Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Posted by dank0014:

Agent advised that a PP benefit allows us to book 5 day packages vs 7 day packages at lesser points. She mentioned it was only available to MVC owners and Marriott PP (not regular platinum).
Print Wikipost

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador/LTT AA PLT
Finally got my PP this morning, last year 153 actual night stays (total of 397 nights with credit card and rollovers.

I did not get PP for the last two years even though I stayed 212 nights in 2015 and 197 nights in 2014. For me, it is the case that you have to be P for at least three years before PP.

I made my Lifetime Platinum last year, lifetime stay 1030 nights and 4.1M points as of today
Old Jan 8, 2017, 12:14 pm
mab

Programs: UA GS 2Million, Marriott PP & LTPP, Amtrak Select Exec
Just got PP this morning. 110 actual nights last year, 203 with rollover & CC. About 75% FS stays.

This has been typical of my activity over the last 4 years, but this is the first time they gave me PP.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by mab
Just got PP this morning. 110 actual nights last year, 203 with rollover & CC. About 75% FS stays.

This has been typical of my activity over the last 4 years, but this is the first time they gave me PP.
Always bewildered how Marriott cannot inform their guests about status. Was informed by multiple agents and supervisors that we won't fondness out about renewals for PP until end of January at earliest.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 3:24 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
i too was "anointed" today. It would appear that the 3 years prior as Platinum are a part of the qualification criteria

148 nights last year, nothing from credit card, although I did benefit from the outside USA double qualifying nights promo

Current stats:

Gold Lifetime Status
Nights 583
Points 1,884,862

Last edited by Wickersley; Jan 8, 2017 at 3:34 pm
Old Jan 8, 2017, 3:31 pm

so how will those of us who are already PP know if we were extended the status again for this year? just wait and see i guess. although my night counts last year blew all of you out of the water so if you guys got it, then i suppose im still in the club again for this year. key to this status is not to expect much except maybe the gift and be happy for what you do get at the hotels.

i am half expecting that based on how much marriott has been kissing the behinds of the "SPG entitleds" that they will simply give any SPG gold and above automatic Plat. Premier.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 5:51 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
I made Platinum Premier for this year. I have been a couple of times in the past as well. My travel was up slightly though not a lot last year, so perhaps that put me over the top again. In any case nice to be PP again even though the benefits are not well defined. The last time I was PP I did get more unsolicited suite upgrades. Time will tell what this year holds....

--Jon

Last edited by Jon Maiman; Jan 8, 2017 at 6:16 pm
Old Jan 8, 2017, 6:54 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by swintec
so how will those of us who are already PP know if we were extended the status again for this year?
Last week in February.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 7:04 pm
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Is there any special match from SPG for PP?
Old Jan 8, 2017, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium
First time plat premier after 3 years of plat

2016:
127 paid nights
18 redeemed nights
39 rollover nights
23 credit card nights
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:26 am

I just noticed I am PP this year. I was PP a few years ago, but dropped a level. I have been platinum consistently for at least 8 years. 132 nights last year, 25 of them cc and 25 were rollovers from 2015. 1200 nights and 1.9mil points lifetime. Mostly FS hotels and a lot of DC travel last year.

Last edited by nightowlrn; Jan 9, 2017 at 12:56 am
Old Jan 9, 2017, 5:36 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rthib
SPG base 25 stay Plat status.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 10:35 am
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Yes Lowest level Platinum with SPG. You would have a better chance getting United Gold than SPG 100.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
No, MR will only match you to the lowest level of Plat at SPG. If you were to switch your stays to SPG, then you can climb the Plat ladder there.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
There are no published goals needed to make PP other than being in the top 3% of members in the program. They don't say what makes up the 3% either, so it could be any combination of nights, stays, dollars spent, number of days holding a reservation, or how many MR executives have the same first name. Since this is a moving target every year, the best you can do is pour all your stays into MR and hope you break the tape.

Personally, the one year I had it (the last year they did the dining discount) the dining discount was the only benefit I liked. From my reads today, there's little, if anything, worth while in the status, unless just the fact you got the brass ring means anything even if you have no where to toss it.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 6:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Sadly, only SPG PlatMinus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.