about what additional service PP affords me over PT... the answer is a big fat nothing-burger.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 7:01 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
The answer is, it depends. My experience is that if you frequent the same property regularly, they will go out of their way to give you a good, if not the best, room. Also multiple arrival gifts and on several occasions, Christmas presents! For one off or infrequent stays, you may or may not get the key card to the Presidential Suite or you may just get what you paid for.
C17PSGR and jjmoore like this.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by nobbyclark
The answer is, it depends. My experience is that if you frequent the same property regularly, they will go out of their way to give you a good, if not the best, room. Also multiple arrival gifts and on several occasions, Christmas presents! For one off or infrequent stays, you may or may not get the key card to the Presidential Suite or you may just get what you paid for.
But this is true for people who don't even join a hotel's loyalty program. Once they get to know the staff, and the staff gets to know them, good treatment ensues. I think what many people hoped/expected with PP is that even hotels we've never stayed at would treat us like royalty thanks to our loyalty to the CHAIN, not that particular location. Obviously it hasn't worked out that way, in general.
RogerD408 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.