Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Posted by dank0014:

Agent advised that a PP benefit allows us to book 5 day packages vs 7 day packages at lesser points. She mentioned it was only available to MVC owners and Marriott PP (not regular platinum).
Print Wikipost

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Old Apr 8, 2017, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Mid-Tier, Marriott PP/Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
In a situation like this, I would say the Silver deserves the room more than the PP.
As a Platinum Premier (I earn an average of 300k points/year), even I would have to agree with this.

I've never had any difficulty redeeming hotel/air packages in the past either.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 6:05 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by milesmutt
As a Platinum Premier (I earn an average of 300k points/year), even I would have to agree with this.

I've never had any difficulty redeeming hotel/air packages in the past either.
milesmutt did you upgrade your UA to gold? Its not in your siggy?
Old Apr 10, 2017, 2:01 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Mid-Tier, Marriott PP/Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by t1c
milesmutt did you upgrade your UA to gold? Its not in your siggy?
Wait what? Didn't know I can upgrade to UA Gold.

EDIT: Just did a search on it, saw the pointsguy article, and registered my MR number to get United Gold. Sweet!

THANK YOU t1c!

Last edited by milesmutt; Apr 10, 2017 at 2:29 am
Old Apr 10, 2017, 8:34 am
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by milesmutt
Wait what? Didn't know I can upgrade to UA Gold.

EDIT: Just did a search on it, saw the pointsguy article, and registered my MR number to get United Gold. Sweet!

THANK YOU t1c!
No problem!
Old Apr 10, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott LTPP, Avis +
this thread is why i hate Marriott. Any international vacations i take I end up having to stay at SPG because the only marriott properties available are at the airport
Old Apr 10, 2017, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
While not a 10 day stay, I was just looking for a Friday evening stay in July in a suburb of Columbus OH. Anything close to where I wanted to stay only has rooms for sale not pts. Went to my SPG account. Found a 4 pts across the street from the FI I wanted to be at and booked for 3K for the night.

Why can't marriott just have a freeking room for pts if they are willing to sell it! That is where I get frustrated.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anotheran2
this thread is why i hate Marriott. Any international vacations i take I end up having to stay at SPG because the only marriott properties available are at the airport
Huh. I just booked exactly the nights I wanted in Costa Rica. And have stayed in many, many other places with no trouble at all on points.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 5:02 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Earned and spent 2.5 million points over the past decade and seldom had any problems redeeming, yes on a very few occasions, I've found cash rooms but no redemptions. However I've always found it far, far easier to redeem Marriott points for good value than IHG points or airline miles. The program has some deficiencies, but redemption availability isn't, in my experience, one of them...
Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:04 pm

Programs: SPG_Platinum ambassador Marriott,Accor Platinum Hyatt_Globalist Hilton_Diamond. AB*g TK*g AZ*g
The qualification of platinum premier

I have a question about the qualification of platinum premier status.
Last year, I change my account to ritz-carton rewards program, the total night account is 150 (paid, promotion, redeem). The total consumption is approximately $120k USD. However, I am unable to be recognized as a platinum premier member.
So, I do really want to know about the qualification criterial for platinum premier status.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by wuhaoyebill
Last year, I change my account to ritz-carton rewards program, the total night account is 150 (paid, promotion, redeem). The total consumption is approximately $120k USD. However, I am unable to be recognized as a platinum premier member.
So, I do really want to know about the qualification criterial for platinum premier status.
There is no published criteria.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by wuhaoyebill
It's been stated that MR assigns PP status to the "top 3% of members". They do not state if that is based upon nights, spend, number of MR execs you know, or what. So there is no sense in trying to cross a threshold to get it. If the person behind you does one more whatever, you lose. I was lucky enough to get it for the last year they offered 10% restaurant discount and had no clue what I did differently than the year before or the year after to change things.

Just consider it to be the brass ring at the merry-go-round and if you get it enjoy the measly benefit while you can. DO NOT spend an extra dime with MR to try to qualify.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 1:12 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
I recently reached out to MR, with the question, "what are the additional benefits of PP above regular P" - this was their reply (sent by a Team Leader")

"With Platinum Premier status we would honour the top 3% of all our Platinum members in terms of overall revenue and stay nights, so this is quite an achievement for you. Whilst there are no further benefits on paper for this new status, it does give our hotels the opportunity specifically recognise our top members. Furthermore, we you may contact our dedicated Platinum Premier desk on email [email protected] for any assistance with hotel reservations, coordinating partner rewards or assistance with your Rewards account."

Hope this lends some insight
Old Apr 20, 2017, 1:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It seems to be the case that people aren't given PP status unless they've already been Plat for several years.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by Wickersley
it does give our hotels the opportunity specifically recognise our top members
Ha! ... so why did I have to beg for upgrades for three years?!

What @RogerD408 is true- it's kinda nice to have, but please don't go out of your way to try to get it.

(That being said, every now and then I still use the USB charger and bluetooth speaker I got from MI as PP gifts.)
Old Apr 20, 2017, 2:42 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Platinum, Nexus/GE
The only real benefit is United Gold status. And it seems you do need to be Platinum for a number of years. In my case, it took 3 years as Platinum before moving up to Platinum Premier.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.